• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only 95% sure? You disappoint me!

I prefer the "like" function, I do occasionally use rep but nowhere near as much as I use "like" - as can be seen in the stats!

Im 95% sure that's not the first time he has disappointed a woman.

A couple of gripes here. Since 'likes' have come in, which are quick and easy, do fatso points get used any more? I'm sure the mods must have some figures on this. I actually preferred it when it was just fatso points - it meant if you liked or disliked something you had to comment on why - praise or criticism wasn't given out as cheaply!

Another thing - I tried to like a post the other day and was told by the system that I couldn't do it - I needed to 'like' a few other people instead. I didn't know who I was liking, and I didn't know I'd liked them before - I just liked what was being said. It seems that I can't actually like what I want - big brother is controlling what I like and what I don't.

Understand fully that much work is done behind the scenes on the zone to uphold standards and I'm fully behind that. It's that grey area again of maintaining standards vs regulating what people think / say.

Good point, have some red (if I can find the button)

Good point, have some red (if I can find the button)

I've picked up a fair bit of that today! Thanks to all.

I still stand by the point that I should be able to like who I want without being told I need to like others too. It's what people are saying, not who is saying it.

Since the introduction of the like function I have always though that we should have a 'dislike' button. Surely the general rationale for a dislike button is the same as for a 'like' button

It was discussed between the mods and owners and it was deemed negative and not the sort of posting environment we want to promote.. If you dont like someones comment you can reply and call them a ****. :smile:

I've picked up a fair bit of that today! Thanks to all.

I still stand by the point that I should be able to like who I want without being told I need to like others too. It's what people are saying, not who is saying it.

I don't quite understand why you were told to spread it around on the 'likes' front. I know that that happens on the Fasto stuff but not 'likes'. I just 'liked' your first post and your most recent just to see if I could, and because you got a shed full of red as well obviously!

It was discussed between the mods and owners and it was deemed negative and not the sort of posting environment we want to promote.. If you dont like someones comment you can reply and call them a ****. :smile:

No, you can't! That would probably earn you an infraction or something!

rlb999;1779578[B said:
]I've picked up a fair bit of that today! Thanks to all. [/B]

Please tell me you're joking with that comment.

Thing about 'likes' is that if you have any fewer than, say, 445, then your life really isn't worth living and you're barely a valid human being.

I know you put the smilee, but I have to laugh at the truth of that statement . The owners/mods don't want a dislike function as it will make the site negative, so instead of simply ticking a 'dislike' box posters instead abuse each other and then posts get moderated. I can see clearly why that makes the site a better place and less negative.:dim: The owners didn't realise how ****ed off many were becoming at certain posters- maybe a 'dislike' function would make that abundantly clear a lot earlier :winking:

I amuse myself looking at the likes given v likes received for each poster to gauge the character of the ones I don't know personally..a dislike option would create negativity and there is enough of that already.

A couple of points raised;

The reason you "have to spread it around a little" before giving fasto points twice to another member is to stop people continuously giving rep to the same person whether it be Red or Green.

As far as having a dislike button..As it works for facebook it seemed like a good idea to us and stops untold grief.

You know what I don't get though? People who agree with you, and actually go as far as posting to say they agree, yet they don't "like" or pos rep. Just seems a bit odd to me, though I guess we do have members who just don't participate in either function.

You know what I don't get though? People who agree with you, and actually go as far as posting to say they agree, yet they don't "like" or pos rep. Just seems a bit odd to me, though I guess we do have members who just don't participate in either function.

That will happen for you one day, don't worry :winking:

Back