• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell

Ron is bowled over by the well known names, hence why Harry convinced him to employ Bond.
Or put it another way
Ron is not an expert and recognises that fact. He therefore takes advise from someone who should be an expert.
Bond wasn’t a “ big name”

Bond isn’t scum just a poor manager, Ranger totally agree with you, shame many treated the low life as a hero
Given what has occured after he left, he didnt get given much of a chance did he. He said it would take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort it out. Everyone scoffed including myself. But we all seem to have accepted that truth under sol..

Very good chance if he'd stayed we'd be precisely where we are now, ditto waddock.

Given what has occured after he left, he didnt get given much of a chance did he. He said it would take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort it out. Everyone scoffed including myself. But we all seem to have accepted that truth under sol..

Very good chance if he'd stayed we'd be precisely where we are now, ditto waddock.

If we had given bond a few more transfer windows we would end up in the Essex senior league.

Bond isn’t scum just a poor manager, Ranger totally agree with you, shame many treated the low life as a hero
Who said Bond is scum ? The thread is about Ridgewell and he's just about as scummy as scum gets in my opinion.

Afternoon all.
I've been reading through various posts on this forum over the last few days and there appears to be some people that obviously have some insight into what goes on at the club, behind closed doors.

A wee birdie gave me as little insight and I just thought I'd pass this on to add some more context, although due to the current situation, can't go into all detail.

Sol does not like dealing with the more senior players in the squad and this is well known to the "in the know" persons. I cannot say as to the atmosphere in the squad being toxic prior to this season, but there has certainly been some unwelcome input from the senior or "older" players if you like in regards to the problems at the club that was not appreciated by the manager.

Sol fancies the younger players and likes the fact that they will just do what they are told and get on with things, take from that what you will.

In regards to the insight somewhere on this forum that Ridgewell just couldn't be bothered to get on the team coach, this is not exactly how it happened.

He allegedly was snubbed by the manager as soon as he arrived and didn't feel welcome. The team have a WhatsApp group between them where they discuss training times and coach pickup times etc. Ridgewell was apparently mysteriously removed from this team WhatsApp group and never got to know the pickup times and missed the coach.

Whether you believe this or not will be dependent on your views of Sol. He is the manager, he has his own agenda. He is throwing out cliché and spin when being asked questions in regards to the squad and what is happening, but that is part and parcel of being in football these days, all the PR training.

Southend will be moving forward with a young squad, there are some great lads already at the club that will do a good job given time, be patient.

The chairman is backing the manager, this evolvement is planned and welcomed by Sol.

Up the Blues!

Afternoon all.
I've been reading through various posts on this forum over the last few days and there appears to be some people that obviously have some insight into what goes on at the club, behind closed doors.

A wee birdie gave me as little insight and I just thought I'd pass this on to add some more context, although due to the current situation, can't go into all detail.

Sol does not like dealing with the more senior players in the squad and this is well known to the "in the know" persons. I cannot say as to the atmosphere in the squad being toxic prior to this season, but there has certainly been some unwelcome input from the senior or "older" players if you like in regards to the problems at the club that was not appreciated by the manager.

Sol fancies the younger players and likes the fact that they will just do what they are told and get on with things, take from that what you will.

In regards to the insight somewhere on this forum that Ridgewell just couldn't be bothered to get on the team coach, this is not exactly how it happened.

He allegedly was snubbed by the manager as soon as he arrived and didn't feel welcome. The team have a WhatsApp group between them where they discuss training times and coach pickup times etc. Ridgewell was apparently mysteriously removed from this team WhatsApp group and never got to know the pickup times and missed the coach.

Whether you believe this or not will be dependent on your views of Sol. He is the manager, he has his own agenda. He is throwing out cliché and spin when being asked questions in regards to the squad and what is happening, but that is part and parcel of being in football these days, all the PR training.

Southend will be moving forward with a young squad, there are some great lads already at the club that will do a good job given time, be patient.

The chairman is backing the manager, this evolvement is planned and welcomed by Sol.

Up the Blues!

LMR210784

Liam Ridgewell born on the 21st of July 1984.

You are Ridgewell and I claim my £5

Afternoon all.

Up the Blues!

LMR210784 - Liam Matthew Ridgewell - with his DOB correct too. Very sly

Also, "Last few days" - your account was created today

Afternoon all.

Up the Blues!
Thanks Liam, how’s the golf?

Afternoon all.

Up the Blues!

Hi Liam.

1 - Why did Sol snub you, straight away. Was this anything to do with your attitude?

2 - Why didn’t you confirm travel/location times with someone within the club. There are various possible sources for such information.

3 - Maybe Sol doesn’t like dealing with the more senior players, because it’s those same senior players who have lead us to the position we’re currently in. They’ve allowed their fitness levels to drop, which in itself is a cardinal sin, and have refused to apply themselves properly during training & matches. Some have allegedly even refused to train/play, claiming to be injured, despite being ruled as OK, by the medical staff.

4 - The injury you sustained back in August, was supposedly meant to keep you out for around a month or so. You’ve allegedly not been at the club since November, can you fill us in on what you’ve been doing in that time?

5 - I’m not necessarily a Sol man, but under his stewardship, we’ve gone from regularly conceding 3 or 4 goals per game, to being unbeaten in our last 4 outings. His “agenda” seems to be working - albeit at a slow pace.

6 - Why were you kicked from the WhatsApp group? Not that it’s a bad thing, I wouldn’t want to be tied in with this bunch either, but what specifically did you do wrong to upset the applecart?

Hi Liam,
GBJ beat me to it (above) - but here, I think, is a shorter version of the same thing.
You are kidding about the coach thing, right?
You never thought to ask independently of the WhatsApp posting what time you were due for work?
Talking of which, if you were 'mysteriously removed' did you ask why? And if so, why is it not explained in your posting as you've been candid about a whole lot more?
By the time Sol arrived, 14 games had been played in which you featured for 52 minutes, and yet another defeat.
Your calf injury since August 2 when you signed? How's that getting along?

Last edited:
I'll bet that picture with him on the ball was hard to get... he was only on for a while and barely touched the ball... when he did, he gave it away!

Back