• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leyton Orient in possible Basildon move

CyrilSneer

Winger
From the Sun today

'East Londoners Leyton Orient may say farewell to Brisbane Road. Owner Barry Hearn admitted. "We may look at moving to Harlow or Basildon, for instance, where a lot of our core support has moved out to"

Surely he is not serious.

From the Sun today

'East Londoners Leyton Orient may say farewell to Brisbane Road. Owner Barry Hearn admitted. "We may look at moving to Harlow or Basildon, for instance, where a lot of our core support has moved out to"

Surely he is not serious.

Why not? The message from the Franchise FC case study is clear; you have to ride out a storm lasting less than 5 years whilst the Great British apathy kicks in, and then you're in the clear.

Old news this isn't it? Someone notify secret Shrimper and part time tight short wearing Jonny Stokes!

Absolute tosh but fans will always flock to big clubs so I don't think we have anything to worry about as far as Borient are concerned, even if this were to actually happen (which it won't!). :finger:

Now, if West Ham moved there because they couldn't find a big enough site for a new stadium in East London I'd understand it (not like it, but understand) as Basildon is where a large core of where their fanbase is.

But Orient? Surely they don't have a huge level of support there? I'd say what they'd gain in extra fans would be less than they'd lose by alienating their fans who would want to stay in East London.

I don't like Orient but would support their fans in any fight they had against a move. This goes beyond local rivalry and is about supporters standing up for what's right in football, and what's right is clubs keeping their local identity.

Living in East London I know more Orient fans in the Southend area than in London.

Football shirt wise, where I live is like when I grew up in Southend: Liverpool the most popular, then maybe Wet Sham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, then maybe Southend. Orient don't feature, but there are a fair few Southend around.

Look here on page 10 the sadOs have placed on the Google earth where they live See below)... according to the map only 1 SadO lives in Basildon.... so Hearn is taking rubbish

Basildons my patch everyone really supports the Hamsters or the Premier**** clubs

But there are a lot more shrimpers in area thse days.... Vic Jobson dream was right

http://www.leytonorient2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=208220&whichpage=10

Last edited:
Look here on page 10 the sadOs have place on the Google earth where they live See below)... according to the map only 1 SadO lives in Basildon.... so Hearn is taking rubbish

Basildons my patch everyone really supports the Hamsters or the Premier**** clubs

But there are a lot more shrimpers in area this days.... Vic Jobson dream was right

http://www.leytonorient2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=208220&whichpage=10

That's exactly what I mean - there are 3 in Southend within a mile of Roots Hall, but only one of them within a mile of where I live (which is about 3 miles from Brisbane Rd).

Back