• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

usa_shrimper

Coach
So for all the ex pats out there who will be watching online through live streaming, what sites do people use, for the last couple of years I've been using wizwig.com but that got closed down in January, so I for one am in need of a new reliable site...

More and more streaming sites are being shut down daily as UK and European ISPs toe the anti-piracy line.

Instead I use software called Kodi/XBMC on my laptop (and also on a little Raspberry Pi (around £35 complete kit from eBay) connected to my TV via HDMI) to access HD quality live streams, movies, concerts, and TV shows. For UK football, there are many video add-ons that deliver Sky Sports and BT Sport, as well as a number of foreign stations (e.g. Silk TV from Georgia) that deliver the video stream with their own commentary.

It's not as fast as Freeview or Sky+ but it's all free (and no more or less legal than streaming from the web). Availability is not always predictable but with patience I can always find a match if it is being broadcast live somewhere in the world. Phoenix TV is about the best all-round; I watched the Chesterfield vs. Preston match last night without any issue at all.

More and more streaming sites are being shut down daily as UK and European ISPs toe the anti-piracy line.

Instead I use software called Kodi/XBMC on my laptop (and also on a little Raspberry Pi (around £35 complete kit from eBay) connected to my TV via HDMI) to access HD quality live streams, movies, concerts, and TV shows. For UK football, there are many video add-ons that deliver Sky Sports and BT Sport, as well as a number of foreign stations (e.g. Silk TV from Georgia) that deliver the video stream with their own commentary.

It's not as fast as Freeview or Sky+ but it's all free (and no more or less legal than streaming from the web). Availability is not always predictable but with patience I can always find a match if it is being broadcast live somewhere in the world. Phoenix TV is about the best all-round; I watched the Chesterfield vs. Preston match last night without any issue at all.

Just hooked this up. Awesome.

Installed Kodi and then followed these instructions to get Phoenix

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

I've got Sky but not Sky Sports. Was going to register for Now TV and get a one day pass for Sky Sports to stream but need either a wifi dongle for the xbox, a long Cat 5 cable or watch on the tablet but it's too small.

Looks like it's £24.99 for a months subscription to Sky Sports then. At least a get a months sports viewing for the same price as going to one game

Now TV does work quite well normally, but for very popular sporting events like Sunday, the volume of users can bring it to its knees. The Liverpool game where Gerrard slipped was my experience and missed the entire second half with bad buffering in the first. Can you imagine how bad it would be with the Mighty Shrimpers on the box ;-). Used to be able to buy a crate of carling with a free one day pass on it. Not sure they still do?
NowTV is wifi, so just need to connect to wireless router. No ethernet required; just power and hdmi socket - no?
Problem with turning on Sky Sports for a month is that its easy to turn on, but to turn off, phoning, queuing then they try to talk you out of it... Quite easy for us Shrimpers, just say I'll subscribe for every month that Southend are broadcast live.

Now TV does work quite well normally, but for very popular sporting events like Sunday, the volume of users can bring it to its knees. The Liverpool game where Gerrard slipped was my experience and missed the entire second half with bad buffering in the first. Can you imagine how bad it would be with the Mighty Shrimpers on the box ;-). Used to be able to buy a crate of carling with a free one day pass on it. Not sure they still do?
NowTV is wifi, so just need to connect to wireless router. No ethernet required; just power and hdmi socket - no?
Problem with turning on Sky Sports for a month is that its easy to turn on, but to turn off, phoning, queuing then they try to talk you out of it... Quite easy for us Shrimpers, just say I'll subscribe for every month that Southend are broadcast live.

Just got it for £18 a month. An hour or so extra overtime a month could pay for that going forwards....decisions decisions

I've got Sky but not Sky Sports. Was going to register for Now TV and get a one day pass for Sky Sports to stream but need either a wifi dongle for the xbox, a long Cat 5 cable or watch on the tablet but it's too small.

Looks like it's £24.99 for a months subscription to Sky Sports then. At least a get a months sports viewing for the same price as going to one game

Tried home plugs? Maplin do reasonably priced ones.

For Australian residents the first game will be LIVE at 3:05am on beIN. If you don't have that channel then I suggest livetv.sx.

The second leg is also LIVE but only online. It starts at 4:15am.

For Australian residents the first game will be LIVE at 3:05am on beIN. If you don't have that channel then I suggest livetv.sx.

I'm surprised the games here aren't scheduled for a more friendly time for you aussies .................. after all, the Football League and Sly don't give a toss about the fans who try to attend the games (and have to travel back often when public transport options are limited). :sad:

I'm surprised the games here aren't scheduled for a more friendly time for you aussies .................. after all, the Football League and Sly don't give a toss about the fans who try to attend the games (and have to travel back often when public transport options are limited). :sad:

Last year we had a 12pm kick off for Burton second leg. This was awesome as it was at 8:30 at night in SA. We get our good times and bad times. I'm prepared to battle through these two if Southend can win it.

The beIN channels are also,widely available on Kodi. If anybody is going to try this approach it probably is a good idea to try it out on the Plymouth v Wycombe match this evening.

First Row Free Live Sports has been easy to put on and appears to be working well..........don't think I'll bother looking any further. Wycombe already 0-2 up at Plymouth, who can consider themselves a little unlucky, as there seemed to be a clear hand-ball in the build up to the goal.

Back