• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Life in this side yet!

feedtheshrimpers

I dont know what anyone else thinks but are the blues not coming alive, goals from JCR, Bradbury (if he starts finishing on a regular basis) he could actually be quite a handfull! I predict Freddie will start firing on all cylinders in Feb if he stays! It would be great to get some players in but even with the side we got I truely think we have half a chance!

Isnt it about time we got those "we are staying up chants" going?
rock.gif
?

Feed the shrimpers, and they will score!!!!!!!

It's all well and easy saying there is no life in the side atm, but what have we just seen in the last 4/5 matches? Say for example, all I've heard about the match is that it was an absoleutly cracking performance from everyone. They worked well, played well, defended well and created a good couple of chances. If we can't call playing Cardiff away and winning a good team effort full of life, I don't know what is.
rock.gif

I see what you are saying, and I have heard we are having more chances at goal
biggrin.gif
which is always a good thing.

I think in recent weeks we have started to play much better football, now we've had a chance to adapt to football in this league.

Anyway, UTB!!

iF ONLY IF ONLY!

we started shooting from 30yards at the start of the season!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jay_Shrimper @ Jan. 15 2007,20:03)]It's all well and easy saying there is no life in the side atm,
He said "arent Southend coming alive?" but missed off the question mark....

From the Irish Sunday Independent...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GREAT SCOUT
14 January 2007
The Sunday Independent (Ireland)

ONE TO WATCH
ALAN McCORMACK, who celebrated his 23rd birthday last Wednesday, had extensive experience at a number of English and Scottish clubs before landing his present deal with Southend United.

The Dubliner came through the Stella Maris ranks before signing for Preston North End in 2002. He made his League debut while on loan at Leyton Orient in 2003, finally making his Preston debut the following year. In 2005 he had a loan spell at Southend United and then spent the whole of the 2005/06 season on loan with Motherwell.

He returned on loan to Southend in November, with a view to a permanent move, which has been agreed.
Manager Steve Tilson paid him a nice compliment when he said: "It's no coincidence that our results have improved since he arrived because his energy has made the whole side lift their tempo."

Central midfielder McCormack doesn't look out of place in the Coca-Cola Championship, but if Southend are relegated he runs the risk of dropping out of the limelight.

One of our cylinders i would say!

Same here, thought he was ok last time, but nothing to rave about. Really impressed now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (feedtheshrimpers @ Jan. 15 2007,19:57)]I predict Freddie will start firing on all cylinders in Feb if he stays!
That's how I feel as well. If he doesn't go (which seems likely at present) it will be like signing a new striker ourselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (feedtheshrimpers @ Jan. 15 2007,19:57)]Isnt it about time we got those "we are staying up chants" going?
rock.gif
?
We do it quite a lot at away games, well recently at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Jan. 16 2007,15:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (feedtheshrimpers @ Jan. 15 2007,19:57)]Isnt it about time we got those "we are staying up chants" going?
rock.gif
?
We do it quite a lot at away games, well recently at least.
Yes it was definately going strong as the final whistle went at ninian park when all the players came over and clapped us
smile.gif

Back