• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Chat Thread

Delete the Live Thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
Just had a look through the last few pages (I know, shouldn't stick my nose in where it doesn't belong).

There are a number of comments that I am sure wouldn't be made in front of the subjects (thankfully not involving me).

A few should just remember that their pictures of their faces, and sometimes car, are plastered over this site and elsewhere.

Some advice:

1) think before you type, and ask yourself whether you would say it to them face to face without anyone else around.

2) Put yourself in their shoes and consider how you would feel if someone hasn;t got the courage to say it to you but is happy to gossip elsewhere about you, in the most negative way possible.

i'd suggest using the PM function more, or setting up a password protected chat room, might save some bother if others wanted to look around.

Just had a look through the last few pages (I know, shouldn't stick my nose in where it doesn't belong).

There are a number of comments that I am sure wouldn't be made in front of the subjects (thankfully not involving me).

A few should just remember that their pictures of their faces, and sometimes car, are plastered over this site and elsewhere.

Some advice:

1) think before you type, and ask yourself whether you would say it to them face to face without anyone else around.

2) Put yourself in their shoes and consider how you would feel if someone hasn;t got the courage to say it to you but is happy to gossip elsewhere about you, in the most negative way possible.

i'd suggest using the PM function more, or setting up a password protected chat room, might save some bother if others wanted to look around.

Wow I am so scared, if anyone has a problem with me I am in the spread after pretty much every home game. You all know what I look like come and meet me. I will say exactly what I feel about people to their face I am not afraid to either. If I think your a prick I will tell you that I think your a prick.

I think people are being so petty in regards to the live thread. It is not a clique it is just a place for members on here to go and chat about anything, I go in there and ask questions instead of cluttering up the forum with threads. So if I need a simple question answered instead of posting a new thread I ask it in their. There is no set people allowed to post in there anyone and everyone can post in there.

At least you can see what we are writing and I have no fear with anything I write and if anyone has a problem with it Spread Eagle after every home game. Come and tell me you have a problem with something I say? I am sure it can be resolved and you will end up buying me a pint!

Now just drop the subject and come in and join in with the chat!

As I said, I don't have a problem, just that I wouldn't put myself in the same position as you. 99% of people are normal and will laugh it off, but both you and me don't know certain posters on here, and how they would deal with the situation.

Wow I am so scared, if anyone has a problem with me I am in the spread after pretty much every home game. You all know what I look like come and meet me. I will say exactly what I feel about people to their face I am not afraid to either. If I think your a prick I will tell you that I think your a prick.

I think people are being so petty in regards to the live thread. It is not a clique it is just a place for members on here to go and chat about anything, I go in there and ask questions instead of cluttering up the forum with threads. So if I need a simple question answered instead of posting a new thread I ask it in their. There is no set people allowed to post in there anyone and everyone can post in there.

At least you can see what we are writing and I have no fear with anything I write and if anyone has a problem with it Spread Eagle after every home game. Come and tell me you have a problem with something I say? I am sure it can be resolved and you will end up buying me a pint!

Now just drop the subject and come in and join in with the chat!

Admit you are a gayster then!!!

No a Barcardi and coke Carl get it right ;)

I would refer people to page 1323 of the Live Chat Thread and post 19841. Then tell me there isn't a clique on here.

And what about it Harry?

Mate...IT is a screwed up, unloved, probably abused as a child, waste of air who appears to have no friends or life going on at the moment. If i am honest, i feel a little bit sorry for IT, it is like one of those scruffy mutts that gets left at the rescue kennels, so when it sees any sign of life it makes as much noise as possible to get noticed, but everyone just walks past IT with out even noticing IT.

What to do mate is put IT on ignore....we all have. IT has a short attention span so will get bored soon.

There you go Ricey, lets read through it together.

IT, now who is that I wonder.

Screwed up, unloved, probably abused and a waste of air - charactor assasination wouldn't you agree.

Liking IT to a scruffy mute from a rescue kennel - damn right insulting

What to do mate is put IT on ignore....we all have. IT has a short attention span so will get bored soon.

Nah, your right, I'm reading far too much into it. There's no clique here, just a bunch of self rightious bullies.

hence the original reason for this post, surely if you are going to dig someone out, reply to the post you are upset about or make a new post that's clear enough for them to see it!!

Harry you are judging on one post! He hasn't said right everyone in this thread put graysblue on ignore and lets all bad rep him! I think people are reading to much into this clique rubbish. I am not part of a clique I am myself, I am Ricey. I post in the live chat thread, I also post on SoL, I post everywhere. Yes I have met a load of people who post in the live chat thread but I have also met a load of other people. Like the SZFC lads and some of the mods.

I am a neutral and yes I know I have the most posts in the live chat thread, that is mainly because I am a sad individual that has no life. I am single and have lots of spare time on my hands so I post alot. I like a nice chat so I go into the live thread. There is not a clique plain and simple.

hence the original reason for this post, surely if you are going to dig someone out, reply to the post you are upset about or make a new post that's clear enough for them to see it!!

I do not condone what Dave wrote as it was a little below the belt but I think he was just wound up by what graysblue was saying because he was winding him up. That is why he was banned for being a wind up merchant, which there seems to be alot of them on the forum these days.

I wasn't refering to you or anything you have posted. Read it again and look at who posted it and then take a look at some of his back catalogue. Then look at who supports that poster unquestionably then come back and tell me there isn't a clique.

I wasn't refering to you or anything you have posted. Read it again and look at who posted it and then take a look at some of his back catalogue. Then look at who supports that poster unquestionably then come back and tell me there isn't a clique.

I know your not referring to me Harry and I am not trying to have a pop at you because I like your posts, your a funny bloke. But I think people are taking this 'Clique' rubbish a little bit out of context. Some people have a short fuse and are easily wound up. I am a prime example but of recent have held back and I think Aberdeen Shrimper is the same there is only so much you can hold back untill you blow.

Also to further clear the air, I haven't got anybody on here on "ignore" banned or otherwise!!!

Ditto me nither. I just choose to ignore some people but like to see what they write anyway.

Hold what back? He hasn't been personally abused and hasn't had suggestions made about his background or childhood but he has repeatedly resorted to personal jibes about other posters when he thinks he will get the backing from others or when he is losing an arguement. Graysblue hadn't done any of that and got banned for the crime of being a wind-up. Double standards me thinks.

My twopenneth:

The "c" word seems to raise it's head every six months or so. Last time it was over thread diversion which, to be fair, got out of hand and I think the perpertrators toned down and kept to the pub (yes I was the main naughty boy).

The idea of this clique is self percieved and I cannot see ANY evidence of it on Shrimperzone - you know, I knew absolutely no one on here before I started posting a few years back now I'm good mates with a number of people, and I've had some great nights, especially at the BBQ end of last season - and yes J, that includes you.

As for calling people by their first name: Well, as soon as I meet people in the Spread or wherever I fall into that rather than calling them by their username. Dave(s)/Senga/Richard(s)/Matty(s)/James(s) etc.... I even find myself calling Dad of Dave The Shrimper Peter, or GHG Alan. Tell you what Defiler, come meet me at the TCB on the 29th and no doubt I'll start saying, "Hi Pete/John/Steve/Julia!" (whatever the case may be!).

The reasons why I post so much on here during the week is because I've got the dullest, most lax job on the planet. (Maybe should say I should get a new one, but I'm 10 mins from home, I finish at 3pm and I'm paid a good whack.) I can literally go for weeks without anything to do, and with Shrimperzone I'd go bananas. Maybe if I could get onto Facebook or other sites it'd be difference, but they're banned by NR filters.

My politics may be left of centre but you know I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with Grays Blue, J, True Blue, Rusty, Cockles, Steveo, Carl etc etc and sing my heart out for our wonderful little team - and that's the thing that binds up all together! The (few) highs, the (many) lows and the occasional moments of sheer brilliance that add so much to our lives!

So please, lets forget the "c" word. Come join in on the Live Thread, post utter nonsense like the rest of us and HAVE A LAUGH!

My name is Paul and I'm a Shrimper through and through. Pleased to meet you all and look forward to seeing you at the Huddersfield game.

Hold what back? He hasn't been personally abused and hasn't had suggestions made about his background or childhood but he has repeatedly resorted to personal jibes about other posters when he thinks he will get the backing from others or when he is losing an arguement. Graysblue hadn't done any of that and got banned for the crime of being a wind-up. Double standards me thinks.

Well as said in the other thread if you don't agree with what Aberdeen Shrimper is saying then report his posts. Thats all you can do, if you have an issue with the nature of the way graysblue was treated then contact the mods. Put your case across to the courts.....

My twopenneth:

The "c" word seems to raise it's head every six months or so. Last time it was over thread diversion which, to be fair, got out of hand and I think the perpertrators toned down and kept to the pub (yes I was the main naughty boy).

The idea of this clique is self percieved and I cannot see ANY evidence of it on Shrimperzone - you know, I knew absolutely no one on here before I started posting a few years back now I'm good mates with a number of people, and I've had some great nights, especially at the BBQ end of last season - and yes J, that includes you.

As for calling people by their first name: Well, as soon as I meet people in the Spread or wherever I fall into that rather than calling them by their username. Dave(s)/Senga/Richard(s)/Matty(s)/James(s) etc.... I even find myself calling Dad of Dave The Shrimper Peter, or GHG Alan. Tell you what Defiler, come meet me at the TCB on the 29th and no doubt I'll start saying, "Hi Pete/John/Steve/Julia!" (whatever the case may be!).

The reasons why I post so much on here during the week is because I've got the dullest, most lax job on the planet. (Maybe should say I should get a new one, but I'm 10 mins from home, I finish at 3pm and I'm paid a good whack.) I can literally go for weeks without anything to do, and with Shrimperzone I'd go bananas. Maybe if I could get onto Facebook or other sites it'd be difference, but they're banned by NR filters.

My politics may be left of centre but you know I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with Grays Blue, J, True Blue, Rusty, Cockles, Steveo, Carl etc etc and sing my heart out for our wonderful little team - and that's the thing that binds up all together! The (few) highs, the (many) lows and the occasional moments of sheer brilliance that add so much to our lives!

So please, lets forget the "c" word. Come join in on the Live Thread, post utter nonsense like the rest of us and HAVE A LAUGH!

My name is Paul and I'm a Shrimper through and through. Pleased to meet you all and look forward to seeing you at the Huddersfield game.

Tremendous post MK!!

The supposed 'C' word members often relpy to my posts, give rep, and joke on the live thread, and with a daily post average of about 0.2 per day I don't think you could say I'm with the in crowd!

I cannot see any evidence of it either, after all we are all in love with the same thing, and that's the mighty Blues.

This site should be about laughing and chatting with people who have the same interests in my view, not winding people up or posting abuse. I really can't see the point! :soapbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back