• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Hunt

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
I think our game against Coventry is going to rest almost entirely on how well Lewis deals with the threat of McKenzie. Francis got an absolute roasting off him at Roots Hall and I firmly believe we would have won that game if we could have kept him quiet or at least quieter.

I generally find Hunt to be more consistent than Francis but it'll be very interesting to see how he deals with a player of McKenzie's pace and trickery.

My flatmate went to the Ricoh last weekend and said that Coventry were pretty poor apart from McKenzie who was almost enough to win the game for Coventry.

If we can keep him quiet, I genuinely believe we have a chance of nicking something. For now, I'll ignore the fact that they have only conceded nine at home all season and focus on them only scoring 15 odd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 28 2006,12:45)]I think our game against Coventry is going to rest almost entirely on how well Lewis deals with the threat of McKenzie.  Francis got an absolute roasting off him at Roots Hall and I firmly believe we would have won that game if we could have kept him quiet or at least quieter.

I generally find Hunt to be more consistent than Francis but it'll be very interesting to see how he deals with a player of McKenzie's pace and trickery.

My flatmate went to the Ricoh last weekend and said that Coventry were pretty poor apart from McKenzie who was almost enough to win the game for Coventry.

If we can keep him quiet, I genuinely believe we have a chance of nicking something.  For now, I'll ignore the fact that they have only conceded nine at home all season and focus on them only scoring 15 odd.
Hmmm. Funnily enough, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Can't see Lewis beating McKenzie for pace, but his concentration and positioning skills are better than Francis. He'll just need to keep his head, stay alert, and not venture too far forward, 'cause if Mckenzie gets in behind him like he did to Francis, we're f@cked.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Dec. 28 2006,12:57)]does everyone really think hunt is better than francis at right back?

i personally think francis is better!
i think hunt is better at the moment, but maybe francis will come through because at the moment i cant stand him i think he is awful

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend-united_fc @ Dec. 28 2006,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Dec. 28 2006,12:57)]does everyone really think hunt is better than francis at right back?

i personally think francis is better!
i think hunt is better at the moment, but maybe francis will come through because at the moment i cant stand him i think he is awful
Potentially I think Francis is better. He will improve. I just feel that he is struggling personally in a struggling team. Lewis Hunt is nothing spectacular but he's solid, and solid is what we need at the moment, given the predicament we are in.

For me Hunt is the better right-back (and indeed was a better right-back than Duncan Jupp, play-off final's withstanding, however I do not think Francis' position in the long-term is right-back. He constantly drifts infield, and he lets the winger go far too often. For me, he will eventually end up in central midfield - he has the engine, the pace and the tackling ability...

I think Francis is the better player but I've been very impressed with Hunt since he got back in the team. I really didn't think he had the makings of a Championship fullback but he's done well.

I think Lewis Hunt is probably our best full-back since Chris Powell.

By that I'm not comparing him to Sir Chrissy, I'm saying he is better than players like Mark Stimson, Mark Hone, Julian Hails, Jamie Stuart, Mark Beard, Che Wilson, Duncan Jupp etc.

Mind you I think Hammell and possibly Francis are also better than all of that lot.

You won't be able to compare the two performances. Hunt will have Jamal in front of him who will track back and help out. Francis had Hunt in front of him, well he was supposed to before Lewis decided to play as a 3rd central midfielder, who neither had the desire or intelligence to help him out.

Hunt has done well, there's not much to choose though between the two.

For me Hunt is better defensively but Francis is better going forward, Hunt has done well since coming and deserves a run in the team.

Presently Hunt is the better option, going forward I believe Francis could be a quality RB given more experience.
If JCR creates problems that may be be the bigger factor as Mckensie will need to be more defensive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (callan @ Dec. 28 2006,14:28)]Presently Hunt is the better option, going forward I believe Francis could be a quality RB given more experience.
If JCR creates problems that may be be the bigger factor as Mckensie will need to be more defensive.
Seems unlikely. I don't get the impression that McKenzie will help out much at all allowing JCR much more opportunity to get one-on-one with the full back or at least draw the central midfield out of position. If McCormack's back in then we may be able to move the ball quickly and punish them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (callan @ Dec. 28 2006,14:28)]Presently Hunt is the better option, going forward I believe Francis could be a quality RB given more experience.
Really, Hunt getting forward..... When did that happen then! Solid enough defender but he never ever looks to get past JCR and deliver a cross in, at WHL he looked pretty clueless and nothing since then has convinced me otherwise. Francis without doubt is the better R/B!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Dec. 28 2006,14:12)]I think Lewis Hunt is probably our best full-back since Chris Powell.

By that I'm not comparing him to Sir Chrissy, I'm saying he is better than players like Mark Stimson, Mark Hone, Julian Hails, Jamie Stuart, Mark Beard, Che Wilson, Duncan Jupp etc.

Mind you I think Hammell and possibly Francis are also better than all of that lot.
I'd question the order you've put them in but I'd agree that they're the best full-backs we've had in many years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Dec. 28 2006,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] he has the engine, the pace and the tackling ability...

but not the distribution/passing requirements
Agreed, at the moment, and playing at full-back, Francis' passing leaves a lot to be desired - but in the centre more passes are made between 10 and 20 feet so the percentage of completed passes would increase.

But that's only my opinon, m'lud...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Dec. 28 2006,18:28)]
[b said:
Really, Hunt getting forward..... When did that happen then! Solid enough defender but he never ever looks to get past JCR and deliver a cross in, at WHL he looked pretty clueless and nothing since then has convinced me otherwise. Francis without doubt is the better R/B!
I tend to judge a full-back more on whether they can defend rather than whether they overlap away from home against top half premier$hite teams. Anything they do going forward is a bonus.

Hunt may not get forward much, but he is our most solid full-back defensively and generally retains possession well.

Have to say I feel slightly sorry for Lewis.whenever we have a problem it seems Lewis Fills the gap.Centre Half injured Lewis is your man.Midfielder suspended call for Lewis.Right back not up to it, break glass and reveal Lewis.Think he should be renamed "Sticking plaster" because he covers everything. And what is more he does a more than adequate job wherever he is asked to play.

I thought Hunt defended really well against Huckerby on Boxing Day. All Norwich's moves came down their left, especially in the second half and we restricted them to very few clear cut chances.

I'm confident he can do a job against McKenzie and would rather have Hunt than Francis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ Dec. 28 2006,19:16)]And what is more he does a more than adequate job wherever he is asked to play.
Indeed - I don't think he himself knows his best postion, and like a lot of players, versitile will be a label hard to shift...

Back