• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News LIAISON MEETING

I use to be a steward at Roots Hall and you tell people where to park their car only to be told to eff off. You want to tell people they have to stay there for 15 minutes after the game. Good luck with that.

It works at Stoke, Derby, Swansea, Middlesbrough.... all grounds I've been in the last 2 months.

It would be nice if the TV in the west stand tea bar was fixed so its
watchable. Have requested this before but to no avail.

It works at Stoke, Derby, Swansea, Middlesbrough.... all grounds I've been in the last 2 months.

To be fair though, they are all larger modern purpose built stadiums with a lot more onsite parking spaces than us. They took that in mind when it when to planning permission.

Just as we have done now (to an extent) for Fossetts Farm.

That wasn't probably high on the agenda back in the early 1950's, when they were looking into building Roots Hall.

Removable bollards to halt all cars,need to be in place between 16.50 and 17.10 in Shakespeare Drive. Residents wouldn’t be put out by this,it’s the occasional looneys who demand to make a quick getaway that might kill someone.

South stand refreshments?
Not going to happen. I'm pretty sure that the food outlets there have been condemned as unsafe. They require too much money to be spent on them to bring them up to standard. It's a question asked many times over the years by the Shrimpers Trust at their Liaison Meetings.

And all the cars trying to get in when everyone else is leaving!

That's always amazed me. It causes mayhem with cars coming in and going out and fans going out all at the same time. The cars coming in are picking someone up that's just watched the game. You even see them driving one handed whilst on their mobiles talking to the one's they are picking up I presume. They could easily park in the temporary parking in Victoria Avenue between the club shop and Pizza man, or opposite William Hills the Blue Boar, or the Ideal Fish Bar if picking up people.

Ps. Can they move the ruddy pillar in front of me as well that spoils my view of the south stand goal. I wouldn’t complain as my view of the north bank goal is great, unfortunately we don’t tend to see a lot of goals there

They should try the above, We then wouldn’t have to explain the same issues year after year

Yes I know, we can’t waste the money when we are moving and it’s the charm of “our” home?

To be fair, if you buy a season ticket and find you have a restricted view, go to the club shop ticket counter and they will move you to a better seat available. It happened to me the last time I had a season ticket a few years ago. They were as good as gold.

Have any of the directors ever had the pleasure of watching the game from the west stand , especially if it’s raining and they want to buy food and they are thirsty and want to buy a beer and then understandidly they want to use the bathroom. Whilst in the toilets they may want to wash wipe their bum, wag their hands with soap and hot water and then dry them. (Obviously they would like to dry their feet from the puddles in the loos and the puddles outside the stand if it’s raining, but beggars can’t be choosers).

Ps. Can they move the ruddy pillar in front of me as well that spoils my view of the south stand goal. I wouldn’t complain as my view of the north bank goal is great, unfortunately we don’t tend to see a lot of goals there

They should try the above, We then wouldn’t have to explain the same issues year after year

Yes I know, we can’t waste the money when we are moving and it’s the charm of “our” home?
Our view of the North Stand goal the one and only time we ventured into the Director's Box.

1552657676282.png

To be fair though, they are all larger modern purpose built stadiums with a lot more onsite parking spaces than us. They took that in mind when it when to planning permission.

Just as we have done now (to an extent) for Fossetts Farm.

That wasn't probably high on the agenda back in the early 1950's, when they were looking into building Roots Hall.

And as I was saying. They hold you back for 15 minutes. It was nearer 30 at Reading. Both Stoke and Swansea had road closures taking you out of town. Reading let the supporters buses (park and ride) go before the cars.

To be fair, if you buy a season ticket and find you have a restricted view, go to the club shop ticket counter and they will move you to a better seat available. It happened to me the last time I had a season ticket a few years ago. They were as good as gold.
Yeah I know. We had been in W block for a few years standing very loosely in the same area and never really paying attention to the row/ seat number.When we got season tickets we ‘ guessed” the row/seat number and made what turned out to be a crap choice. Several years later we have kept the same seats, once you have “my seat” it’s difficult to move
It’s like the stadium, - it’s crap buts it’s ours . my view of the goal might be crap- but it’s “mine”
?

Really can't agree with keeping away fans locked in the ground. Last time that happened was in the 1980's.
As we rarely have police in the ground anymore I can't see our stewards holding back 2,000+ away fans. It could lead to crushing as people try to push forward to get out. Could actually create more trouble than it prevents.
Depends which way you walk...if like me you walk down Shakespeare and then fairfax towards Vic Ave nearly evry game the potential is there for it to kick of with hardly any police around.You clearly didn't see Luton block Fairfax Drive with plod having totally lost the situation recently . Only sensible solution with large away support is the 10 minutes lock in.

Back