• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell

Maybe a stupid question... but is that actually him? The tattoos look like it could be...

Yes it is him. It was in an article the Sun wrote, under the headlines... The vilest footballer in Britain.

“The people of West Bromwich earn a fraction of what this idiot earns
yet he makes a mockery of his good fortune like this. It makes me sick.''

“We’ve always thought footballers were arrogant, overpaid buffoons and this
just proves it.”

Ridgewell, an unused sub in his side’s 1-0 defeat to Stoke yesterday,
apologised last night.

He said: “The photo was taken in the privacy of my home around eight months
ago as a joke to wind up a mate, who I had just won a personal bet with.

“I only intended him to see the photo but now it’s public, I can understand
how it will be viewed. I am sorry for any offence it causes.”

If there’s one picture to sum up the club this year it’s that. Paying past it players to sit on their arse

Once he leaves he should never be spoken about again on these boards.
I would challenge that he should regularly be spoken about so we don’t forget and the club don’t repeat the mistake. Maybe even have an annual celebration on the anniversary of his departure (if the club ever announce it): call it Day of the Tool, or something similar.

At least he got very lucky in the USA when he got stopped by the cops, failed a sobriety test, refused a breath test, but got let off in court on a technicality.
During their November 2016 court date, Judge William Bruce Shepley ruled stopping Ridgewell, who arrived on the scene only after Gleeson was involved in a two-vehicle crash, wasn't supported by probable cause or reasonable suspicion.
Quite amusing if you watch the video. His team mate at Portland Timbers has had a crash, Liam, who was out eating and drinking with him that night, is called to the rescue, but the cops arrive at the same time. The first question he asks Liam is, ''Have you guys been drinking tonight?'' Liam says ''No.'' And then the lies carry on from there until unravelled by the very calm and polite cop. ''Have you been with him tonight?'' ''Tonight? No, no.'' The lies carry on, until the cop gets to the truth that they have been together that night, and have been drinking a fair bit, hence failing the sobriety tests and refusing the breath tests.

You have to wonder who took that photo of Ridgewell and what the nature of the relationship was.

As far as I am aware this sort of behaviour is usually the domain of German special interest films.

The buck stops with Ron. Bond might have been a clueless idiot but ultimately it’s Ron that brings scum like him and Ranger into our club.

The buck stops with Ron. Bond might have been a clueless idiot but ultimately it’s Ron that brings scum like him and Ranger into our club.

Ron is bowled over by the well known names, hence why Harry convinced him to employ Bond.

Back