• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LINCOLN CITY away Saturday 17th August 2019

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
LINCOLN CITY - SATURDAY 17th August 2019
SINCIL BANK STADIUM
Capacity: 10,120 (all seated)
Address: Sincil Bank Stadium, Lincoln, LN5 8LD
Telephone: 01522 880 011

PLEASE NOTE: In the first couple of weeks after the fixtures come out, times and even dates of matches can change please be aware if you are booking trains etc

Details for Southend United visit to Lincoln can be found on the following:

Post 2; - Lincoln By Road/Parking

Post 3, - Lincoln Where to Drink

Post 4 - Lincoln By Train

Post 5 - Lincoln By Coach

Post 6 –- Lincoln Ticket information

Post 7 - What’s the Ground like/Reviews

Some details in the following posts are from the excellent footballgroundguide site;

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/sincil-bank-lincoln-city.html

ALL THESE DETAILS OFFERED IN GOOD FAITH PLEASE CHECK CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING
IF YOU CAN FIND CHEAPER FARES PLEASE LET US KNOW.

This is your Forum please feel free to post anything relevant to this trip

Last edited:
Lincoln By Road/Parking

Lincoln is not the easiest place to get to, as it is not conveniently situated next to a motorway. I had great difficulty in finding the ground and two people that I asked for directions were unaware that Lincoln had a football team! However, I have been recently informed that the ground is now well signposted around Lincoln. Otherwise, follow the A46 into Lincoln (which leads onto the High St) and the ground is indicated from there. If you follow the signs for 'away coaches' then this leads you onto the A158 South Park Avenue, where there is plenty of street parking to be found (although it is a ten-minute walk around to the ground). Otherwise, the signs lead you to the ground,

There is no parking for away fans at the ground. Instead there nearby the South Common car park (LN5 8EN) which costs £4.

Lincoln Where to Drink

There is a small fan zone located outside the stadium which is for both home and away supporters. It has a number of food outlets, some with local produce and beer is available too. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City fan adds; 'away supporters are admitted to the Supporters Club at the Club (called the Trust Suite) behind the South Park Stand'.

Otherwise, there are plenty of good pubs to be found if you head along the High Street towards the town centre. Close to Sincil Bank on the High Street is the Hop and Barley micropub. John Bennett a visiting Bristol Rovers supporter recommends the Golden Eagle, whilst Jon Morley adds; 'The Wetherspoon's pub called 'The Ritz' serves reasonably priced food and ales'. If arriving by train then not far from the station is the Marina area, which has a number of eating and drinking places, including a Wetherspoons pub called the Square Sail. When trying to find the Marina area, just look out for the large Odeon Cinema building, which is also on the same complex. Also near to Lincoln Railway Station is the Treaty of Commerce. Beer is not on sale inside the ground in the away section.

Also near to Sincil Bank on Scorer Street is the handy 'Back of the Net' Fish and Chip Shop

Lincoln by Train

Lincoln Central Railway Station is around a 15 minute away from Sincil Bank. Turn 'left out of the train station and walk up to the traffic lights next to St. Mary's church. Turn left at these traffic lights onto the High Street, walking over the railway level crossing. Walk along the High Street (passing many good pubs) for approx 10 minutes before turning left into Scorer Street. Walk along Scorer Street until you come to a bridge across the Sincil Drain river. Turn right immediately after crossing the bridge onto Sincil Bank, the ground is straight ahead. Thanks to John Smalley for providing the directions.

Alternatively there is a shorter route (but you miss those fine pubs!): 'Come out of the station and turn right to go down the road. About 30 yards ahead on your right you will see some steps and a bridge over the railway. Go over the bridge and once on the other side follow the road down to the ground'. Thanks to Ben Schofield for providing these directions

TRAINS

FROM LONDON

Outward

09.06 London Kings Cross change at Newark North Gate to Lincoln arrive 11.17
£17.50 now £27.00 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/prices available)

10.30 London Kings Cross change at Newark North Gate to Lincoln arrive 12.36
£31.50 now £38.50 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/prices available)

Return

17.26 Lincoln change at Newark Castle & Newark North Gate toLondon Kings Cross arrive 20.23 £13.50 now £22.00 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/fares available)

Tickets can be bought on line at the following link:

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/London/LCN/170819/1000/dep/170819/1700/dep

FROM SOUTHEND

Fares are being shown as £56.80 now £69.90 with Advance Tickets

Trains are running on Liverpool Street Line (hopefully), Southend Central to Liverpool Street? check before booking

If your Travelling from Southend it’s worth considering the Travelzone coach which would be considerably cheaper and easier

As always all information is given in good faith, but please check out carefully for yourself before booking

Last edited:
Last edited:
LINCOLN TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets for Blues' game against Lincoln City on Saturday 17th August are on sale.
Prices for the League One fixture can be found below:

CategoryPrice

Adults£24
Senior (60+)£19
18-21£19
U18's£10

Also available but only via phone lines or in-person inside the Blues Box Office are the following:
Disabled£19 + FOC Carer

Family Tickets 1 Adult & 1 Junior£28.50
1 Concession/18-21 & 1 Junior£22

These tickets will go off sale on Friday 16th August at 12pm.

Collection points and sales on the day will be confirmed closer to the fixture date.

Last edited:
WHAT’S IT LIKE FOR AWAY FANS

Away fans are normally located on one side of the Stacey West Stand (towards the Selenity Stand) at one end of the ground, where just over 1,000 fans can be accommodated. Where the away following is expected to be less than a couple of hundred, then away fans are housed in the small family stand and a block of the Bridge McFarland Stand, in the South East corner of the stadium.

The Stacey West Stand is a covered, all seated stand, generally has good views of the playing action, although it does have a couple of supporting pillars at the front of the stand that could affect your view, especially if your team has a very large following and you are unable to move seats. This stand is shared with home supporters with the obligatory 'no-mans land' in-between. This makes for a good atmosphere, further aided by the good acoustics of the stand is very good, meaning that even relatively few travelling fans can really make some noise. It is sometimes shared with home fans that further helps boost the atmosphere. The facilities are also okay and food on offer inside includes a range of Pukka Pies; All Steak, Chicken & Mushroom, Beef & Onion, Cheese & Potato (all £3.10), Sausage Rolls (£2.50), Cheeseburgers (£5 1/2 lb, £4 1/4 lb), Burgers (£4.80 1/2lb, £3.80 1/4lb), and Hot Dogs (£3.70).

I had an enjoyable day at Lincoln. There is generally a good atmosphere inside the ground, with plenty of noise being created by the local home supporters. Although the drummer in the home section and noise of an air raid siren being sounded, each time Lincoln get a corner, can get a bit annoying after a while.

Jason Adderley a visiting West Brom supporter adds; 'Lincoln's small band of fans are passionate about their team and are one of the friendliest bunches I've met on my travels. The atmosphere was great and the drums were rousing, leading the chants of the Lincoln supporters

Lincoln by Train

Lincoln Central Railway Station is around a 15 minute away from Sincil Bank. Turn 'left out of the train station and walk up to the traffic lights next to St. Mary's church. Turn left at these traffic lights onto the High Street, walking over the railway level crossing. Walk along the High Street (passing many good pubs) for approx 10 minutes before turning left into Scorer Street. Walk along Scorer Street until you come to a bridge across the Sincil Drain river. Turn right immediately after crossing the bridge onto Sincil Bank, the ground is straight ahead. Thanks to John Smalley for providing the directions.

Alternatively there is a shorter route (but you miss those fine pubs!): 'Come out of the station and turn right to go down the road. About 30 yards ahead on your right you will see some steps and a bridge over the railway. Go over the bridge and once on the other side follow the road down to the ground'. Thanks to Ben Schofield for providing these directions

TRAINS

FROM LONDON

Outward

09.06 London Kings Cross change at Newark North Gate to Lincoln arrive 11.17
£17.50 now £27.00 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/prices available)

10.30 London Kings Cross change at Newark North Gate to Lincoln arrive 12.36
£31.50 now £38.50 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/prices available)

Return

17.26 Lincoln change at Newark Castle & Newark North Gate toLondon Kings Cross arrive 20.23 £13.50 now £22.00 Advance Single must be bought in advance (other trains/fares available)

Tickets can be bought on line at the following link:

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/London/LCN/170819/1000/dep/170819/1700/dep

FROM SOUTHEND

Fares are being shown as £56.80 now £69.90 with Advance Tickets

Trains are running on Liverpool Street Line (hopefully), Southend Central to Liverpool Street? check before booking

If your Travelling from Southend it’s worth considering the Travelzone coach which would be considerably cheaper and easier

As always all information is given in good faith, but please check out carefully for yourself before booking

The RMT have called another strike for 17th August - so there may be no trains between Newark Northgate and Lincoln.

Does that impact trains from London?

East Midland Trains will publish a temporary timetable a couple of days beforehand. There have been strikes the last couple of Saturdays when I think the trains from Newark Northgate to Lincoln have not run and they have advised to walk to Newark Castle and get the train from Nottingham which runs hourly. They might not connect with trains from Kings Cross.

So it’s likely to impact but who knows till they publish a temporary timetable. I’ve decided not to risk it - don’t want to get stuck in Lincoln!

East Midland Trains will publish a temporary timetable a couple of days beforehand. There have been strikes the last couple of Saturdays when I think the trains from Newark Northgate to Lincoln have not run and they have advised to walk to Newark Castle and get the train from Nottingham which runs hourly. They might not connect with trains from Kings Cross.

So it’s likely to impact but who knows till they publish a temporary timetable. I’ve decided not to risk it - don’t want to get stuck in Lincoln!
Hmmm, I'm going to a wedding reception in East London that night and the trains I'm booked on are already due to get me there an hour late.
Thanks for the heads up.

That is the route my train is taking (and all London bound trains maybe?) so I think I might cancel and get a refund. Had to do the same for Barnsley last season.
This article explains that the franchise is due to end so cutbacks are being made.

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news/rmt-announces-further-strike-action-9078176/

A group of us are getting cabs from Newark. Same on the way back. Seems the easiest option.

That is the route my train is taking (and all London bound trains maybe?) so I think I might cancel and get a refund. Had to do the same for Barnsley last season.
This article explains that the franchise is due to end so cutbacks are being made.

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news/rmt-announces-further-strike-action-9078176/

If the timetable is the same and runs then the trip back leaving at about 5.30 is the same. It’s the trip up that gets messed up by the strike.

Coming back you would need to walk from Newark Castle to Newark Northgate. Newark Castle line goes to Nottingham. Newark Northgate to Kings Cross.

Coming back you would need to walk from Newark Castle to Newark Northgate. Newark Castle line goes to Nottingham. Newark Northgate to Kings Cross.
So are you saying that trains will still run to/from Lincoln to Newark Castle, but not Newark North Gate? It's the same train company so I assumed it would be the same issue. If Lincoln / Newark Castle line is open the same route can be taken there and back I assume and only an issue if your first train is too late to give you extra leeway for the change of route (I'm on a 9am from Kings X so have time to get there, my issue is I need to be back in London by 8.30pm).

So are you saying that trains will still run to/from Lincoln to Newark Castle, but not Newark North Gate? It's the same train company so I assumed it would be the same issue. If Lincoln / Newark Castle line is open the same route can be taken there and back I assume and only an issue if your first train is too late to give you extra leeway for the change of route (I'm on a 9am from Kings X so have time to get there, my issue is I need to be back in London by 8.30pm).

Check here in a few days to see what's running between Newark and Lincoln and when -Lincoln to Grimsby and Cleethorpes

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/information/media/Disruption-Information/East-Midlands-Trains-to-continue-running-train-services-for-customers-during-RMT-industrial-action/#Doncaster-/--Lincoln

The train guard is suggesting the way around the train strike is to change at Retford and get a train directly to Lincoln from there which avoids the walk between the two Newark stations. Tickets valid but Retford trains only one an hour.

Back