• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leyton Orient

Would they be able to survive another relegation in their current guise?

No I don't think they could survive in their current guise if they went down again, they are sitting on prime property in Leyton, & with an attendance of just 4k in a 9k+ stadium, I feel if they went down again, it will probably average around 2.5k at best.... If their not losing money now, they will be if they getting relegated again.

However if i think they will be ok and survive the drop, looking at their fixtures they will probably pick up about another 10-11 points by season close, which should be enough to see them to safety.

Would they be able to survive another relegation in their current guise?

Yes. Academic now as two wins on the trot mean that we’ve now ****ed this tinpot league as expected, but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘their current guise’. We’re back on a comparatively stable financial footing and no longer being run by a lunatic using us as a front for money laundering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Academic now as two wins on the trot mean that we’ve now ****ed this tinpot league as expected, but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘their current guise’. We’re back on a comparatively stable financial footing and no longer being run by a lunatic using us as a front for money laundering.

Did you watch the #askMaclin stuff on Twitter the other night? I always liked Danny, but it was funny ****!

Got to admit way back when we had division 3 south and division 3 north had its merits, you had more derby matches and less travelling them days.

Half the teams down here are within a 90 minute jaunt. A minimum of two Northern sides and Torquay getting relegated, with Barnet coming down, Macclesfield going up and only Truro a mission in the promotion hunt in the Conny Sarf. Mustn’t grumble.

Jonny_Stokes;2046027[B said:
]Yes. Academic now as two wins on the trot mean that we’ve now ****ed this tinpot league as expected, [/B]but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘their current guise’. We’re back on a comparatively stable financial footing and no longer being run by a lunatic using us as a front for money laundering.

So the O's won't be going down again this season? Good.

So the O's won't be going down again this season? Good.

It would take a freak set of results now. 9 points clear with a favourable goal difference and 8 teams as a buffer. We’re threatening to finish in the top half, which would be a miracle, all things considered.

Had half an eye on it. What was funny?

Questions from his former colleagues here, and from Chris Phillips, obviously a few "in" jokes but lots of references to his bald head, and particularly to his likeness to Gru from Despicable Me.

I meant "current guise" as in I dont know what the situation is apart from the fact that the Italian nutter is no longer there, maybe a strange choice of wording I give you that,

Questions from his former colleagues here, and from Chris Phillips, obviously a few "in" jokes but lots of references to his bald head, and particularly to his likeness to Gru from Despicable Me.

Oh. He’s bald. Hilarious.

I meant "current guise" as in I dont know what the situation is apart from the fact that the Italian nutter is no longer there, maybe a strange choice of wording I give you that,

We’re owned by the CEO of Dunkin’ Donuts (lifelong Orient fan) and a mad (but in a good way this time) Texan who travels over for most of the games plus a couple of other minor investors (all Orient-supporting businessmen). The club didn’t even have a bank account when they arrived :facepalm:

We’re owned by the CEO of Dunkin’ Donuts (lifelong Orient fan) and a mad (but in a good way this time) Texan who travels over for most of the games plus a couple of other minor investors (all Orient-supporting businessmen). The club didn’t even have a bank account when they arrived :facepalm:
Well if thats the case perhaps in a season or two we will see the Os back in the league .Always had a bit of a soft spot for them . Good Luck !

Rejoice, for the O’s will be facing Maidenhead again next season. Mathematically safe from relegation to Division 6 with 3 games to spare. It’s the stuff that dreams are made of.

Rejoice, for the O’s will be facing Maidenhead again next season. Mathematically safe from relegation to Division 6 with 3 games to spare. It’s the stuff that dreams are made of.

It is good news, as I don't think you'd survive another drop. Sod these games oop north, give me a local derby any day.

It is good news, as I don't think you'd survive another drop. Sod these games oop north, give me a local derby any day.

Dunno where you get that idea from. Gates have remained above 4,000 this season and we’re back on a sound financial footing again. Might even finish in the top half next season.

To be fair Jonny, MK Shrimper did say it was good news, and wished your team the best and was glad you didn't get relegated again.

But in the interest of fairness, (seem as you mentioned it)

What was the attendance of your last home game against Barrow? was it less than 4,000? I beleive so......or perhaps the one against Torquay about a month ago??... 2,900 i've read.

That being said, considering your in the semi pro league, you are pulling in home attendances similar to Championship side "Burton Albion".. So it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Back