• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Lincoln City FC vs Southend Utd 16th Aug 2019 15:00hrs

What's would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Large

Next up Lincoln City and the Cowley brothers.. They have a 100% league and Cup record so far this season so now seems a pretty good time to pull their pants down big time and give them a good spanking.

Fresh from last night's scintillating win against Stevenage the squad should be in just the right state of mind to get our first league points on the board come 17:00 hrs Saturday.

Normal stuff all, team selections, result forecasts, formation guessing, opinions, counter opinions, banter and so much more. It's your pre-match thread, fill ya boots.

Like to think your right Napster ,but think your dreaming.Anyway heres hoping for a least a point would be nice

gone for 5-3-2,hard to leave Kelman out but thought Humphreys can bully Bolger better

4-2-3-1 (which from reading GV's match report seems to be how we finished off last night)

Bishop

Elvis
Shaugnessy
Lennon
Ralph

Milligan
Hyam

Hutch
Cox
Macca

Kelman

Gone for Lennon over White for the extra pace, and Hyam over Mantom as I just think he's a better player all round. Can't drop Kelman after 2 goals

Although we won last evening I am not sure if we will always have success playing Cox and Kelman together as the main strikers. We had all sorts of problems last season when Hopper and Humphreys were unavailable meaning we were forced to play with small lads upfront. We really need Humphreys or Goodship as one of our front men. I have awful memories of matches where we were playing long balls up to the likes of Simon Cox with opposition defenders just having an easy time.

Although we won last evening I am not sure if we will always have success playing Cox and Kelman together as the main strikers. [...] I have awful memories of matches where we were playing long balls up to the likes of Simon Cox with opposition defenders just having an easy time.
...so don't play long balls up to them then...

Although we won last evening I am not sure if we will always have success playing Cox and Kelman together as the main strikers. We had all sorts of problems last season when Hopper and Humphreys were unavailable meaning we were forced to play with small lads upfront. We really need Humphreys or Goodship as one of our front men. I have awful memories of matches where we were playing long balls up to the likes of Simon Cox with opposition defenders just having an easy time.

From what I've seen in pre-season Kelman is probably more physical than Goodship.

Bishop
Bwumono
White
Shaunessy
Ralph
McLaughlin
Mantom
Milligan
Hutchinson
Cox
Kelman

I remember Bolger well- he will also be hoping we dont put Cox and Kelman together. If humphreys plays bolger will pick him up- whereas Cox or kelman will be a Hobson's choice as if its on the ground against those two he will get exposed.

White might not be as quick as Lennon- but he doesn't make mistakes- boringly, Ronseal like, reliable and by all accounts we looked far more solid after he came on.

Might be tempted to bring Hyam alongside Milligan and push Mantom wider to make it a bit more solid

4-2-3-1 (which from reading GV's match report seems to be how we finished off last night)

Bishop

Elvis
Shaugnessy
Lennon
Ralph

Milligan
Hyam

Hutch
Cox
Macca

Kelman

Gone for Lennon over White for the extra pace, and Hyam over Mantom as I just think he's a better player all round. Can't drop Kelman after 2 goals

This formation I kind of like

Obviously I always want Southend to win but I hate the confidence and swagger of Lincoln and the Cowleys, it makes me jealous. So I really hope we beat them Saturday and in a way that really ****es them off such as a last minute off-side goal or a dubious penalty or even better a 4-0 drubbing.

Obviously I always want Southend to win but I hate the confidence and swagger of Lincoln and the Cowleys, it makes me jealous. So I really hope we beat them Saturday and in a way that really ****es them off such as a last minute off-side goal or a dubious penalty or even better a 4-0 drubbing.
Yeah, wot he said.

I hope it’s a good , clean game of football and the best team wins.

Lincoln so far sold over 8000 tickets for Saturday's game.Anyone know how many we have sold?
So should be a decent atmosphere

If Lennon is fit then, imo, 6 of the starting 11 are nailed on;
Gk
Elvis, Shaunshaggy, Lennon, Ralph
Milligan
Cox

It is the other 5 spots that Mr Bond has to decide on.

Stick with Nathan?
Who to partner Coxy up top? Hump or Charlie?
Stick with Hutch(set piece/corners) and Mantom? or put Hyem in the centre ?
Macca to start or Layton, or Theo?

For sure scouting reports on Lincoln will say movement and speed getting forward is their strength.

gone for 5-3-2,hard to leave Kelman out but thought Humphreys can bully Bolger better

Bolger doesn't get bullied by forwards. His weakness is up against forwards with pace and being closed down quickly.

Bolger doesn't get bullied by forwards. His weakness is up against forwards with pace and being closed down quickly.

And he can (Cian) get flustered and pick up yellow cards when irritated, young Charlie would not be bothered about annoying him, maybe Hump would be warry of the high elbows and like?

Last edited:
Back