• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
so how do people see the team lining up next season, this would be my team, with the squad we currently have.

morris
clohessey barker moshni glbert

sawyer grant ferdinand hall

corr harris

personally I would like to see a right winger signed thus moving sawyer into the middle with grant. I do however think that 11 I picked could challenge for the play offs. If moshni is tuned in and not being a loon he and barker could easily be the best centre back pairing in this division, ryan hall playing well is key for the season, of course Im assuming luggy is going for a 4-4-2 I assume this cos harris is not the man to play on the right of a front three. I kind of wanted to put grant on the right but a midfield pairing of kane and sawyer would be far too lightweight

Looks great so far! Be more comings and goings yet of course, but looking at that XI, I'd be more than happy if the season kicked off tomorrow.

The problem is we don't have much beyond that XI. We need at least another 3 signings in my opinion but I'm not too worried yet as its only June!

so how do people see the team lining up next season, this would be my team, with the squad we currently have.

morris
clohessey barker moshni glbert

sawyer grant ferdinand hall

corr harris

personally I would like to see a right winger signed thus moving sawyer into the middle with grant. I do however think that 11 I picked could challenge for the play offs. If moshni is tuned in and not being a loon he and barker could easily be the best centre back pairing in this division, ryan hall playing well is key for the season, of course Im assuming luggy is going for a 4-4-2 I assume this cos harris is not the man to play on the right of a front three. I kind of wanted to put grant on the right but a midfield pairing of kane and sawyer would be far too lightweight

That really is one hell of a line-up for this level IMHO. If we can get a few more quality additions to beef up the squad I can see us doing really well next season.

That really is one hell of a line-up for this level IMHO. If we can get a few more quality additions to beef up the squad I can see us doing really well next season.

Hang on a minute.........change Harris for Blair and we have, questionably, last year's best line up! Is one player going to really make the difference between thirteenth place and automatics/play-offs? The problem last year, as The Saarfender says and I stated on a number of occasions, was not the quality of the first choice line-up (which we rarely saw in any consistency, due to injuries and suspensions), but the lack in depth of the squad. It is probably best to take this thread title at face value for 'as it stands' will, hopefully not be 'as it will be' when we kick off the new season.

Harris will make a massive difference and in a positive way but what happens when the injuries, suspensions and prison sentences kick in? who's going to do the job then? We have only signed 1 player proven league player (& the kids) and released 5 or 6...

But how often could PS play his 'best' XI during the second half of the season? Not often I'd wager (without knowing the stats). So on paper, this XI above does look like it could be up there if, IF, they played week in/week out.

Trouble is, we know Mohsni is injury/disciplinary prone - Ferdinand is probably too young to play 46+ games and cannot see Harris playing 46+ either.

So yea, depth is going to be absolutely vital. If we dont make 3-4 more quality 'first team' player signings, then we will struggle again most likely.

Stick Timlin in that midfield for Ferdinand and its a start. Hopefully Easton will sign on too and then that is center midfield more than covered. I'd sacrifice getting a genuine right sided player in if we can retain/sign Easton and Timlin.

It worked for Tilly during the league 2 days of having a player tucked in on the right (Grant/Sawyer/Timlin in this side) and an out an out winger on the other side.

Harris will make a massive difference and in a positive way but what happens when the injuries, suspensions and prison sentences kick in? who's going to do the job then? We have only signed 1 player proven league player (& the kids) and released 5 or 6...

good point, if easton signs up this would be a big step, if he did sign our bench would then be , patterson, crawford, ?ferdinand, phillips, prosser, asante, bentley. not too shabby?

But how often could PS play his 'best' XI during the second half of the season? Not often I'd wager (without knowing the stats). So on paper, this XI above does look like it could be up there if, IF, they played week in/week out.

Trouble is, we know Mohsni is injury/disciplinary prone - Ferdinand is probably too young to play 46+ games and cannot see Harris playing 46+ either.

So yea, depth is going to be absolutely vital. If we dont make 3-4 more quality 'first team' player signings, then we will struggle again most likely.

Stick Timlin in that midfield for Ferdinand and its a start. Hopefully Easton will sign on too and then that is center midfield more than covered. I'd sacrifice getting a genuine right sided player in if we can retain/sign Easton and Timlin.

It worked for Tilly during the league 2 days of having a player tucked in on the right (Grant/Sawyer/Timlin in this side) and an out an out winger on the other side.

massive frustration from last season our first 11 proved they could do well in this division, i take the point about the right wing but....the 11 i picked still lacks a bit of pace about it, rapid right winger would cure this

Couple of points I don't agree with here.

Why the assumption we'll go back to 4-4-2? Harris isn't just a goalscorer, Sturrock see's him as playmaker too (judging from his interview) so he could well take Blair's role in the 4-3-3.

That we'll leave out Kane. Kane was key in our resurgance last year, guarding the back 4 to allow the likes of Easton to play further up. If we sign Timlin, he's in the Easton mould, he's wasn't a ball winner.

Agree we need another winger, to cover for Hall, provide options from the bench and play RW if we go 4-4-2 for tactical reasons. Picking someone up from non-league could be a good option here.

Couple of points I don't agree with here.

Why the assumption we'll go back to 4-4-2? Harris isn't just a goalscorer, Sturrock see's him as playmaker too (judging from his interview) so he could well take Blair's role in the 4-3-3.

That we'll leave out Kane. Kane was key in our resurgance last year, guarding the back 4 to allow the likes of Easton to play further up. If we sign Timlin, he's in the Easton mould, he's wasn't a ball winner.

Agree we need another winger, to cover for Hall, provide options from the bench and play RW if we go 4-4-2 for tactical reasons. Picking someone up from non-league could be a good option here.

Complete guess on the formation coupled with PS seemed to play a bit of 4-4-2 at the end of the season, the last couple of games I saw kane play he just seemed a little off the pace, not taking away what a fantastic contribution he made to the team last year, wouldnt want to heap too much on him too soon, because he is going to be very good indeed.

Complete guess on the formation coupled with PS seemed to play a bit of 4-4-2 at the end of the season, the last couple of games I saw kane play he just seemed a little off the pace, not taking away what a fantastic contribution he made to the team last year, wouldnt want to heap too much on him too soon, because he is going to be very good indeed.

I think the injury Kane had took its toll as well as playing week-in-week-out which can take some getting used to for a young player fresh out of the youth team. He's going to be one hell of a player in the future, sadly I doubt he'll be with us for long - a nice juicy sell-on is a must when he departs at some stage.

Complete guess on the formation coupled with PS seemed to play a bit of 4-4-2 at the end of the season

I have a feeling we'll change between the 2 formations alot depending on form/opposition/home or away.

Back