• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

Can't you get commentary on the BBC Essex website?
Have now posted various links to the BBC site showing that non-league commentaries, provided the BBC local station covers their team(s), have been available in the UK for at least three seasons.
BBC London never had the resources to cover Sutton, (Barnet and Orient when there was more their taste) so produced their own free version.
Does the club know something else, and is therefore charging £45?
BTW, that sounds pricey.

Last edited:
This is what International subscribers to ifollow are being ofered for next season.Note there won't be any live matches.

"we are writing to you to explain some important information with regards to your iFollow Blues Season Pass subscription.

Following the relegation of Southend United to the National League, your Season Pass subscription for the 2021/22 Season will reduce to £45 and be renamed Blues TV.

Please note: International fans will no longer have access to live match footage due to broadcasting rights in the National League if fans return to stadiums next season.

Your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st July 2021. Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service:
Season Pass
Total Price: £45 or local equivalent (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Season
Payment method: we will use the same payment details that you provided for your 2020/21 Season Pass.

You do not need to do anything, this will happen automatically. However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2021/22 Season, or wish to use an alternative payment method, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 24th June 2021, or you may be charged."

Please note our Terms and Conditions apply to your renewed subscription.

We look forward to welcoming you to the 2021/22 Season where you’ll be able to continue receiving access to exclusive Club videos and live match day content!

If you have any queries regarding your account or the auto-renewal process, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

EFL Digital"

Last edited:
Well that’s £45 I won’t be spending, so the club will get nothing out of me all season.

Might be worth it for this:-"The Audio Monthly Pass for £45.00 offers access to live commentary for all the games during the season, full match replays, interviews, and highlights".

Certainly cheaper than the 160,00 euros I paid last season.Mind you that included all our live games home and away.

Do not pay !!!, Ifollow is only for the EFL - BT hold the rights to the national league - this season they supplied some equipment to clubs to enable them to stream and charge on PPV basis however every club by the rules of the national league has to produce highlights and put them on the clubs website by the following day .

also BT show one game every Saturday (5:15 kick off ) this game is not allowed to be streamed by the club- a highlight show follows this which I also believe appears free of charge on YouTube.

most clubs also have free radio commentary either provided by the bbc or via the home teams media set up .

the national league is waiting on a government decision re- full stadiums for next season if restrictions are still in place home teams will still be able to live stream games on a PPV basis.

Do not pay !!!, Ifollow is only for the EFL - BT hold the rights to the national league - this season they supplied some equipment to clubs to enable them to stream and charge on PPV basis however every club by the rules of the national league has to produce highlights and put them on the clubs website by the following day .

also BT show one game every Saturday (5:15 kick off ) this game is not allowed to be streamed by the club- a highlight show follows this which I also believe appears free of charge on YouTube.

most clubs also have free radio commentary either provided by the bbc or via the home teams media set up .

the national league is waiting on a government decision re- full stadiums for next season if restrictions are still in place home teams will still be able to live stream games on a PPV basis.
I think if crowds are fully allowed back it’ll be a shame if the NL or the club don’t organise something for those who are exiles, or unable or feel not quite ready to go. Seems a missed opportunity in terms of extra revenue. Bit like home-working, it’s a way of doing things that has been forced by the pandemic but some have grown to like (prefer?) ..

Last edited:
You can understand many NL teams not bothering, as they don’t have many fans Living overseas or in other areas of the country.

There are probably a handful of teams, such as us, Notts County, Chesterfield etc that probably have up to 1,000 or more fans that would want this service.

I think we probably have the most as most people born in South Essex want to leave for a nicer place to live at some stage :ROFL:

Yeah, like the idea of Blues TV when it's a radio service.
Do they think fans are that slow they won't work out they can get the commentary for free?
The club often don't think it through, do they?
As for live broadcast, the NL are beholding to BT who won't allow their 'product' to be compromised unless they get something as per PPV last season.

So there is a simple question. From Europe, can you get commentary on line or will you require VPN? For me it's better than nothing and I've got a couple of weeks to see whether anything else is on offer. It's a big come down though, rather like giving up colour tv and being obliged to return to black & white.

Well I hope the club thinks about it anyways. Judging by the amount of iFollow passes that were sold year, (36,000 or so, which would mean we averaged around 800 passes a game) that would be enough to hopefully get them considering doing some sort of live stream service. Specially if it might all the money was going towards the club this time around.

Can anyone tell me how to cancel my £4.99 per month subscription to the Blues iFollow?
Don't know whether this answers your question but TUIB posted this earlier.
"However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2021/22 Season, or wish to use an alternative payment method, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 24th June 2021, or you may be charged."

Don't know whether this answers your question but TUIB posted this earlier.
"However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2021/22 Season, or wish to use an alternative payment method, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 24th June 2021, or you may be charged."
Thanks for that. I missed that post. UTB

Well I hope the club thinks about it anyways. Judging by the amount of iFollow passes that were sold year, (36,000 or so, which would mean we averaged around 800 passes a game) that would be enough to hopefully get them considering doing some sort of live stream service. Specially if it might all the money was going towards the club this time around.

In a business orientated, free enterprise economy you would have thought so but this is SUFC we're talking about.Much cheaper to outsource any streaming service and let someone else take the risk.Hopefully if we don't get out of the NL at the first time of asking there'll be a rethink. :Sad:

So there is a simple question. From Europe, can you get commentary on line or will you require VPN? For me it's better than nothing and I've got a couple of weeks to see whether anything else is on offer. It's a big come down though, rather like giving up colour tv and being obliged to return to black & white.
Can you log on to the BBC radio site from where you are?
That should answer your question.
All non-league games (provided there is a commentary in the first place) are free to air in the UK.
That might not be the same abroad, but worth checking, starting Saturday for the play-offs.

Back