• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell - Leaves?

The state we're in, I'd seriously consider inviting either Michael Turner or Anton Ferdinand to come back to bridge the gap short term if they can get fit!

The state we're in, I'd seriously consider inviting either Michael Turner or Anton Ferdinand to come back to bridge the gap short term if they can get fit!

I was just going to say, should've just kept Turner!!! slow as a tortoise, but more competent.

It scares me how much we have been paying people not to play for us the last few years.

Anton Ferdinand Sept 2018
Michael Kightly August 2019
Liam Ridgewell November 2019?

I doubt any of them were cheap either.

And there are still a few more who may be paid to go before the end of January - Theo Robinson, Jason Demetriou etc

It's no wonder we can't pay our tax bills on time.

I'm very happy he's leaving , but I don't get the 'disgrace' bit unless it's aimed at our club.
He was offered a contract.
He signed the contract.
Can't see what the bloke has done wrong in that respect.

Yes please. Two of the worst wastes of space are those loanees. I don't care that they are from Man Utd and Leicester. I don't care that "they are only young, give them a chance". Ship em back Sol, and bring in two loan players of the calibre we had last season in Hart and Moore. As for Ridgewell, good riddance to bad rubbish.,

You cant bring in other loanees until January. If we just sent the others back early then that would do us no favours with other clubs looking to place their better players on loan. Right now we are one of the last clubs you would send your own players to as it is.

Too many players have been brought in or returned and viewed as having a 'best before' date, which has passed but still usable, when infact an expired 'use by' date is plastered all over the merchandise!

Although Ferdinand was struggling leg wise always thought he marshalled the defensive line and the younger centre backs definitely seemed to respond and improve with him alongside.Could certainly do with his experience at the moment

No doubt one of the many reasons we're in such a mess has been the policy of signing 'big names' who are well past their best and injury-prone, but still hoovering up a big part of the budget. That has got to stop. We can't continue with half a 'fit' squad all the time (I say 'fit' because obviously its now turning out even the 'fit' ones barely meet that description). We can only hope Sol has a handy contacts book ready to use in January. Maybe even one or two of his old Macc Town players, they know what it takes and will probably be available considering Macc aren't paying them again. They've done ok this season considering their troubles and lets face it we'll be re-building for L2 anyway.

Genuine question are we able to sign free agents outside the transfer window ?

Jeez... I know things are low but the calling for Turner and Ferdinand to return is, well I was going to say crazy but it seems about par for the course for a lot of our fans.

When they were here they were either berated and often remarks of "legs have gone", "no longer cares", "needs to be released" - then when they gone fans want them back.... crazy.

Same with Timlin and sure I've seen people saying we should get Atkinson back.

Just stop!!

Tamplin has just bought Romford, perhaps he should try his luck there for a pay off

Based on his debut he has to be the worst signing ever...

As for Hamilton I really do not see what others see. He isn’t a patch on Yearwood. Can’t tackle, prances around and barely moves in a forward direction. Still good enough though to comfortably get in our team.

Another one that has gone rapidly backwards as soon as they bed in at Southend
First game I see him thought, this is better, drove forward, slipping balls through, shooting from anywhere. Now he is no better than Mantom.......what goes wrong here?

Back