• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

I've just had an email about my ifollow and whether to renew it. Anyone know whether it will work next season?
Don’t bother....they won’t have pictures and what they give you is on BBC Essex....save 50 odd quid

How can you access the BBC Radio Essex commentary from other parts of England? Is it available on the BBC website?

A really sad moment. I've just cancelled my ifollow subscription. I then had an sudden afterthought that I would forfeit seeing highlights of games......................but then quickly reminded myself, it's only commentary!!!! I suppose there may be highlights of the games BTsport has decided to cover but even then, it's not the same as watching live! Thus, my options are open for next season and if, in the end, ifollow did look beneficial..............I could always rejoin!:Smile:

it's not like fans would choose not to go to the game and watch it on a laptop.

You'd be surprised actually, I know a few people who live within 2 miles of the ground and even before Covid always watched online by hiding their VPN and being able to buy a abroad pass.

I've just had an email about my ifollow and whether to renew it. Anyone know whether it will work next season?
I wrote to them stating my club was no longer in the EFL.
They replied advising my membership would not be renewed and look forward to my return. ( Next Season Hopefully ?:LoyalSupporter:

BBC is Essex is a right pain as I only have a digital radio and can never get it.

May have to invest in a cheap FM radio as there will be plenty of away games I won't go to.

Having read this thread I realise I should have said that I live in London, so only really wanting the commentary. Especially after watching us these last few seasons....
And that commentary is going to be free on the BBC, is that right?

Would be good to know if that is right. I live in Suffolk and just out of BBC Essex range. Since moving, I have purchased an Ifollow Audio pass, which now will not be available.

I have to say it feels awful to me, a bit like a death in the family. For the first time in my life i was able to watch every game, including the abysmal cup performances, and got used to it, even the misery. Didnt even mind forking out close to £500 to suffer the pain, thanks Ron by the way

Now its back to the rotten old radio at best

Still dont fully understand why it must be that way and why we cant organise something ourselves, Over to Toms agenda/ list item he spoke of

Surely there's a significant income opportunity waiting to be grabbed there if possible

I get the point about bums on seats but not many of our Lower nethers will be rushing to Gateshead on a Tuesday night or whenever

I have to say it feels awful to me, a bit like a death in the family. For the first time in my life i was able to watch every game, including the abysmal cup performances, and got used to it, even the misery. Didnt even mind forking out close to £500 to suffer the pain, thanks Ron by the way

Still dont fully understand why it must be that way and why we cant organise something ourselves, Over to Toms agenda/ list item he spoke of

Surely there's a significant income opportunity waiting to be grabbed there if possible

I get the point about bums on seats but not many of our Lower nethers will be rushing to Gateshead on a Tuesday night or whenever
There is the issue of broadcasting rights and all the conditions related to those rights. ?

I guess streaming will depend a lot of restrictions. If away fans are still unable to travel then they will possibly allow streaming.

Have you seen the FA Trophy draw?

How can you access the BBC Radio Essex commentary from other parts of England? Is it available on the BBC website?
I think I may have answered this a few times on this thread.

Over the last four seasons, radio commentary for National League games has been streamed via the BBC website for ALL games where there is BBC commentary in the first place.

Exceptions have been for the likes of Sutton, who don't have a dedicated area.
The same for Barnet, Orient, Wealdstone, and Dagenham who all fall under the BBC London banner - so of course, a choice for one of them tends to get made.

But even York City, in National League North get game-by-game commentary because there is a BBC York.

I think someone else tried it before the end of the season from abroad, and also accessed games, but not 100% sure on that.

I don't get why Blues think they can charge for commentary when it's free on the BBC, unless they know something we don't?

Do we know that BBC Essex will definitely be providing full commentary for our matches in the NL? Hitherto they have only provided match updates for Essex sides playing at NL level.

I have just taken a look at the BBC Essex Sport web page and they only have news on there about Col U, no news about us or our signings whatsoever. In 'About the Programme' on that page it does say ' Join BBC Essex Sport every Saturday afternoon from 2pm for exclusive live commentary of every Colchester and Southend United game' but I suspect that may not have been updated from last season. With local BBC radio station budgets constantly under scrutiny I just wonder whether they draw the line at EFL status and simply provide minimal coverage of those below that level.

It will be interesting to know if anyone on here has certain information regarding the level of their coverage.

Do we know that BBC Essex will definitely be providing full commentary for our matches in the NL? Hitherto they have only provided match updates for Essex sides playing at NL level...

When Braintree Town were in the National League, BBC Essex provided free online full commentary for all their matches via the BBC Sport website. Although the BBC will constantly be reviewing their budget for local sport coverage, there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t intend to do the same for us, especially as coverage of our matches would attract more interest than Braintree’s would.

I’m fairly certain BBC Radio Nottingham continued to provide full radio commentary of Notts County matches, at least on Saturday afternoons when they had a sports programme, last season, and wouldn’t be surprised if BBC Essex did likewise and continued to split frequencies, but I have no inside info.

Back