• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Leyton Orient 2-0 Southend Utd

72 per cent possession to the Os in the first half and our key tactic is kicking the ball back to them via Oxleys boot..

and havng run around in circles for 45mins our legs were done and we had the Sunday leaague style substitutions..

shapeless and undirected ..

umm - worried again

Remember we just need to finish 3rd bottom. Reckon with Macca and K Taylor on the field we’d have been much better, we really missed both. This was a poor game but we’ll have those.

We’ll get a few more faces in, in Jan. We’ve done fantastic to get so close to the teams above us. We regroup and we go again, no panic despite what the anti MM poster/s will say ...

Oxbury 6
Bonomwo 4
Hart 2
Hobson 5
Wright 5
Olalele 3
Egbwee 4
Demetwiooh 4
Deeyeng 4
Naffanwill-George 6
Simone Akinola (Arsenal loanee) 5
Alright, alright Jonny, don't rub it in. You fully deserved to win. But where do you get those commentators from?
In particular the demented one who was obsessed with the time-wasting by Oxley (which he wasn't) every time he took a goal kick, but worse was when he kept asking questions to his colleague of things he should have known himself like, "who did Walsh replace Matt?", "who is captain now White has gone off Matt?", "what did you think of that decision Matt?" "Have you got any cheese ones left Matt?"
Maybe not the last one, but he needs pensioning off.

Remember we just need to finish 3rd bottom. Reckon with Macca and K Taylor on the field we’d have been much better, we really missed both. This was a poor game but we’ll have those.

We’ll get a few more faces in, in Jan. We’ve done fantastic to get so close to the teams above us. We regroup and we go again, no panic despite what the anti MM poster/s will say ...

We needed one of Macca or Kyle Taylor. Our one change was really two because Dieng switched into the middle and Olayinka pushed forward. We missed Dieng’s height forward and just let them play. After around 35-40 minutes we had just committed one foul then the ref gave the foul against Egbri when he clearly got in front of 39 year old McAnuff. I can understand us not wanting to give away silly free kicks but sometimes you need to just break up the rhythm.

Their movement was far better than ours. Wilkinson and Johnson have scored 26 goals between them this season - we’ve scored 17 in total.

Alright, alright Jonny, don't rub it in. You fully deserved to win. But where do you get those commentators from?
In particular the demented one who was obsessed with the time-wasting by Oxley (which he wasn't) every time he took a goal kick,

yet, when their keeper dived on the ball in the last 5 mins, instead of just picking it up, nothing was said.

yet, when their keeper dived on the ball in the last 5 mins, instead of just picking it up, nothing was said.
That to me should be a bookable offence. Why in god's name should a keeper who catches the ball comfortably standing up, decide to launch himself to the ground, other than to waste time? Happens all the time and needs to be nipped in the bud. Instant yellow card.

That to me should be a bookable offence. Why in god's name should a keeper who catches the ball comfortably standing up, decide to launch himself to the ground, other than to waste time? Happens all the time and needs to be nipped in the bud. Instant yellow card.

So infuriating. All the pros do it. Making subs in the last few seconds to waste time etc. I'd rather watch Sunday League footy at times.

Oxbury 6
Bonomwo 4
Hart 2
Hobson 5
Wright 5
Olalele 3
Egbwee 4
Demetwiooh 4
Deeyeng 4
Naffanwill-George 6
Simone Akinola (Arsenal loanee) 5

Your commentator on iFollow is an embarrassment. Couldn’t even be arsed to get the Southend players names right. Also so biased it’s a joke. At least with Paul Clarke he tells it like it is, straight as you like.

We needed one of Macca or Kyle Taylor. Our one change was really two because Dieng switched into the middle and Olayinka pushed forward. We missed Dieng’s height forward and just let them play. After around 35-40 minutes we had just committed one foul then the ref gave the foul against Egbri when he clearly got in front of 39 year old McAnuff. I can understand us not wanting to give away silly free kicks but sometimes you need to just break up the rhythm.

Their movement was far better than ours. Wilkinson and Johnson have scored 26 goals between them this season - we’ve scored 17 in total.
We missed Macca’s general know how, leadership and ****housing, and Kyle’s movement and ability to find a pass. We do need a goalscorer don’t we, hopefully we can get one in.

In particular the demented one who was obsessed with the time-wasting by Oxley (which he wasn't) every time he took a goal kick, but worse was when he kept asking questions to his colleague of things he should have known himself like, "who did Walsh replace Matt?", "who is captain now White has gone off Matt?", "what did you think of that decision Matt?" "Have you got any cheese ones left Matt?"
Maybe not the last one, but he needs pensioning off.

Dulcet Dave has needed pensioning off for years. He is legendary for his gaffes, mispronunciations and Orient bias. Most O’s fans treat him with the kindly indulgence one usually reserves for a faithful but decrepit dog that has begun to s**t on the carpet, but I find him an active embarrassment.

As for Matt Hiscock, I doubt there’s a more balanced club commentary summariser in the division. Can’t wait for him to take over tbh.

Yes those two are as good as most in the League......unfortunately as enthusiastic and argumentative Demi is.....his position is right back and will create very little in midfield.

Dulcet Dave has needed pensioning off for years. He is legendary for his gaffes, mispronunciations and Orient bias. Most O’s fans treat him with the kindly indulgence one usually reserves for a faithful but decrepit dog that has begun to s**t on the carpet, but I find him an active embarrassment.

As for Matt Hiscock, I doubt there’s a more balanced club commentary summariser in the division. Can’t wait for him to take over tbh.

Is that the bloke that can’t pronounce his R’s....drove me mad!

Not getting too despondent. Its gonna happen, teams have good and bad days, if someone saw our first half against col u they would probably think we were top of the league! just need to get back on track and continue trying to get out of the relegation zone.

Its quite clear to me that even if kyle and macca stay, we still need another midfielder comparable to them, add a goalscorer and take away the horrific start and the current squad should be a mid table squad.

Hopefully MM can relight the fire and get a result saturday.

We’ve got 7 league games in Jan ( Covid permitting ) and apart from a very tough one on Saturday away to Newport , I think we can pick up a fair few points from the other six.

Back