• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell Signs

Cracking signing, whenever I watched him recently in the MLS he looks quality, happy with that!

Wonder if he would have been captain had he signed earlier? eitherway a decent backup captain

Last edited:
Cracking signing, whenever I watched him recently in the MLS he looks quality, happy with that!

Wonder if he would have been captain had he signed earlier? eitherway a decent backup captain

Was captain at Portland and did play consistently well from what I saw. Clearly keeps himself in great shape as well so no worries there.

Have to say, Bond has made some really good signings. Very impressed
I was thinking the same thing - have we ever, in recent times at least, made a better batch of signings that these 4 (on paper obvs!)

Finally we have a decent defence!

Which is In addition to a very capable front line (on paper at least)

I’d say we’re one creative midfielder & winger away from being (say it quietly) a decent-ish looking team

I suspect Milligan, Shaughnessy, Ralph and Ridgewell are not going to be on shabby wages. Add to that the likes of Cox, Hopper, Humphrys, Mantom et al and we can see why our wages budget is often higher than one might expect for a club of our size. Well done to KB for getting the recent signings in, pedigree and quality promised, but a big well done to RM who, season in and season out, defies the nay sayers and provides seriously good support to the managers wishes.

I was thinking the same thing - have we ever, in recent times at least, made a better batch of signings that these 4 (on paper obvs!)

5 if you include Goodship.......From what i witnessed he wont just be a 23's signing.....Might even start tomorrow.

5 if you include Goodship.......From what i witnessed he wont just be a 23's signing.....Might even start tomorrow.

Agreed. He looked excellent out wide against millwall. I think he will surprise a few people this season as will the team in general.

Is this how much of the wage budget Kightly was taking up ?

Back