• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Lincoln City vs Southend United

This has been woeful. Poor going forward and poor at the back.

Midfield has been..........poor

Yes it's early but we also have last season to go on. Anyone with eyes can see bond has no idea. Give him as long as you like guys in fact I'm all for patience...however sometimes it's just obvious.

We’ll soon be entering Dick Bate territory.......totally outplayed and outclassed every week.

I still stick by what i said last week, something is wrong with our club at it's core and the persistent dross served up each week is just the inevitable outcome.

The whole stadium (lack of) progression has become SUFC and it's detracting from the club as a whole.

We need a CEO, and have done since Kavanagh left.

BREAKING NEWS: “Sacking the manager 3 games into the season wouldn’t be knee jerk”

Laughable. Almost as laughable as some of our defending...

Stranger things have happened. Managers have been sacked after the first game

For the record I’m still saying give him 10 games but this is horrendous. Huge turnaround needed and Bond needs to use all his experience

Yes it's early but we also have last season to go on. Anyone with eyes can see bond has no idea. Give him as long as you like guys in fact I'm all for patience...however sometimes it's just obvious.

Exactly this. When something is definitely wrong surely you have to act. There’s a reason he’s not had any managerial jobs for years and it’s showing.

Well, they’ve not won in 20 games now though, I mean I have to say it’s still a little harsh considering they’ve just been relegated from the premier league.

We’ve had the most miraculous survival last year. Had a good result in the week. Got a few players in. Have to watch football with context not just reactionary all the time. Some of our fans are becoming even more ridiculous.

It's not as if we are performing well each week. The players look bereft of ideas or any direction and we look like a side that won't win matches.

Lincoln commentators just saying how bad we are and wouldn't be surprised to see a managerial vacancy on Monday

It's not as if we are performing well each week. The players look bereft of ideas or any direction and we look like a side that won't win matches.

Lincoln commentators just saying how bad we are and wouldn't be surprised to see a managerial vacancy on Monday

I know RM (correctly) gives managers time. However I also think he’s astute enough to act when something is so badly wrong.... Another defeat on Tuesday could be it for KB

there is absolutely nothing positive in this performance or influence on the game that Mr Bond has had on his team.

His record is now w 3 d 2 l 5.

If we ship out Macca,, Hyam and Theo, we must strengthen midfield, as it is non existant. That shows when you try and pick a team in the selection thread. On match days, it is even worse as we are getting bypassed completely. The defence are seemingly trying to over play the ball out. If they tried go long the strikers, if they get a sniff, are not linking back to the midfield to control possession and build, as we simply do not have the players to play that sort of game. I give Bond until the end of September, I think we could be cut adrift by then though. We have to beat teams like Rochdale, Wimbledon, Wycombe and teams around us, just to keep in touch at the bottom.

The gulf between us and Lincoln today is wider than the Atlantic ocean and anyone who thinks the team and tactics we are employing is going to see us in safe mid table , let alone the top half is , I am afraid imo in La La land.

Ahhhhh the pinnacle of all truth, Lincoln commentary ha ha ha! Fair play. They might be right. But really they’re just saying anything.

I have to say from what I’ve seen from us, live and highlights since Bond came in. We’ve looked like we did have ideas. We have a bit of direction.

It’s all so knee jerk.

I could have written off last week as a bad day at the office, after today I'm in the 'something's wrong' crowd. Conceding goals seemingly for fun and it's not like we're scoring any either! One og scored in the first 3 league games is pathetic.

If there's not an improvement on Tuesday at both ends of the pitch Bond should be worrying about his job IMO.

Stranger things have happened. Managers have been sacked after the first game

For the record I’m still saying give him 10 games but this is horrendous. Huge turnaround needed and Bond needs to use all his experience

Fair play. Yeah it is a bit of a turnaround. I think in patches we’ve looked like we can do it. But we will see in the coming weeks.

Ahhhhh the pinnacle of all truth, Lincoln commentary ha ha ha! Fair play. They might be right. But really they’re just saying anything.

I have to say from what I’ve seen from us, live and highlights since Bond came in. We’ve looked like we did have ideas. We have a bit of direction.

It’s all so knee jerk.

I agree and that direction is down.

Thing is on paper we have a good squad, we are just playing premier league formations with league one players. The long and short is most of us knew Bond wasn’t the man for the job, he should go, that said I fully believe Lincoln will finish top 6

Thing is on paper we have a good squad, we are just playing premier league formations with league one players. The long and short is most of us knew Bond wasn’t the man for the job, he should go, that said I fully believe Lincoln will finish top 6

On a Sunday my team plays 4231 or 352. Football is so far ahead of 442 nowadays. It’s dead. I’m not sure there’s such thing as “premier league formations”. This in itself is the very reason why people have such different judgement to fans like me. I don’t want to tar you with the same brush or anyone for that matter. But referencing the premier league about our league 1 yo-yo club is what’s wrong with the game.

I don’t get how you can call for the managers head and in the same breath say the team we just lost to will finish top6.

On a Sunday my team plays 4231 or 352. Football is so far ahead of 442 nowadays. It’s dead. I’m not sure there’s such thing as “premier league formations”. This in itself is the very reason why people have such different judgement to fans like me. I don’t want to tar you with the same brush or anyone for that matter. But referencing the premier league about our league 1 yo-yo club is what’s wrong with the game.

I don’t get how you can call for the managers head and in the same breath say the team we just lost to will finish top6.

You are right to a degree I guess but even though I believe Lincoln will finish top 6 and a defeat isn’t the most shocking it’s the manner in which we have lost that is

Back