• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell - Leaves?

Another one that has gone rapidly backwards as soon as they bed in at Southend
First game I see him thought, this is better, drove forward, slipping balls through, shooting from anywhere. Now he is no better than Mantom.......what goes wrong here?

Obviously the coaching under the unholy Trinity of Powell/Bond/Waddock. Hopefully things will change under SC.

Another one that has gone rapidly backwards as soon as they bed in at Southend
First game I see him thought, this is better, drove forward, slipping balls through, shooting from anywhere. Now he is no better than Mantom.......what goes wrong here?

Totally agree. First couple of games I thought he was a class above and the best player on the pitch. Driving runs, positive passing, trying to make things happen and shooting on sight. Now he genuinely is no better than Mantom. Runs around like a headless chicken, can’t tackle, can’t pass and doesn’t shoot.

So he played for us for 52 minutes, is absolutely shocking and gets taken off. Then hardly ever seen again. Yeah, thanks for that Mr Bond. Nice parting shot.

Yes please. Two of the worst wastes of space are those loanees. I don't care that they are from Man Utd and Leicester. I don't care that "they are only young, give them a chance". Ship em back Sol, and bring in two loan players of the calibre we had last season in Hart and Moore. As for Ridgewell, good riddance to bad rubbish.,

Agreed fully...But who actually scouted and chose these two?
Ane the rest of them...Was it Bond or Martin?
Whoever it was cant judge a player and has also been behind the wages wasted on Oxley and Kightley to name but two.

Oh yes, it must be Rookie Ron...Time to step aside Sir and forget your financial vanity project too before we become the next Bury F.C.

Totally agree. First couple of games I thought he was a class above and the best player on the pitch. Driving runs, positive passing, trying to make things happen and shooting on sight. Now he genuinely is no better than Mantom. Runs around like a headless chicken, can’t tackle, can’t pass and doesn’t shoot.

Your talking about the games against Posh and MK, where he was our best and certainly most creative player over the 2 games. He was then played out on the left in a very ridged and overrun midfield 3 and just could seem to get into those games.

When Hutch came on early v Wimbledon we played possibly our best 30 mins of footy so far. All the best moves went through Hamilton and Hutch with Dieng covering. A more central midfield 3 that clearly worked at last.

Then we go to Tranmere and Hamilton is playing behind Dieng and doing the covering work. Yes Dieng had scored our goal v Wombles but why change what worked? Hamilton covered a lot of ground including both touch lines.

5 minutes into the Donny game he is the only one showing for a throw in our half. He gets a bad throw, Ralph doesn't have the room to have it back and the rest of our team are hiding. He does mange to turn his player (only option) even with a bad touch but because Donny know we are week and lazy. They can afford the luxury of another player behind to close him down and he ends up with a red card......Whilst players like captain Milligan hide in the background and mr dressing room himself (Cox) saves his verbals until after the red.

Needless to say he gets slaughtered by a lot of our fans. He was genuinely distraught after the game and no he didn't go down the pub with some Donny players.

So the question is. If you were in Hamiltons boots would you now hide like most of your teammates or look to take responsibility and you make a mistake suffer the decades of anger in the stands.......No easy being in the middle of the pitch at RH if your young player right now........Even Dru couldn't mange it last season and when Hutch shows some real good touches and awareness someone will point out he is no Michael Timlin......Usually by the same posters who slagged Timlin for his 'shocking' passing skills.

Your talking about the games against Posh and MK, where he was our best and certainly most creative player over the 2 games. He was then played out on the left in a very ridged and overrun midfield 3 and just could seem to get into those games.

When Hutch came on early v Wimbledon we played possibly our best 30 mins of footy so far. All the best moves went through Hamilton and Hutch with Dieng covering. A more central midfield 3 that clearly worked at last.

Then we go to Tranmere and Hamilton is playing behind Dieng and doing the covering work. Yes Dieng had scored our goal v Wombles but why change what worked? Hamilton covered a lot of ground including both touch lines.

5 minutes into the Donny game he is the only one showing for a throw in our half. He gets a bad throw, Ralph doesn't have the room to have it back and the rest of our team are hiding. He does mange to turn his player (only option) even with a bad touch but because Donny know we are week and lazy. They can afford the luxury of another player behind to close him down and he ends up with a red card......Whilst players like captain Milligan hide in the background and mr dressing room himself (Cox) saves his verbals until after the red.

Needless to say he gets slaughtered by a lot of our fans. He was genuinely distraught after the game and no he didn't go down the pub with some Donny players.

So the question is. If you were in Hamiltons boots would you now hide like most of your teammates or look to take responsibility and you make a mistake suffer the decades of anger in the stands.......No easy being in the middle of the pitch at RH if your young player right now........Even Dru couldn't mange it last season and when Hutch shows some real good touches and awareness someone will point out he is no Michael Timlin......Usually by the same posters who slagged Timlin for his 'shocking' passing skills.

Wasn’t necessarily criticising him. I’m more concerned at what our coaching and playing in a really poor team has done for him.

It scares me how much we have been paying people not to play for us the last few years.

Anton Ferdinand Sept 2018
Michael Kightly August 2019
Liam Ridgewell November 2019?

I doubt any of them were cheap either.

And there are still a few more who may be paid to go before the end of January - Theo Robinson, Jason Demetriou etc

It's no wonder we can't pay our tax bills on time.

Yeah but..... in Ron we trust

Wasn’t necessarily criticising him. I’m more concerned at what our coaching and playing in a really poor team has done for him.

No I don't think you were, unlike some you at least noticed the good games. I was just expanding on his time here and what I have seen.

I quite like Hamilton. I think that he keeps the ball well, whether that's over 5, 10, 15 yards he keeps it moving. Admittedly, he is lacking in goals and creativity in terms of a defence splitting pass, but if you put him in a better team with better players around him who can then do damage in the right areas, I think he'd seem a much better player.

Basically, he's a midfield player who flies under the radar but allows others to flourish, but it's only an opinion.

Confused by the criticism of Hamilton on this thread. Granted he has faded slightly since a very bright start but with Dieng playing in defence he is probably our best central midfield option, so why on earth would we want to send him back? And who exactly can we be expected to bring in to replace him?

****ing bandit!

Comes in, works for 52 minutes then gets the rest paid in one lump sum. His the first footballer I've known to telecommute. That's for sure.

Back