• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Likely to be playing in front of our biggest crowd in over 50 years

Csboy

Manager
Chelsea usually get over 40,000 even for lesser teams as they reduce their prices for Cup games so the crowd will be over 40,000.

We haven't played in front of a crowd that big for over 50 years. My guess would be the last time was the Everton game well over 50 years ago. If anyone knows anymore please let us know.

Surely when we played Liverpool in the replay they would have had around that. We had 30,000 at the Halll IIRC when played em

Liverpool game in 76? I weren't around but i've read that it was at least 38,000 odd.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for putting that one straight, didn't realize we played Everton again(other than 1992) wonder if thre is any Southend fans still around who went to that game?

I would imagine there are still a few around who would have attended that match.

Should be a great expererience for the team, as well supporters and good preparation for bigger games ahead.

Stamford Bridge & Wembley Play Off Final ?

Scunny put the wind up Chelsea a few years ago, so believe we're not just going for a day out.

I know that this game is going to go down as one of the highlights of Blues history so far. However due to the mouth watering prospect in front of us, for the moment, the financial aspect of this game has rather been left aside. If there are indeed 40,000 or so in attendance, we will get 45% of the gate receipts.......isn't that going to be in excess of £500,000? Isn't that nearly as mouth watering as the tie itself?!!!!

I know that this game is going to go down as one of the highlights of Blues history so far. However due to the mouth watering prospect in front of us, for the moment, the financial aspect of this game has rather been left aside. If there are indeed 40,000 or so in attendance, we will get 45% of the gate receipts.......isn't that going to be in excess of £500,000? Isn't that nearly as mouth watering as the tie itself?!!!!

Yes, and I can imagine RM rubbing his hands in glee at the prospect!

Chelsea usually get over 40,000 even for lesser teams as they reduce their prices for Cup games so the crowd will be over 40,000.

We haven't played in front of a crowd that big for over 50 years. My guess would be the last time was the Everton game well over 50 years ago. If anyone knows anymore please let us know.

How about the Mill Stad in the play off final or either LDV final??

It's not 45% of the receipts. It's 45% of the profit. Chelsea are allowed to deduct for expenses such as the Police, Stewards, Utilites and the like. I reckon, however, that these costs will be covered by the sale of merchandise and catering etc..

Can't take merchandise & catering into the equation. Ticket sales only minus costs for hosting the game.

41,000 tickets at £20 (average price taking into account kids tickets/oaps) = £820,000 minus Chelsea expenses (likely to be quite high but has to be an amount agreed in advance) minus 10% to the FA, minus VAT, minus 45% to Chelsea. Southend should still end up with just over £300,000.

41,000 tickets at £20 (average price taking into account kids tickets/oaps) = £820,000 minus Chelsea expenses (likely to be quite high but has to be an amount agreed in advance) minus 10% to the FA, minus VAT, minus 45% to Chelsea. Southend should still end up with just over £300,000.

wouldnt say no to 300k, hopefully we can spend it a bit more wisely than we have in the past.

Back