• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

light hearted potential good news-don't get excited!

united we stand

Life President⭐
With Southampton losing last night the chances of them hitting the play offs is now (IMO) very remote ---16 points off sixth place, 11 games to go.

So hopefully from their perspective our match will be meaningless , and Barnnard will spend all match deliberately missing sitters which results in a win for us and safety.

I have a dream where we need a draw to stay up, 90 mins 0-0 Barny goes past Mildy and just has to side foot in from six yards---- but instead he blasts it over the bar at the away end and gives the Southend faithfull the thumbs up----Carlsberg !

With Southampton losing last night the chances of them hitting the play offs is now (IMO) very remote ---16 points off sixth place, 11 games to go.

So hopefully from their perspective our match will be meaningless , and Barnnard will spend all match deliberately missing sitters which results in a win for us and safety.

I have a dream where we need a draw to stay up, 90 mins 0-0 Barny goes past Mildy and just has to side foot in from six yards---- but instead he blasts it over the bar at the away end and gives the Southend faithfull the thumbs up----Carlsberg !

Mate what are you on? whatever it is i will have 2 pints of it, nah, make it 3. I am certainly going to that game, just to see if your dream comes true.

Chances of going into the last day with anything to play for look slim unless something happens soon. Sorry to **** on your chips...

It was reasonable the last time we went there already relegated, I seem to remember.

True, but most people had bought their tickets before we were relegated (might have even been before the Barnsley game when we actually looked like we may stay up) as we'd sold out our allocation a week in advance. I doubt they'll be selling as quickly this time round.

That said, the last away game of the season's always worth going to, even if it's just us making the most of a bad situation (like Southampton last time or Doncaster).

If we are down by then, we can always pray that S'ampton go on a winning streak between now and then and by some miracle pip Col U to a play-off spot. I'd happily see us lose on the final day if it meant that happened.

Back