• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News LIAISON MEETING

Have any of the directors ever had the pleasure of watching the game from the west stand , especially if it’s raining and they want to buy food and they are thirsty and want to buy a beer and then understandidly they want to use the bathroom. Whilst in the toilets they may want to wash wipe their bum, wag their hands with soap and hot water and then dry them. (Obviously they would like to dry their feet from the puddles in the loos and the puddles outside the stand if it’s raining, but beggars can’t be choosers).

Ps. Can they move the ruddy pillar in front of me as well that spoils my view of the south stand goal. I wouldn’t complain as my view of the north bank goal is great, unfortunately we don’t tend to see a lot of goals there

They should try the above, We then wouldn’t have to explain the same issues year after year

Yes I know, we can’t waste the money when we are moving and it’s the charm of “our” home?
Actually one of our Directors sits in the West Stand at most games.

Really can't agree with keeping away fans locked in the ground. Last time that happened was in the 1980's.
As we rarely have police in the ground anymore I can't see our stewards holding back 2,000+ away fans. It could lead to crushing as people try to push forward to get out. Could actually create more trouble than it prevents.

Good point. Number One retracted please. Or change it to ban away fans :Hilarious:

Could you ask the club to make a stand and provide alternative entertainment to the Bluebelles? I do not believe that kind of spectacle is any better than the girls that parade around boxing rings holding up the round numbers. Jeeez! I must be getting old! But hey, this is 2019. Move on.

I would like to see police dogs doing assault courses at half time.

Kerry, I can cope with the West stand bogs at the entrance to the stand, basically through years of putting up with the aroma and a suitable pair of shoes for those puddly floors. I accept that there ain't going to be anything done about them. What I'm far more concerned with is the leaking roof over the entrance to the bogs. When it rains it finds the various leak points in that roof and I do worry about the combination of leaky roof, rain and electric lights. I don't really want to have to add decent earthing to my person when it rains and I need a leak. Not a new whinge but is now a long running one!!

I would like to see police dogs doing assault courses at half time.
One of the strangest half time entertainments we had was when a stunt man blew himself up in a coffin. Splinters from the coffin actually injured a few people in the crowd if I remember correctly. Probably late 1980's or early 90's.

Oh and what ever happened to the 'Funny Bunnys' men dressed as rabbits. Not quite sure what was funny about them?

One of the strangest half time entertainments we had was when a stunt man blew himself up in a coffin. Splinters from the coffin actually injured a few people in the crowd if I remember correctly. Probably late 1980's or early 90's.

Oh and what ever happened to the 'Funny Bunnys' men dressed as rabbits. Not quite sure what was funny about them?
That was a Tuesday night game remember it well 89/90 season me thinks

Really can't agree with keeping away fans locked in the ground. Last time that happened was in the 1980's.
As we rarely have police in the ground anymore I can't see our stewards holding back 2,000+ away fans. It could lead to crushing as people try to push forward to get out. Could actually create more trouble than it prevents.

Your point taken UtS......the counter balance being the Brizzle Rovers game I mentioned earlier... it was announced over half time (and again at the end of the game), that "away supporters would be held back for 10 - 15 mins in interests of safety"), whilst annoying at the time, in retrospect made good sense

Weren't they advertising a club, which I assume quickly went under?

I'm more concerned about the apparent demise of our other mascot, Elvis J Eel!

Could you ask the club to make a stand and provide alternative entertainment to the Bluebelles? I do not believe that kind of spectacle is any better than the girls that parade around boxing rings holding up the round numbers. Jeeez! I must be getting old! But hey, this is 2019. Move on.

My daughter wanted to be a paediatrician or a human rights lawyer until I took her to a Southend game.

Now she wants to marry a third rate footballer and wear LA gear trainers.

Ps. Can they move the ruddy pillar in front of me as well that spoils my view of the south stand goal. I wouldn’t complain as my view of the north bank goal is great, unfortunately we don’t tend to see a lot of goals there

They should try the above, We then wouldn’t have to explain the same issues year after year

Yes I know, we can’t waste the money when we are moving and it’s the charm of “our” home?

I've seen plenty of late winning goals there this season.

My daughter wanted to be a paediatrician or a human rights lawyer until I took her to a Southend game.

Now she wants to marry a third rate footballer and wear LA gear trainers.

She could start with the West stand toilets. Then the 10 inch portable TV in the East, which causes eye strain.

How about lock them out then, about 2.45pm :Smile:

Would be more safe to stop cars leaving the Car Park until say 15 minutes after the match. I am surprised no one has been injured. More by luck than judgement. Cars don't mix with pedestrians.

I use to be a steward at Roots Hall and you tell people where to park their car only to be told to eff off. You want to tell people they have to stay there for 15 minutes after the game. Good luck with that.

Would be more safe to stop cars leaving the Car Park until say 15 minutes after the match. I am surprised no one has been injured. More by luck than judgement. Cars don't mix with pedestrians.

And all the cars trying to get in when everyone else is leaving!

Back