• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Leyton Orient 2-0 Southend Utd

Personally I was instantly surprised to see Oxley come charging out when it was obvious he was never going to get anywhere near the ball and be comfortably chipped. In part to be fair he has come out quite a few times like that and been very good and got the timing right and also had the odd slice of luck as well, deserved, so must have thought it would pay off But this time it looked like a mad idea

Wilkinson was being caught up and the Ox is a big bloke, all about opinions ,but for me, this was one to stay back for

I agree.
As soon as Oxley came out it was clear he wasn’t going to get there and it made Wilkinsons finish easier.
Easier in the respect that his best option ( with Oxley closing in ) was to chip him.
Had Oxley stayed put he may still have scored but he would have probably taken the shot earlier and from a fair way out to the side of the area.
Not blaming Oxley exactly but it did make thIngs easier

More nonsense,as per usual.
The alternative to getting out very quickly and throwing himself down to try and block the shot,would have been to stay put and watch Wilkinson smash it past him—either side! —from very close range.
"More nonsense, as per usual"?
It's an opinion, which I am entitled to express. That is the point of forums - whether you agree or not.

The referee making our wall stand 13-14m away made it relatively easy for McAnuff.

The freekick was taken inline with the penalty box circle, the wall was slightly (less than a yard) behind the penalty spot which is ten yards away. So the the wall was slightly over 10 yards away but nowhere near 13-14m.

He's quite right, but that's why the officials we get are at this level.
Do you think this panicker and the likes of Huxtable are going any further?

What's the point ? The ref is hardly going to go back and change his decision after the game.

The freekick was taken inline with the penalty box circle, the wall was slightly (less than a yard) behind the penalty spot which is ten yards away. So the the wall was slightly over 10 yards away but nowhere near 13-14m.
I wasn’t able to use my tape measure to specify how many extra metres he presented to McAnuff,but it was by Orient supporters that the figures 13 and 14 were being contested.
If it had only been “slightly over”,there would never have been the immediate protestations from so many of our players.

I wasn’t able to use my tape measure to specify how many extra metres he presented to McAnuff,but it was by Orient supporters that the figures 13 and 14 were being contested.
If it had only been “slightly over”,there would never have been the immediate protestations from so many of our players.
Have to agree.
It was the measure of protest, no pun intended, that convinced me it was long.
Players line up for these things every game, never mind the dozens practised in training.
They could probably measure it to the centimetre!

Last word, maybe.
But can anyone tell me why R Taylor decided to become Billy No Mates leading to their second goal?
He's literally doing nothing miles away on the left. Had he tucked in a bit he could have given chase to Wilkinson.

Last word, maybe.
But can anyone tell me why R Taylor decided to become Billy No Mates leading to their second goal?
He's literally doing nothing miles away on the left. Had he tucked in a bit he could have given chase to Wilkinson.
Presumably at 1-0 down,his instructions were to get forward in search of the equaliser eg to look for a header at the far post,rather than stay in our half to preserve the status quo.

Back