• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Little moments

Can't remember who we were playing but I recall a moment at RH when Anton took the ball off an attacker in our area, turned, strode forward with the ball, played a perfect pass to Ranger, who in one movement turned his marker while flicking an inch perfect pass into the path of Kightly who didn't have to break stride to collect it, flick it past an opposition midfielder and head off down the wing. Nothing came of it, but for a very brief moment you could see why those three used to play in the prem. The vision, the first touch, awareness, speed of thought etc.

There are many. I love the penalty that Nicky Nicolau "won" against Northampton in the second leg of the play off semi in 2005. We deserved it, but didn't look like we were going to score any other way. Was very relieved when Freddy (?) put it away. One of those days where although you've been there hundreds of times Roots Hall felt different, like a different stadium, like a new mood had been unlocked.

Being 3-0 up against Colchester after 32 minutes at Layer Road in 2006. Their manager sent the subs out to warm up in front of us in the away end. There’s a moment of quiet and a fella from the back yells “you must be ****ing **** if you can’t get in this team”. Away end start ****ing themselves laughing, including the Col Ewe subs!

I think we beat them 3-1 at home that season too. Someone very close to me started a new chant that went:

"Six one on aggregate, six one on aggregate..." repeat and repeat and repeat.

The Col Ewe fans didn't find that one funny.

Years and years ago we had a throw in in front of the North bank just by the touchline by the East blues. We were sitting in those seats and saw Steve Phillips tell Ron Pountney where to stand but he couldn't understand so Steve Phillips went over to him and literally moved him to the right spot.

The throw was played short, RP span off his marker and collected the ball. He played a perfect cross to Steve Phillips who headed home.

The two of them had huge smiles on their faces...

Tes Bramble going through on goal at Rochdale before doing the worst dive possible instead of shooting and getting booked for his efforts.

One other occurrence has come to mind. I cannot remember who it was but one good chap of this board thought we were signing ex spurs defender Michael Dawson when we were signing Michael Turner!

No idea why, but For some reason these ones have remained in my mind.

Phil Gridelet being clear and one on one with the keeper in a game we needed to win, he steadied himself then blasted it against the crossbar ?

Adrian clarke on the wing near the halfwayline, ball passed to him in the air, he takes it down with one touch then does a gorgeous lob of the keeper.

Evening game, ball is hoofed to tes bramble, he volleys it/looked like he fell over it, from an impossible angle and it rocketed into the top corner

Cant remember who against but Ryan Leonard chasing back for what seemed forever in a race with an opposition striker to infront of the west and completing the perfect tackle...it earned him a standing ovation

Last edited:
Hearing the sound of Alan Little's tackles, from outside the ground.....and that was during the warm-up.

Cant remember who against but Ryan Leonard chasing back for what seemed forever in a race with an opposition striker to infront of the west and completing the perfect tackle...it earned him a standing ovation

That was against Bury and he tackled Harry Bunn, who then went on to play for us!

Jamar Loza's solo goal against Oxford is one that always pops back into memory for me.

21st January 2011, Lee Sawyer returns on loan and I think he is the best player in the league

30th March 2012 - 4-0 Cheltenham, Eastwood's return goal, Mohsni scored and Lee Hills had a blinder.

Back