• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Lincoln City 4-0 Southend United

The first goal worries me the most.
If you were a Posh scout all you need to report is just jump higher than a flat-footed defence.

The first goal worries me the most.
If you were a Posh scout all you need to report is just jump higher than a flat-footed defence.

Jason Shackell is 6ft 3" - I don't think he even had to jump really as he had a 3" start on everyone we've got. Elvis marking him ? Perhaps Elvis needs a few games at centre half in the U23s as apart of his development.

Jason Shackell is 6ft 3" - I don't think he even had to jump really as he had a 3" start on everyone we've got. Elvis marking him ? Perhaps Elvis needs a few games at centre half in the U23s as apart of his development.
Three inches is about the width of this message.
Shackell jumped sans the slightest nudge or challenge, and anything else that might have put him off.

I didnt see the game. I didnt travel. I havent seen ifollow I’m just commenting on the goals from what I’ve seen on the clips......

Goal 1

Can’t see by who or how the free kick was given away but they had been warned..... Cardinal sin in football....leave your full back (Elvis) who are notoriously bad in the air, isolated at the back post against their main aerial threat.... We had White and Shaughnessy marking one player while Elvis picked up their No 5!!! They only had 5 players in and around the box against our 7!!!! White and Shaughnessy both got themselves facing the wrong way, marking no one and underneath the flight of the ball. Rule no 1 at any level....see the ball see the man if you can’t see both your in the wrong position!!! That’s terrible for them to leave Elvis that exposed.

Goal 2

Can’t see by who or how the free kick was given away but they had been warned....

The man in front of the ball should be blocking the pass along the ground...theirs no way he can affect the high one into the box so he has to stoop the pass. Hutchinson is then dragged out to press the ball and surprise surprise...a cardinal sin, no one went out with his as back up to double up!! He then got beat too easily and once the fella was in or around the box he couldn’t lunge at him at all. He forced the big touch and all Elvis had to do was clear or or win a tackle....instead he tried to ‘dink’ a pass that was intercepted and ricochet straight back to him.....inexperienced and untidy from both players but also Cox should have followed the free kick to be the one with Hutchinson to double up and assist.

Goal 3

Shaughnessy was absolutely dire!!! He didn’t need to win the first ball all he had to do was hold the fella up and allow players to get back and round. He lunged at a header he couldn’t win....and lost it.....leaving himself out of position and his team mates exposed up the pitch. His attempt to get back was decent pace but to then lunge at a tackle when he’d have been better off just trying to put him off, force another touch wide and then let Bish do his job was naive and poor and deserved a red. He wasn’t attempting to play the ball he was deliberately trying to foul.

Goal 4

Again what a calamity! Hamilton and Ralph were too soft and beaten too easily. White then got too tight and was bounced around and trying to get back he looked like he was carrying his shopping! Again in my opinion Shaughnessy got it all wrong. His body shape is wrong and he didn’t close off one of the two options forcing the attackers to only have one!!

That was appalling.

Nevermind these players not wanting to play for the manager, they need to have a word with themselves about their own problems.

- Ball watching, for the first goal. At the point where the ball is swung into our box, Lincoln have four players inside the 18-yard area against our four defenders. If Lincoln can produce something spectacular from that position, then fair play to them. Otherwise, a four-on-four defensive scenario should be bread and butter to these players.

Sadly, It wasn’t a spectacular goal by any stretch, it was just a routine looping header. It should have dealt with quite comfortably. There’s clearly no leadership in that back four, hence the confusion for who was picking up who. Shocking to say the least.

Second goal, not a single person picked up the short, quick free kick. Hutchinson certainly hasn’t covered himself in glory either. I’m positive that schoolboys wouldn’t have been turned that easily. Once again a lack of communication from the central defenders, to leave a dear-in-the-headlights elvis, trying to stand the attacker up, whilst being outflanked.

Good finish from the Lincoln lad, but should never have been allowed to get into the position in the first place.

Third goal, and one that Shaughnessy will want to forget pretty quickly. Firstly, I have to wonder why he/they are playing such a high line, against what looks to be a relatively quick forward. Secondly, I have to wonder why Shaughnessy is caught out of position so badly. When the initial ball is played through the air, he’s either got to drop off, or make sure he gets there first and wins that header, at all costs. As for the tackle, well. He’s late and it’s clumsy, but the most concerning part is that he’s gone in with his wrong leg. His decision making in this passage of play, is questionable to say the least.

I’m concerned about this lad. Hopefully it’s just him bedding in, and once he settles down, it’ll turn out that we’ve got a real acquisition on our hands. But I’m not convinced yet.

As for the fourth, they’ve given up, and Lincoln are playing like they’re on the training ground.

Awful. And again, I have sympathy with the players, if they’re being forced to play a system that they’re not comfortable with, but let’s at least get some bog-standard basics right, before they start pretending it’s all the managers fault.

I didnt see the game. I didnt travel. I havent seen ifollow I’m just commenting on the goals from what I’ve seen on the clips......

Goal 1

Can’t see by who or how the free kick was given away but they had been warned..... Cardinal sin in football....leave your full back (Elvis) who are notoriously bad in the air, isolated at the back post against their main aerial threat.... We had White and Shaughnessy marking one player while Elvis picked up their No 5!!! They only had 5 players in and around the box against our 7!!!! White and Shaughnessy both got themselves facing the wrong way, marking no one and underneath the flight of the ball. Rule no 1 at any level....see the ball see the man if you can’t see both your in the wrong position!!! That’s terrible for them to leave Elvis that exposed.

Goal 2

Can’t see by who or how the free kick was given away but they had been warned....

The man in front of the ball should be blocking the pass along the ground...theirs no way he can affect the high one into the box so he has to stoop the pass. Hutchinson is then dragged out to press the ball and surprise surprise...a cardinal sin, no one went out with his as back up to double up!! He then got beat too easily and once the fella was in or around the box he couldn’t lunge at him at all. He forced the big touch and all Elvis had to do was clear or or win a tackle....instead he tried to ‘dink’ a pass that was intercepted and ricochet straight back to him.....inexperienced and untidy from both players but also Cox should have followed the free kick to be the one with Hutchinson to double up and assist.

Goal 3

Shaughnessy was absolutely dire!!! He didn’t need to win the first ball all he had to do was hold the fella up and allow players to get back and round. He lunged at a header he couldn’t win....and lost it.....leaving himself out of position and his team mates exposed up the pitch. His attempt to get back was decent pace but to then lunge at a tackle when he’d have been better off just trying to put him off, force another touch wide and then let Bish do his job was naive and poor and deserved a red. He wasn’t attempting to play the ball he was deliberately trying to foul.

Goal 4

Again what a calamity! Hamilton and Ralph were too soft and beaten too easily. White then got too tight and was bounced around and trying to get back he looked like he was carrying his shopping! Again in my opinion Shaughnessy got it all wrong. His body shape is wrong and he didn’t close off one of the two options forcing the attackers to only have one!!

Hadn’t read your post, until after I posted mine. If I had of done, I wouldn’t have bothered posting, I’d have just quoted this one, and said “what he said”.

Can't cope against any half-decent organised opposition. Had expected better from Lincoln but doubt they'll gain an easier 3 points all season.

Back