• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell Signs

Am I missing something.... you're all raving about a new Centre back who's the same age as Turner who many on here spent all last season abusing as 'past it.' ?

Yeah, apparently age is less of a issue these days!
Go back to the JW debate, biggest argument against him was his age, utter nonsense.
I wasn’t one for slagging Turner either.

Was captain at Portland and did play consistently well from what I saw. Clearly keeps himself in great shape as well so no worries there.

Hopefully you are right but according to transfermarkt he doesn’t seem to have played a full season since 2014/15 and seems to have had multiple hamstring and calf injuries in the last few years.

I’m having lunch today with a Portland season ticket holder so will get his opinion.

Ridgewell, like every other pro of his age will be tempted to go one step too far. Hope it's not us but his time at Hull suggests time to call it a day. His experience, like Mliligan and Shawnessy will be invaluable to the likes of Lennon and Bwonomo but we should not expect too much of him performance wise.

Hopefully you are right but according to transfermarkt he doesn’t seem to have played a full season since 2014/15 and seems to have had multiple hamstring and calf injuries in the last few years.

I’m having lunch today with a Portland season ticket holder so will get his opinion.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-ridgewell/leistungsdaten/spieler/4070

Enjoy - you can see every game he played last year including all 13 games for Portland on their way to the MLS final. Then went to Hull where he was either playing or on the bench in all but one game.

Interesting, according to that Liam has played 136 games at Centre Back and 96 games at Left Back.

Portland Timbers are my MLS team here in the States so this makes me happy, I think most Timbers fans were sad to see him go. Solid signing imho, I don't expect him to be first choice, one year with option seems sensible.

As obvious as it sounds, he’s either going to be excellent, or past it. Same as the Aussie.

Hopefully he’s still got it in him, as we’d have nabbed an excellent acquisition for this level.

But he’s effectively one serious injury away from retirement, and we’d once again be saying... why do we persist with these old timers, on decent wages.

FWIW, I’m optimistic about the signing, and hope he can play 25-30 games.

Back