• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Martin has been seen having late night dinner chats with him!!!

Are they just good friends or is Ron lining up a replacement for the summer!!

Whereabouts may I ask?. Considering Ron lives in Benfleet, and Gary Johnson is based around the Cheltenham area (I'd presume), someones got a long drive home afterwards?.

Whereabouts may I ask?. Considering Ron lives in Benfleet, and Gary Johnson is based around the Cheltenham area (I'd presume), someones got a long drive home afterwards?.

Either that or they used a relatively new thing called a "hotel" - it consists of a number of rooms with a bed and after paying the amount required the person who wishes to stay in the room does just that. Yes, I know, a completely whacky idea that will never catch on ................

Sean o driscoll for me. Gets his sides playing fantastic football.

Mentions to Dan cowley and also to Uve rossler

What's his record developing players like?

Has he introduced any young players who have gone onto better things or does he just get the most out of experienced players?

Tends to get the very best out of players, though picked up some very good young players at Concord through signings and loans including from premiership clubs.

If i give my crystal ball a good polish i think that our best manager in the next 10 years will be Andy Edwards --- he's been pulling up trees with Orient U-18s , assisted by Danny Webb ... and are very highly regarded in the game... and in my eyes Eagle was a proper Southend legend too.

Aye, our under-18s have been battering everyone for four or five seasons now under Edwards. Whole heap have made it into the senior squad in the past couple of years, though f***ing Arsenal have stolen the best ones for pennies under the joke EPPP system. Nolan has recognised Edwards' work, and he's been promoted to work with first team. Danny Webb now running the youths on his own.

I heard Ron hosted a romantic moonlight picnic at the Fossetts farm site for him.

Either that or they used a relatively new thing called a "hotel" - it consists of a number of rooms with a bed and after paying the amount required the person who wishes to stay in the room does just that. Yes, I know, a completely whacky idea that will never catch on ................

Especially if the windows of said hotel room overlook a football stadium.

O'Driscoll is a quality manager but to be honest he's not going to leave a position at a very well-run club to come here.

Back