• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Line Drawn

I think the SOS boys have done a wonderful job, mainly with the ridiculously good and emotional presentation, arranging the protest etc

I also think the ****ed off message has been voiced extremely well and I'm not sure what else would be beneficial at this stage.

There are some encouraging signs, communication via the zooms, working with Stan, I think moving forward with Phil and the backroom duo is right, Ron's longer term plans are a bit clearer and hopefully he'll deliver a decent budget.

There's a line drawn now and I'm definitely going to support the lads and encourage others to do the same, with an early and fresh preseason and good recruitment we might see a good start and build from there.

Let's get behind our club, if u get an out of date bottle of beer during preseason, just shut up and drink it...

Ive been impressed with everyones approach in trying to address the issues with our club. Nowones ever gonna fully agree with every strategy or approach but imo it all helps to push ron and get change and the truth.

I think its time for people to stop having digs at the trust or SOS or any of the other groups and just focus on keeping ron accountable.

Great work everyone involved organising the protest, thank you ?

I do honestly think RM won this week, his perfectly timed BBC interview followed by the zoom meeting which I know and fully understand why SOS wanted it after today, as predicted it stopped many supporters showing up today.

RM is an expert at deflecting issues and I have already had messages from supporters believing today wasn't worthwhile as he is listening and appointing a CEO ?‍♂️

I am not sure at which point these season ticket holders forgot about the disastrous last 3 years and fell for Ron's perfectly timed promises that all is rosy in the Southend garden as we will be back in the EFL this time next year?

Very clever Ron, you succeeded politically as well as anyone who overturned a large majority in the elections this week. I will believe all this if we do get back in Div 2 and don't have anymore CCJ'S or unpaid players in the next 12 months ?

Last edited:
Yep, agree here with @Strykr and @AustScullyPriorPowell.

The only thing I would say is that no doubt Ron is giving us his version of what his truth is. When supporters just say that he is lying and why don't you tell us the truth, what they actually mean is "I don't care what you say unless it exactly fits my narrative which then proves that I'm right."

Ron isn't going anywhere and whilst I'm sure he isn't upset by the "Ron out" chants, if he does bugger off then we will be an almighty hellhole that we will likely never get out of.

The very best way is for us to press for change and transparency. What I want to hear from Ron is an admission that through his choices, we are in this mess and that he will own that, not make the same mistake again and move heaven and earth to get us back to where we belong. We're not quite there yet but his rhetoric has definitely been more conciliatory, he has said he has made mistakes, he has said that if he had the time again he would do stuff differently and that he will get a CEO.

That is huge, huge progress.

And let's not forget that he is paying for all this. Yes, he will get a huge reward but he has bought this money pit of a club and funded it for 20+ years. He developed the academy which is much respected.

He isn't the enemy here - we need to work with him, not against him. I will throw my support 100% behind any movement that is purely for the benefit of the club. As soon as it turns into "Ron out at all costs", we lose the battle.

Just two points, for clarity .

We are not a Martin Out movement. There will always be that undercurrent. We are quite happy to work with him, but it'll be on different terms to the Trust. We'd like to work with the Trust too, we can compliment each other.

We are also 100% behind the team. We aren't talking boycotts or anything like that.

Just two points, for clarity .

We are not a Martin Out movement. There will always be that undercurrent. We are quite happy to work with him, but it'll be on different terms to the Trust. We'd like to work with the Trust too, we can compliment each other.

We are also 100% behind the team. We aren't talking boycotts or anything like that.

Unfortunately it's a noisy undercurrent that does more harm than good in my opinion. SOS, the Trust and anyone else genuinely interested in the long term future of the club needs to distance themselves from that and denounce it in an equally noisy way.

Unfortunately it's a noisy undercurrent that does more harm than good in my opinion. SOS, the Trust and anyone else genuinely interested in the long term future of the club needs to distance themselves from that and denounce it in an equally noisy way.
TBF it is also a group that is small in inverse proportion to their noise. Ron probably knows that.
As far as I see all the groups are engaging and contributing to the debate in a positive way. And Ron does seem to be listening. As always the proof will be in the actions but thus far I think the input from all sides is helpful whilst representing the various positive but different perspectives .

Actually I think now (well preseason) is the ideal time to keep the pressure on. To me it's not about appointing CEO. On it's own that changes nothing. It's about long term sustainability of the club.

I do honestly think RM won this week, his perfectly timed BBC interview followed by the zoom meeting which I know and fully understand why SOS wanted it after today, as predicted it stopped many supporters showing up today.

RM is an expert at deflecting issues and I have already had messages from supporters believing today wasn't worthwhile as he is listening and appointing a CEO ?‍♂️

I am not sure at which point these season ticket holders forgot about the disastrous last 3 years and fell for Ron's perfectly timed promises that all is rosy in the Southend garden as we will be back in the EFL this time next year?

Very clever Ron, you succeeded politically as well as anyone who overturned a large majority in the elections this week. I will believe all this if we do get back in Div 2 and don't have anymore CCJ'S or unpaid players in the next 12 months ?

Well made points....its hard, at this point in time, to have an overly positive feeling about the future financial management of the club?.....when the past few years would suggest the complete opposite! A history of unpaid tax, unpaid salaries, embargoes and court battles etc etc hardly suggest better times to come .......unless the leopard CAN change its spots. ! Time will tell .

Personally I think we have all won.
The protest groups
The fans
Stan the man
Ron
CEO

We all seem to be winners here at SUFC, so let's keep the winning streak going, support our club, and let's get promoted first time round.

We are all after the same thing for our club.

To win.

I'm not sure, personally. The coverage that the protest gained in the media will have made Ron squirm. He came over quite badly on BBC Essex I thought. Much better on the zoom call but that would have had limited viewers.

Anyway, it's not about winners and losers and pitting ourselves again Ron. Obviously what we all want is for Ron to listen to us, and to accept that change is needed, and work to make that change happen.

There are early positive signs that this might be happening, but we can't take our eye off him for a minute.

Well done SOS and the Trust and everyone who has been putting the effort in to keep Ron on his toes these last few weeks. I think it has made a difference.

I'm not sure, personally. The coverage that the protest gained in the media will have made Ron squirm. He came over quite badly on BBC Essex I thought. Much better on the zoom call but that would have had limited viewers.

Anyway, it's not about winners and losers and pitting ourselves again Ron. Obviously what we all want is for Ron to listen to us, and to accept that change is needed, and work to make that change happen.

There are early positive signs that this might be happening, but we can't take our eye off him for a minute.

Well done SOS and the Trust and everyone who has been putting the effort in to keep Ron on his toes these last few weeks. I think it has made a difference.

That's the key point for me.

Whether you agree with the protests or negative views on social media etc. I do fully believe that it has given Ron a bit of a prod to get moving with certain things. Things that perhaps he would still be contemplating, or not even contemplating at all. I'd also add that Stan's involvement has certainly contributed as well. So I say well done to all the fans/groups that have shown a bit of disenchantment in recent weeks, It needed to happen and in my opinion will need to continue if we do not see necessary changes over the coming weeks...

But, although we are hearing some positive noises from Ron, it is still just noise. We need to see the CEO/Manager sorted ideally this week. Then crack on with the playing side regards outgoings/incomings. At the same time we need to see a sensible season card/ticket policy released that keeps fans happy and returning in numbers, but also gives the club a decent budget to compete at the top end of the NL. But perhaps more importantly makes sure the club are not going to be defaulting on any payments whatsoever. That must not happen ever again.

This is a key time for this club and they need to be bang on it and get everything right if we have any hope of just a short stay in the NL. This needs to be a reset of sorts, clear the decks, change tack massively and deliver a team and club us loyal fans deserve. If we are not seeing that, then the pressure needs to be applied again and again and again if needs be. With perhaps more drastic measures taken down the line, as a last resort.

Last edited:
Personally I think we have all won.
The protest groups
The fans
Stan the man
Ron
CEO

We all seem to be winners here at SUFC, so let's keep the winning streak going, support our club, and let's get promoted first time round.

We are all after the same thing for our club.

To win.
Did you just say we're 'winners'?
You are George Orwell and I claim by £5.
I think a continued lean on Ron will remind him of what he's done, and what he needs to do.
And sorry, we've won nothing right now.

Back