• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell - Leaves?

What a joke, the bloke has been an absolute waste of a wage. Don’t let the door slam you on the way out!

Freeing up funds for someone out of contract to come in?

Lets hope so. Also if Hamilton and Ndukwu cant contribute more they could also be sent back. A bit harsh on them perhaps, particularly Layton who hasn't had a proper chance really (although who knows how they have been behind the scenes?).

We need to free up as much space on the payroll as possible to bring in some players with a backbone and moral compass.

Lets hope so. Also if Hamilton and Ndukwu cant contribute more they could also be sent back. A bit harsh on them perhaps, particularly Layton who hasn't had a proper chance really (although who knows how they have been behind the scenes?).

We need to free up as much space on the payroll as possible to bring in some players with a backbone and moral compass.

I've seen Joe Ledley being mentioned on twitter earlier

Nothing of any substance but I'm putting 2 and 2 together and making 5

Yes please. Two of the worst wastes of space are those loanees. I don't care that they are from Man Utd and Leicester. I don't care that "they are only young, give them a chance". Ship em back Sol, and bring in two loan players of the calibre we had last season in Hart and Moore. As for Ridgewell, good riddance to bad rubbish.,

Based on his debut he has to be the worst signing ever...

As for Hamilton I really do not see what others see. He isn’t a patch on Yearwood. Can’t tackle, prances around and barely moves in a forward direction. Still good enough though to comfortably get in our team.

Love it Sol!! Enough of this ****

Separate the men from the boys, This lot have gotten away with murder for far too long. Boots and Laces has been like a holiday camp and stole a wage in the process

Reputation gets around Southend are chucking dough about like confetti and you dont even have to train, I'll have some of that please

ITS OVER

Sums up everything that has been wrong with our transfer policy in the last 3 years.
A big name signed for experience despite hardly kicking a ball in the previous 12 months and no pre-season. No wonder he put in one of the worst performances ever seen on debut.

Back