• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Link Colour

... or when using hypertext, a link is embedded in a sentence, so you don't even know it's there, like this for example.

Which, I guess is what you are saying, TBD, as well.

Ah ok thanks, I see what you mean. Any change will need to fit with our colour palette and not harm the look and feel of the site.

Ah ok thanks, I see what you mean. Any change will need to fit with our colour palette and not harm the look and feel of the site.

Pink links then :Thumbs up:

The links in these posts are not global either so would not affect links in the sidebar menu (under the SUFC crest) and other areas of the forum.
Changing the link colours site wide would require several changes.
To do it properly would more than likely require changes to the site style sheets (a fair bit of work potentially)

Well, this is a bit of an enigma. Earlier versions had a simple setting that could be changed for the colour of user generated links, it seems. But since Xenforo v2 this appears to have completely disappeared and the colours are hard coded :Think: so this isn’t a simple change at all I’m afraid. As such I think we will need to live with what we have.

Well, this is a bit of an enigma. Earlier versions had a simple setting that could be changed for the colour of user generated links, it seems. But since Xenforo v2 this appears to have completely disappeared and the colours are hard coded :Think: so this isn’t a simple change at all I’m afraid. As such I think we will need to live with what we have.
Thanks SS, not a problem.

This may help?

Xenforo Community Change URL Link Colors

Or you can also do it manually in your post as I have done above with the above link.

You can all do this by using the following without the * and adding this to the text field.

[*color=#B8312F][*b][*u]Text[/u][/b][/color]

Thanks TBD, no harm to post that as a workaround. I saw that forum (among many others), but its only solution is in-post coding by Zoners on a link by link, post by post basis. Far too techy for some and far more effort than benefit for all but the very rarest examples. That option (and many others like it) is of course open to people but it is not the strategic system-led change we would want.

Steve mate, you have been so on the ball with this. I guess in the big picture, somebody will always pick a fault with the system/ programming, no disrespect at all to those that have raised this issue.Sometimes its just we have to fit in with the original platform we work to.....

We do try our best to change as much as we can when it benifits members but at times our hands are tied.

Last edited:
Steve mate, you have been so on the ball with this. I guess in the big picture, somebody will always pick a fault with the system/ programming, no disrespect at all to those that have raised this issue.Sometimes its just we have to fit in with the original platform we work to.....

We do try our best to change as much as we can when it benifits members but at times our hands are tied.

I think as well many on here won't understand the complications of what seems a simple task. Xenforo is developed by people who spend an awful lot of time building and testing it.
As a result they will make it as hard as possible to copy, change, steal and edit. I have used software in the past that even a simple change in a system file will force the website to shut down and all you get is a page showing code errors.

See you are kind of wrong there. I know Kier from his VB days ..when that was all we had for forums.

He built that old format , but never got the backing he deserved.. He was more than helpful to us when we changed over to his new XF platform.I was one of his test pilots when XF was getting off the ground.....

You can never imagine the struggle we went through when we changed over to make these new forums as friendly as possible to our users and within a time frame that would not leave them in la la land.. timing was paramount and we needed to move forward.

People dont like change, but it was for the good in the long run. All our friends from the USA to XF and our server guys at Nimbus were hands on 24/7 for us.

Then G, Spiff and I got involved and it went down hill from there..Ha

Last edited:
We value all comments on here. You led me to a direction I maybe should have been clearer about before to all members., so thank you for that.

Back