• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
So with the possibility of Tam coming back on saturday what's the likely line up.
I will give what I would like to see and what I think ps will pick
Bentley
Clohessey cresswell mohsni prosser

Leonard Tam hurst straker

Eastwood britt

Luggys team
Smith
Clohessey prosser cresswell straker

Leonard spillane tam hurst

Britt mohsni

prossers is suspended i beleive for next two games. So i would start with:

Smith

Cohessey Cresswell Moshni Straker

Hurst Tam Reeves Leonard

Eastwood Corr

subs: Bentley, woodyard,Harris,Britt,Laird,Spillane,Lund

Britt has been very in-effective recently so lets give freddy a game..

My bad on the prosser front given that a back four of
Clohessey Cresswell mohsni straker should be ok

Midfield becomes an issue for me given that spillane would probably start and I think he is so bad that I would consider spicer over him.

Just to add I would pick freddy (flu allowing) to try and get something out of britt. Britt thrived off a clever strike partner and while fred may not have great workrate etc he does have a good football brain.

Smith
Clohessy Mohsni Creswell Straker
Hurst Lund Leonard
Reeves (if it's completed by Saturday)
Corr Eastwood

Of course if a deal is done with Mkandawire he would start.

Smith
Clohessy - Mohsni - Cresswell - Straker
Hurst - Mkandawire - Lund - Reeves
Corr - Harris

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Leonard - Laird - Woodyard - Britt - Eastwood​

Last edited:
With Prosser suspended and Luggy saying Laird would only be on the bench, my team for tomorrow would be:

Smith

Corr - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley - Laird - Leonard - Woodyard - Spicer - Harris - Eastwood​

.....................................smith.........................
.............clohessey...mohsni...cresswell...straker....
hurst..woodyard..spillane..mkandawire..lund..leonard.

subs corr,eastwood,harris,assombalonga,reeves,bentley,spicer

Torquay are a very strong team. we cannot underestimate them. With that away point in the week they are one of the form teams in this division. Its a game we cannot afford to lose. We need to start with a 4-6-0 formation but keep it tight for 85 minutes then really go for it by putting Spicer on

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

With Prosser suspended and Luggy saying Laird would only be on the bench, my team for tomorrow would be:

Smith

Corr - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley - Laird - Leonard - Woodyard - Spicer - Harris - Eastwood​

I'd go with this, but Eastwood for Britt.

I feel Britt has been sussed out & the guy clearly struggles without Tomlin alongside him so let's see if Eastwood can still do it.

.....................................smith.........................
.............clohessey...mohsni...cresswell...straker....
hurst..woodyard..spillane..mkandawire..lund..leonard.

subs corr,eastwood,harris,assombalonga,reeves,bentley,spicer

Torquay are a very strong team. we cannot underestimate them. With that away point in the week they are one of the form teams in this division. Its a game we cannot afford to lose. We need to start with a 4-6-0 formation but keep it tight for 85 minutes then really go for it by putting Spicer on

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

You are definately in the know. That seems to be what Sturrocks team talk must of been on Tues night.

Just to add I would pick freddy (flu allowing) to try and get something out of britt. Britt thrived off a clever strike partner and while fred may not have great workrate etc he does have a good football brain.
Yes ! We do need some more footballing brains on the park, freddy has plenty unlike some of his team mates which have shown lately are totally clueless. Ps please play freddy for the next 2 or 3 games, we dont have anything more to lose !!:winking:

I still think 4-2-3-1 is the way forward given who we have available. We're leaking a fair few goals at the moment, so need to give an uneasy defence a bit of cover.

---------------Smith----------------
Clohessy--Mohsni--Cresswell--Straker
-----Mkandawire------Spillane-------
---Hurst-------Harris------Reeves---
----------------Corr----------------

If Corr's unavailable, then Assombalonga. That's not Harris playing in midfield per se, just behind the main striker as we're craving for more incision behind the front man.

I still think 4-2-3-1 is the way forward given who we have available. We're leaking a fair few goals at the moment, so need to give an uneasy defence a bit of cover.

If Corr's unavailable, then Assombalonga. That's not Harris playing in midfield per se, just behind the main striker as we're craving for more incision behind the front man.

Would agree with that. With Tomlin and Laird coming back quite soon (might even be on the bench tomorrow), would be tempted to put Tomlin out on the left so he can cut inside and put Laird in place of Spillane.

I disagree. If we attacked more and went for goals (that's what you need to do to win games) then we won't be camped in our own half for so long, putting the uneasy defence under pressure.

Want a more positive 4-4-2 this weekend.

Smith
Clohessy - Cresswell - Mohsni - Straker
Hurst - Reeves - Mkandwire - Leonard
Corr - Britt (want Eastwood but not gonna happen)

Why also play people out of position? Harris has never been someone that sits of the front man. He needs service into the box. Corr and Harris upfront will also give us a lack of pace up top.

Too defensive at home IMHO, and after his abject performance on Tuesday Spillane needs dropping not kept in the start XI - Harris showed nothing in the 45 mins on Tuesday night either so doesn't deserve a start, if fit and well I'd give Eastwood a chance.

Back