• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

Can you log on to the BBC radio site from where you are?
That should answer your question.
All non-league games (provided there is a commentary in the first place) are free to air in the UK.
That might not be the same abroad, but worth checking, starting Saturday for the play-offs.
It won't answer his question. Logging on to the site is possible for all. The problem will occur for overseas users without a VPN (like me) when trying to stream the rights restricted content.

Whenever I’ve tried listening to BBC Essex online during commentary, it’s always been blocked regardless of where I am. So if you can’t pick it up on DAB or FM I think you’ll have to subscribe to Blues TV or whatever it’s called.

Can you log on to the BBC radio site from where you are?
That should answer your question.
All non-league games (provided there is a commentary in the first place) are free to air in the UK.
That might not be the same abroad, but worth checking, starting Saturday for the play-offs.
Thanks for that. I have a feeling the answer will be negative but it's certainly worth a try. I can get live commentary of Essex CCC without a problem but I'm not at all sure the same rights restrictions apply.

Whenever I’ve tried listening to BBC Essex online during commentary, it’s always been blocked regardless of where I am. So if you can’t pick it up on DAB or FM I think you’ll have to subscribe to Blues TV or whatever it’s called.
That's because you were trying to listen to an EFL match.
The rules are different for non league.

Thanks for that. I have a feeling the answer will be negative but it's certainly worth a try. I can get live commentary of Essex CCC without a problem but I'm not at all sure the same rights restrictions apply.
I use NordVPN which enables you to use an IP address from any country you select. You should also use the Brave browser and then you can get any BBC commentary that is meant to be restricted to the UK. NordVPN is inexpensive and you will find many youtubers or podcasters with promotions on it to drive down the cost further, The Brave browser is free.

I use NordVPN which enables you to use an IP address from any country you select. You should also use the Brave browser and then you can get any BBC commentary that is meant to be restricted to the UK. NordVPN is inexpensive and you will find many youtubers or podcasters with promotions on it to drive down the cost further, The Brave browser is free.
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. One problem is that I already subscribe to TranponderTV which, with the choice I made, has a ten hour recording facility. (but, of course, it doesn't facilitate commentry on Blue's games!) If I understand correctly, a VPN will allow me to view iplayer etc. It's a question of sorting out priorities and avoiding too much duplication

This was brought up on the call yesterday. Doesn't sound like it's something the club are interested in doing, plus there's some issues with overseas broadcasting

I told them to stick it up their jumper. No vision,I can get the wireless over the internet for nothing.

Used to like my late night vision of Southend matches, used to send me to sleep.

I told them to stick it up their jumper. No vision,I can get the wireless over the internet for nothing.

Used to like my late night vision of Southend matches, used to send me to sleep.
Yes, I just got BBC Radio Essex loud and clear. My worry is that, come the moment of the game, I won't get the sudden appearance that awful, repeating message about not being available in your area. (As often can happen on Radio 5 Live) Someone suggested earlier that it may be an idea to try it out when Notts County meet Chesterfield tomorrow. Just need to find the local radio applicable to one pr both of the clubs.

Yes, it proves what I said all along!
But, I think you're abroad, right? That bodes well for next season.
And again, how the club are charging for the same thing beats me!
Looking at a number of options at the moment and to be frank, Blues TV (a misnomer, if there ever was one!) doesn't stand out too well. A VPN may be a bit more expensive but brings rather more to the table than just an assured avenue to Blues commentary.

Still not sure about this. I am really annoyed at the club for not even thinking about this. I might email them. Any ideas on an email address?

This was brought up on the call yesterday. Doesn't sound like it's something the club are interested in doing, plus there's some issues with overseas broadcasting

It was pointed out to Ron that some of the NL stadiums wouldn't be large enough to hold hundreds of Southend fans and the government might continue to limit attendances anyway. I think Tom said it was "on the list" as far as the possibility of streaming away matches was concerned. Can anyone confirm that my memory of the video is correct....?

Back