• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supershrimper

First XI⭐
Unfortunately I'm unable to make the Charlton game as I'm in Weymouth for New Years with the in-laws.

Is there any way I can listen to BBC Essex commentary or other commentary (Haven't got Blues player or on Twitter)

Maybe if you wanted to follow the game then sign up to Blues world for just the month that way you can only have a small out lay for the match lees than ie gate costs or Traveling which you cant . Hope this helped you and have a good party and a happy new year .

Unfortunately I'm unable to make the Charlton game as I'm in Weymouth for New Years with the in-laws.Is there any way I can listen to BBC Essex commentary or other commentary (Haven't got Blues player or on Twitter)
Very low tech, but this is what I do. Phone friend in Essex. Ask them to put phone in front of radio - sorted 😀

Unfortunately I'm unable to make the Charlton game as I'm in Weymouth for New Years with the in-laws.

Blimey, I will be in exactly the same predicament (in Weymouth with in laws)! Often had this prob - on that day when we went top of what is now the Championship for three hours I was 'enjoying' a walk around the Dorset town's Radipole Lake.

Not sure on the family fancy dress theme for NYE this year so I may deviate from the three line whip to dress as someone from Queen and drape myself in the Suffolk Shrimper flag - keep a look out in Brewers Quay square just off the harbour at midnight and maybe join in a chorus of 'Seasiders':smile:

Last edited:
But do BBC Essex allow you to listen to match commentaries online? I thought you got the message about licensing restrictions meaning that you couldn't listen to the commentary. Or is that just because I am trying to listen from overseas?

For someone who can remember standing with my Dad outside the old Southend Standard building waiting for them to put up a placard showing the latest match score in the window, Blues Player works for me, and i think it is excellent value for money for just the commentaries let alone the video stuff!

A quick look on BBC Radio Essex web site showed that the radio commentary for Charlton is NOT on-line as well.

A quick look on BBC Radio Essex web site showed that the radio commentary for Charlton is NOT on-line as well.

That is correct, the BBC Essex commentaries are never available online due to EFL licensing restrictions.

BBC Essex is available on Freeview Channel 734, not sure whether you'll be able to get that in Weymouth, but I can get it off, I think, the Crystal Palace transmitter, 734 carries the DAB feed which is normally the home side of either us or the Scum.

Back