• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Hunt

DTS

The Business
When Tilly decided to put Lewis Hunt at right back vs Shrewsbury I think I for one was totally unconvinced that it would be a good choice and being in a minority of one that likes Juppy was praying for his return.

Well I must say - How wrong was I. Personally I think he has been super in every game I have seen bar maybe today. The bloke defends so well and his reading of the game is 2nd only to mine when I am in the south upper. I dont think many goals can have come down his flank this season.

Going forward as well he seems to have become a lot more comfortale on the ball and for me he is most improved player from last sason.

Well done Lewis.

Spot on dts, I cant see any reason for Jupp to get back in the sqaud.
Lewis has been outstanding on the right and going forward crossing balls in has caused problem for the opposition.

Now DtS, you shouldn't be saying positive things about our players or management, you know that!

I would say that by luck Tilly & Brush pulled Hunt's name out of the hat to play right back when Jupp was IMHO having a bit of a mare.  By further fortune Lewwwwwis has proved to be slightly less worse than Drunken & the glorious cross he put in for Duds to score on Tuesday was completely accidental.  If you're really satisfied with his level of play in a team that has lost 2 out of it's last 16 games, is on the verge of the playoffs & a possible return to Cardiff in the LDV, well I feel sorry for you.  Frankly it's just not good enough!

However I would agree that yesterday was possibly Lewwwwwis's worst performance, as he did seem to lose concentration at times.

Lewis has been superb at right back. I dont think it was by luck that Tilly put him there. He's a natural for that position, and Jupp was playing pants for a good few games before he was dropped. Is it strange that our great run of form coincides with Jupp's demise?...I think not!

I have to say that the award for most improved performer would have to go Lewis because he has been excellent in recent weeks. He is probably the reason that we are conceeding less goals and grinding out results. Yesterday he got disposessed and he ran almost 40 yards before getting a great tackle in before there striker could shoot. Top man....

I along with certain others on here called for Hunt to replace Jupp for whats eemed like an eternity, I just wonder if we'd been sitting in the top 3 now had it been done earlier. Credit to Tilson though for realising what a massive asset Hunt is at the back.

Well now that Hunt is being sponsored by myself and 'Tornado' and NOT Proud Shrimper that i expect his form to be world class from now until the end of the season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Feb. 20 2005,12:02)]Now DtS, you shouldn't be saying positive things about our players or management, you know that!

I would say that by luck Tilly & Brush pulled Hunt's name out of the hat to play right back when Jupp was IMHO having a bit of a mare.  By further fortune Lewwwwwis has proved to be slightly less worse than Drunken & the glorious cross he put in for Duds to score on Tuesday was completely accidental.  If you're really satisfied with his level of play in a team that has lost 2 out of it's last 16 games, is on the verge of the playoffs & a possible return to Cardiff in the LDV, well I feel sorry for you.  Frankly it's just not good enough!

However I would agree that yesterday was possibly Lewwwwwis's worst performance, as he did seem to lose concentration at times.
Superb result on Saturday!!!

Hunt played right back last season in some games, and has always been a great player IMHO!

Jupp's time is up i'm afraid!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Feb. 20 2005,13:29)]I have to say that the award for most improved performer would have to go Lewis because he has been excellent in recent weeks. He is probably the reason that we are conceeding less goals and grinding out results. Yesterday he got disposessed and he ran almost 40 yards before getting a great tackle in before there striker could shoot. Top man....
Second that - I had him down as my man of the match yesterday, until Barrett popped up with a brace of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 20 2005,20:53)]Well now that Hunt is being sponsored by myself and 'Tornado' and NOT Proud Shrimper that i expect his form to be world class from now until the end of the season!
Ah your maiden post Draft! What fun we had breakind down on the way home yesterday near Sixfields - least we got to see the game (and one I'll never forget!). This is what away trips are all about, we'll look back on a great win and then your car exploding for years to come.....!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Feb. 20 2005,13:29)]I have to say that the award for most improved performer would have to go Lewis because he has been excellent in recent weeks. He is probably the reason that we are conceeding less goals and grinding out results. Yesterday he got disposessed and he ran almost 40 yards before getting a great tackle in before there striker could shoot. Top man....
I think "most improved performer" should go to Che without doubt IMHO, Hunt has always been an excellent player for me but the difference is that he has now been given a regular position and is excelling in the role.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp_chow_mein @ Feb. 20 2005,13:59)]I dont think it was by luck that Tilly put him there.
Whoooooooooooooosh!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 20 2005,11:08)]Spot on dts, I cant see any reason for Jupp to get back in the sqaud.
But he's been back in the squad for a few weeks now. I'd keep Jupp IN the squad (but on the bench) as Lewis can be used in a number of other positions.

I must agree with you draft that lewis hunt's superb run in form has coincided with us sponsoring him.

UP THE BLUES!!

I have been campaigning for Lewis Hunt to play right back since 1987. Do I win £5?

Just to add to the praise for Lewis: he has been excellent and I think, the reason for our improved defensive performances.

Anyone with time on their hands care to provide our defensive statistics with Jupp at RB and then Hunt at RB?

I'm certain he's the difference....

Question is, will Hunt continue to get stick from the West stand old boys when I get home for Easter?

Even when Jupp had an absolute stormer, they got pn his back. Maybe the right back should have his name written in a smaller font on his back...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Feb. 22 2005,08:53)]I must agree with you draft that lewis hunt's superb run in form has coincided with us sponsoring him.

UP THE BLUES!!
Ah the Tornado submits his maiden post I see - about time too! So you are officially a "trialist" then.....as a first-team member that means you have to clean my boots!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Feb. 22 2005,12:45)]Ah the Tornado submits his maiden post I see - about time too! So you are officially a "trialist" then.....as a first-team member that means you have to clean my boots!!!!  
biggrin.gif
The only thing I will ever clean of yours sir slackbetter is your wallet. After all you've never got any cash in it as you lose it all to me on silly bets you know you cant win.

Regards
Statski aka Tornado

Back