• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell

He was well thought of at Portland Timbers. I hope one day someone writes a book about this season, I'd love to know what on earth went on under Bond. A lot of stuff is just rotten to the core.

After reading the twitter replies I really cannot understand why players don’t want to come to our club?!

Lucky Kevin Bond doesn’t have a Twitter account... can you imagine!

After reading the twitter replies I really cannot understand why players don’t want to come to our club?!

It’s not just our club it’s every club. I have read far worse to players not at our club. It’s just the social media and troll mentality of this generation.

Hopefully potential players will also see it and understand that taking a wage and not even training or trying will be met, correctly, with criticism.

Anyone actually think we are paying him to play golf??????? Suspect he's been let go.

It’s all a bit weird really.

If that is the case, and for the record, I suspect it is, then why haven’t the club announced anything?

What do they gain from remaining tight-lipped?

All very odd.

It’s all a bit weird really.

If that is the case, and for the record, I suspect it is, then why haven’t the club announced anything?

What do they gain from remaining tight-lipped?

All very odd.

I heard he was dismissed two months ago, and the PFA are now arbitrating, maybe that's why there is no announcement.

He was well thought of at Portland Timbers. I hope one day someone writes a book about this season, I'd love to know what on earth went on under Bond. A lot of stuff is just rotten to the core.
I personally know someone who has worked with a number of MLS clubs, including Portland Timbers when Ridgewell was there, and he was not well thought of in his latter time there, turning up to preseason well out of shape albeit after an injury but more tellingly once able to train hard to regain sharpness was often happy to coast. More interest in the lifestyle outside of football. This lack of application and physical conditioning continued both at Hull and when he arrived to us. Amazed we signed him from what I'd heard..

I personally know someone who has worked with a number of MLS clubs, including Portland Timbers when Ridgewell was there, and he was not well thought of in his latter time there, turning up to preseason well out of shape albeit after an injury but more tellingly once able to train hard to regain sharpness was often happy to coast. More interest in the lifestyle outside of football. This lack of application and physical conditioning continued both at Hull and when he arrived to us. Amazed we signed him from what I'd heard..

Surely he would of gone through Ron's thorough 'due diligence' process!

There's a big book waiting to be written about horrendous seasons of the past 30-40 years. Cambridge 83/84, Doncaster 97/98, Derby 07/08 and now Southend 19/20.
There's probably others as well.

It’s not just our club it’s every club. I have read far worse to players not at our club. It’s just the social media and troll mentality of this generation.

It's not a generation thing. Some of the worst stuff I have seen on there is from middle aged men.

It's not a generation thing. Some of the worst stuff I have seen on there is from middle aged men.
I know it's ridiculous! I wonder how these people can be so bitter and angry and then I look at their picture and it becomes clear

Back