• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

It is obviously a subject close to my heart, as it is with most ex-pats. I read somewhere (on the Southend United Football Club FB page?) that streaming in the National League was forbidden due to rights issues with BT Sport who show games from that division. At the same time someone said that free commentary of games would be available on local radio I don't know what truth there is in that but I'd have great doubts that ifollow would be put in place for a couple of relegated clubs. even for a limited time. I'd clearly be interested, even if it were just streaming for home games. I hope Tom Lawrence or the Commercial Department will look into it as I'm sure any source of income would be welcomed
Correct in both points re: broadcast and radio.
BBC's local commentary is available for free online each and every game, providing the BBC send someone.
Last season, the spartan support for Eastleigh were up in arms because Radio Solent decided to save money by sending their freelance guy somewhere else.

Correct in both points re: broadcast and radio.
BBC's local commentary is available for free online each and every game, providing the BBC send someone.
Last season, the spartan support for Eastleigh were up in arms because Radio Solent decided to save money by sending their freelance guy somewhere else.

Is that certain? It hasn't been in the past because it has been used on iFollow. It would be great for me if radio commentary for away games was allowed live on the internet.

Many have mentioned BT Sport. Are these games free to watch then? You can't get a day pass like you can with Sky Sports.

Many have mentioned BT Sport. Are these games free to watch then? You can't get a day pass like you can with Sky Sports.

You'll need a BT Sport subscription to watch the live games. I'd expect us to get a few, especially an early one if we're away to the likes of Weymouth or Kings Lynn, prime territory for a nice drubbing and a 'welcome to non-league' feel.
They have a highlights programme as well, which is then 'free' on that Premier Sports channel you don't need a subscription for.

The other place to watch out for games is BT Sport youtube channel, they sometimes put games on there.

Yes, I'd be happy to pay as well. As I said earlier I don't see why the live stream shouldn't be available for away matches, at least. In order to prevent home fans watching it wouldn't be available on a one match only basis and I guess we would have to pay a full annual subscription.

Bearing in mind how pleased the club sounds about last season's income from iFollow:

It would be good if away games offered a choice of backgrounds like Zoom does so it doesn't look as if we are playing down the local park.
What would you prefer?
Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…
The real problem is how low the cameras will have to go at the likes of Maidenhead. At least you'll get the same view as Phil!

What would you prefer?
Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…
The real problem is how low the cameras will have to go at the likes of Maidenhead. At least you'll get the same view as Phil!
Will you be able to see the scoreboard?
(Its over there between the land and the sky)

What would you prefer?
Maidenhead have a scaffolding gantry which commands a good view

Why do we want live streaming? I thought most would want to go to live football matches now? It's been over year and half! Actually I did get to go 2 games.

Back