• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Lincoln City vs Southend United

Can someone.......anyone, accept that we were beaten, well beaten, by a very good side on their own turf?

I can accept that.

What I can’t and won’t ever accept is the way to players simply downed tools after the second went in. Second half we offered nothing, no effort or fight for the shirt or those travelling fans.

Can someone.......anyone, accept that we were beaten, well beaten, by a very good side on their own turf?

That is true but they didn't have to really get out of first gear and on paper we have more than enough to trouble plenty of teams.

Lincoln are not Barcelona and we should be giving them a game. End of.

It's always difficult to comment when only hearing audio of the game but that's all I had today. The two BBC presenters reckoned that apart from the two goals we were pretty much in the game in the first half. The penalty so early in the second was the killer and after that it was damage limitation, but I don't know whether we were crap or Lincoln were on a roll. So it be good for me to see highlights and hear reports for our people and then I'll know how much in the manure we are.

It's always difficult to comment when only hearing audio of the game but that's all I had today. The two BBC presenters reckoned that apart from the two goals we were pretty much in the game in the first half. The penalty so early in the second was the killer and after that it was damage limitation, but I don't know whether we were crap or Lincoln were on a roll. So it be good for me to see highlights and hear reports for our people and then I'll know how much in the manure we are.

I can assure you it didn't look any better on iFollow.While I'd agree that we played some nice stuff early doors we just fell apart after they scored.The pen.certainly finished the game .Lincoln are good at putting the ball into the box for their strikers to gobble up.They work hard too as Glenn P. said.That's it.

I'm yet to be convinced about Bond and we were not great BUT I don't think nearly enough is being made of just how good Lincoln were. Closed down everything, played the right pass quickly, knew were each other were. They are playing with momentum, we are playing with misplaced optimism from a glorious one off result. Cox looks woefully un match fit, his first touch was going everywhere. Lincoln have a really thin squad but they will impress massively for the first few months.

Back