• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Lincoln City FC vs Southend Utd 16th Aug 2019 15:00hrs

What's would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Oxley had a good game last week. Even when he was being fouled under pressure he still got the ball clear. Shame it hit the unlucky Lennon and went in for an oggy.

Without him the scoreline would have been embarrassing by H/T. Lincoln might not be the place to risk young Bish......Not until we get a league win under our belt anyway.

In my world, the scoreline WAS embarrassing by H/T...

I thought Oxley had a good game last week. Even when he was being fouled under pressure he still got the ball clear. Shame it hit the unlucky Lennon and went in for an oggy.

Without him the scoreline would have been embarrassing by H/T. Lincoln might not be the place to risk young Bish......Not until we get a league win under our belt anyway.

Sorry rigs, totally disagree. Yes he made some saves, as you'd expect but commanding his area was atrocious. He should have been so much more dominant for the first goal. He was flapping at so much. Be interesting to see what Bond does.

Anyone going on the train from Kings Cross needs to be aware that there are no trains from Newark Northgate to Lincoln on Saturday because of strike action. You need to get yourself to Newark Castle and the hourly service from Nottingham to Lincoln- there are some buses linking the two stations but I don't know how they connect to trains from KC.

Link to timetable

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/Global/web_banners/carousel_banners/NOT-LCN-CLE_170819.pdf

Good shout. It's walkable between the two stations (less than a mile). https://www.google.com/maps/dir/New...f74e28271e3!2m2!1d-0.8130575!2d53.0801942!3e1

Alternatively, train from St Pancras instead of Kings Cross and change at Nottingham, direct to Lincoln (via Newark Castle).

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Bond has revealed Jason Demetriou will need to manage his knee following his return to training.

More...

SOUTHEND United skipper Mark Milligan will face a fitness check before Blues' clash at Lincoln City on Saturday.

More...

I've gone:

..............................................Oxley..........................

Bwomono............White................Shaughnessy...................Ralph

..........................................Milligan...........................................

Mantom...................Hyam..........................McLaughlin

...................................................................... Cox

..................Humphreys.

I wouldn't want to shatter anyone's confidence at this early stage of the season and Bishop for me needs a bit more experience before dealing with the air raid siren!!

I am assuming Lennon will be missing through injury, but if fit, swap him for White.

Milligan would be needed to sweep up the loose balls from the expected set piece aerial bombardment, and with the wingbacks providing the width, I'd play a midfield 3 and Hyam combative skills could be needed on Saturday.

Cox has been playing well for me and played a couple of lovely revers balls into the box on Tuesday, so he continues and I know kelman made a great case, but I just think to small strikers amongst the Land of the Giants at Lincoln is asking a but too much, so Humph would come back in.

As always, not everyone will agree with my selection, and I don't mind that, but I like to let you know the thinking behind the selection.

However there is one person that really counts.....Over to you Meeester Bond!

I really hope that Milligan is fit for Saturday's battle as he is really needed.The Imps will be roared on by a 8000 plus crowd .Not sure how many shrimpers are going up to Lincoln but who ever does we need a team that is prepared to battle for 90 mins and no passengers

I've gone:

..............................................Oxley..........................

Bwomono............White................Shaughnessy...................Ralph

..........................................Milligan...........................................

Mantom...................Hyam
..........................McLaughlin

...................................................................... Cox

..................Humphreys.

Please God no. You cannot play those three in the same team. Aside from feeling like 10 men due to Mantom and Hyam being so similar, there is a huge void in the midfield meaning that long balls are the only way to hit the strikers and we know how that pans out.

If we play that team, we are in for an absolute pasting,

This made me laugh.

Amazing punch clear to inside the six yard box, and he made 1 save. Blackpool had 3 shots on target in 90 mins on Saturday, 2 went in.

SOUTHEND United midfielder Timothee Dieng is set for an extended spell on the sidelines after suffering another calf injury.

More...

After proving the other night that 4-4-2 is the only way the players know how to play and did it well, I wouldn't want to mess around with different formations again!
Then why did a few say that in the 2nd half it was a 4-2-3-1 formation with Cox playing deep and Kelman alone up front.

In matches he was MIA. I doubt we will miss him too much. Shame, initially, I thought he looked good but very soon let himself, and us, down.

Then why did a few say that in the 2nd half it was a 4-2-3-1 formation with Cox playing deep and Kelman alone up front.
As i quoted after it's not too bad doing that away as long as Cox isn't too deep but not at home where we should be the ones in the ascendancy ?

Sorry been a few years since my last away match (play off semi against Burton I think). Can you pay on the gate at Lincoln in the away end or are simple things like this a thing of the past?

Back