• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Lincoln City FC vs Southend Utd 16th Aug 2019 15:00hrs

What's would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely, make the whole squad aware that if we are to progress...you're not that precious and it needs to have competition for places

So what have they done to show you they are better than what we have and are more deserving of a starting place over those that have played / trained all pre season? Or do you think just being new offers that as a privilege?

I agree. And so will Liecester have. I was more pointing out the level of football the respective sides will have been playing at and that the player will have been playing at a level lower than Ndukwu....
Ethan wasnt with Man U u/23s last season ,i believe he was on loan at Rochdale.

i went for 5-3-2, but not sure if Lennon or Milligan available,if not i would look at a 4-2-3-1 formation, by bringing in Kelman and either Hutchinson or Nducwu,playing Humphreys as lone striker and hutchinson (NDUCWU),Cox and kelman as the 3 feeding off off him,with Hamilton and Mantom as the 2 defensive midfielders back 4 of Elvis ,Shaughnessy ,White and Ralph,bishop in Goal.

It's Saturday and its match day. Third league game, so lets hope that we can kick start our season with a decent result. Safe journey to all you travelling Shrimpers and for those of us who will be listening on the radio, happy listening. No doubt if the game is a bit bumpy you'll share your views on here in the Official match thread. COYB

So what have they done to show you they are better than what we have and are more deserving of a starting place over those that have played / trained all pre season? Or do you think just being new offers that as a privilege?

After the Blackpool "performance", I think I could be in with a shout of playing...:Smile2:

What are the away pubs?

There is a small fan zone located outside the stadium which is for both home and away supporters. It has a number of food outlets, some with local produce and beer is available too. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City fan adds; 'away supporters are admitted to the Supporters Club at the Club (called the Trust Suite) behind the South Park Stand'.

Otherwise, there are plenty of good pubs to be found if you head along the High Street towards the town centre. Close to Sincil Bank on the High Street is the Hop and Barley micropub. John Bennett a visiting Bristol Rovers supporter recommends the Golden Eagle, whilst Jon Morley adds; 'The Wetherspoon's pub called 'The Ritz' serves reasonably priced food and ales'. If arriving by train then not far from the station is the Marina area, which has a number of eating and drinking places, including a Wetherspoons pub called the Square Sail. When trying to find the Marina area, just look out for the large Odeon Cinema building, which is also on the same complex. Also near to Lincoln Railway Station is the Treaty of Commerce. Beer is not on sale inside the ground in the away section.

Also near to Sincil Bank on Scorer Street is the handy 'Back of the Net' Fish and Chip Shop.

Taken from Fans guide to football grounds, hope it helps...:Thumbs up:

I’d like to see Bish start but expect Oxley.

Is Lennon fit to play? I really hope we go with a back four of Elvis Lennon Shaughnessy Ralph.

Midfield is a hard one but I would like to see two wingers in Layton and Macca with Hamilton and Milligan in the middle.

Up top Cox and Kelman to start for me. But I can see it being Humphrys and would be happy with that also. I do worry about his face though he’s clearly worried about it (understandably) and that prick at Blackpool targeting his face didn’t help. Just hope that’s not a common thing now to target his face.

Anyone going on the train from Kings Cross needs to be aware that there are no trains from Newark Northgate to Lincoln on Saturday because of strike action. You need to get yourself to Newark Castle and the hourly service from Nottingham to Lincoln- there are some buses linking the two stations but I don't know how they connect to trains from KC.

Link to timetable

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/Global/web_banners/carousel_banners/NOT-LCN-CLE_170819.pdf
Thanks, I'm just leaving King's Cross now and the staff here are not in the loop, not least because the journey takes in two different train companies. Looking at it I think you end up with a long wait, 30 minutes plus, waiting for the train from Newark Castle as it's a twenty minute walk between the two if the bus isn't immediate.

The train guard is suggesting the way around the train strike is to change at Retford and get a train directly to Lincoln from there which avoids the walk between the two Newark stations. Tickets valid but Retford trains only one an hour.

The train guard is suggesting the way around the train strike is to change at Retford and get a train directly to Lincoln from there which avoids the walk between the two Newark stations. Tickets valid but Retford trains only one an hour.
Thank you, looks like a twenty minute wait so that's doable. Cheers.

Back