• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the summariser said in the build up to the game that reveral of the liverpool team were regulars for the the reserves and three had been given squad numbers.

The thing that struck me about the Liverpool side were the number of players who had been brought in, Sterling was only signed recently from QPR (for a fee which could go as high as 5M) One of the subs, Regan, was a recent signing from Blackburn and there were players brought in from Spain and Hungary too.

Of the two ex Southend lads, Stevens ? the goalkeeper and Ngoo didn't play . The keeper is now the no2 chice and Ngoo is still injured.

They were a completely different league , it showed , but the SUFC kids never gave up , although Duane did stop chasing down pretty early.
TBH I thought they looked nervy and overawed in the first 15, but once the nerves went we started shipping goals.

In the interview with Rodololfo Burrell after the game, he said that he didn't like scores like that in a youth game and that it flattered them, he said we were a good side who had beaten two Premier academy teams in the earlier rounds and that we played well.

To me Sterling was the difference, he was virtually unplayable and caused our defence to lose shape covering him. We may have been tighter with Kane in there (Iorfa was struggling to get fit according to Mondays echo) and I think the respect we showed them early may have played into their hands, If Stevens had gone through Sterling early doors he may have been a bit more tentative....

Just looked him up on Wiki, 18 a week on Saturday.

More importantly, and already my favourite fact of the day, his middle name is an awesome Ebeneezer. If Julian Ebeneezer N A Okai ever get's into the first team, there's a ready made song for him, eez a good, eez a good, eez Ebeneezer good....

Singing Ebeneezer Goode is all well and, er, good but he's not good, he's just Okai.

I'll get my coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back