• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell

LMR 210784.......To obvious for me. But someone connected.

Afternoon all.
I've been reading through various posts on this forum over the last few days and there appears to be some people that obviously have some insight into what goes on at the club, behind closed doors.

A wee birdie gave me as little insight and I just thought I'd pass this on to add some more context, although due to the current situation, can't go into all detail.

Sol does not like dealing with the more senior players in the squad and this is well known to the "in the know" persons. I cannot say as to the atmosphere in the squad being toxic prior to this season, but there has certainly been some unwelcome input from the senior or "older" players if you like in regards to the problems at the club that was not appreciated by the manager.

Sol fancies the younger players and likes the fact that they will just do what they are told and get on with things, take from that what you will.

In regards to the insight somewhere on this forum that Ridgewell just couldn't be bothered to get on the team coach, this is not exactly how it happened.

He allegedly was snubbed by the manager as soon as he arrived and didn't feel welcome. The team have a WhatsApp group between them where they discuss training times and coach pickup times etc. Ridgewell was apparently mysteriously removed from this team WhatsApp group and never got to know the pickup times and missed the coach.

Whether you believe this or not will be dependent on your views of Sol. He is the manager, he has his own agenda. He is throwing out cliché and spin when being asked questions in regards to the squad and what is happening, but that is part and parcel of being in football these days, all the PR training.

Southend will be moving forward with a young squad, there are some great lads already at the club that will do a good job given time, be patient.

The chairman is backing the manager, this evolvement is planned and welcomed by Sol.

Up the Blues!

I think we should have a whip round for Liam. He has obviously been treated very shabbily.

if i was ridgewell i would take my computer/tablet/phone down throw it in the dump ...

because online is ****e and everywhere you go online some horrible SUFC fan is going to drop by and destroy your repuation as a pro footballer ...

its a shame that whatever you acheived will be besmirched by SUFC fans turning up on the relevant website/forum public space and rubbishing you

just saying - you reap what you sow..

you mght have mugged us for a few quid but your rep in the game is finished ..

enjoy your retirement .. you will find it hard to work in the game ever again

I was lucky enough to witness his one and only appearance for us. It’s definitely one I will remember but not for the right reasons.

By far one of the worst players to have ever pulled on an SUFC shirt. He has absolutely robbed this club blind. I pity any club who signs him.

No player has ever got Thousands of Pounds out of SUFC for playing less than one full first team game in our history. Well played Liam, that's quite something. Don't get too drunk on our money, and certainly don't drink and drive again.

if i was ridgewell i would take my computer/tablet/phone down throw it in the dump ...

because online is ****e and everywhere you go online some horrible SUFC fan is going to drop by and destroy your repuation as a pro footballer ...

its a shame that whatever you acheived will be besmirched by SUFC fans turning up on the relevant website/forum public space and rubbishing you

just saying - you reap what you sow..

you mght have mugged us for a few quid but your rep in the game is finished ..

enjoy your retirement .. you will find it hard to work in the game ever again

He did that himself, he doesn't need an SUFC fan to do it

Good riddance. :Happy:

I doubt it was Liam posting, as @rigsby and others have said, surely too obvious. Someone close to him, yeah probably true.

In case you are reading Liam: You might not have actually wiped your arse on SUFC's weekly wages, but metaphorically you did. :Moon::Moon:

You've gone ahead of Ricketts as my all time worst signing. Congratulations.:Worthy:

LMR 210784.......To obvious for me. But someone connected.
If true an insight into what has been happening. We have to remember Sol is still an unknown quantity. The next three months is certainly not going to be a happy time to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
Back