• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liverpool/Southend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 14 2005,15:54)]It was Ray Kennedy and Emlyn I was refering to

Both fine players
And Ray Clemence is battling cancer as well.
sad.gif
Best of luck to him...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 14 2005,15:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 14 2005,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ April 14 2005,14:40)]You say 2 have passed on? I know Emlyn Hughes died last year but who else is no longer with us then?
Did Ray Kennedy not die a couple of years back?
He had to sell some of his medals to pay for his treatment or something IIRC, wasn't it Leukiemia as well as Parkinson's Disease?
It was Ray Kennedy and Emlyn I was refering to

Both fine players
Are you sure Ray Kennedy is dead? I thought he was still battling Parkinsons disease?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Snowy @ April 14 2005,13:47)]Hold on let me consult my program..................

Would that be at Roots Hall or Anfield?? I have both.
I was at both games.
biggrin.gif

Went on the Kop for the replay - I liked to live dangerously in those days!!
cool.gif

Talking of Kennedy, I was chatting with my Shakers supporting mate... supposedly Bury's young full-back, Tom Kennedy (only 19) - nephew of Ray and Alan, I think - is definitely one to watch out for.

I trust that someone at the club is keeping tabs on him...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 14 2005,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 14 2005,15:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 14 2005,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ April 14 2005,14:40)]You say 2 have passed on? I know Emlyn Hughes died last year but who else is no longer with us then?
Did Ray Kennedy not die a couple of years back?
He had to sell some of his medals to pay for his treatment or something IIRC, wasn't it Leukiemia as well as Parkinson's Disease?
It was Ray Kennedy and Emlyn I was refering to

Both fine players
Are you sure Ray Kennedy is dead? I thought he was still battling Parkinsons disease?
No. He's not dead just yet. But he is 11th in the Derby Dead Pool for 2005 (one place behind the Pope) :

Derby Dead Pool

WS

Went to both games as well. Anyone recall that bloke in shakesphere drive selling hot chestnuts on his driveway??

After speaking to Alan Kennedy last night, now theres a man who loves his football, he got dropped for the Southend game and Emlyn Hughes took his place. He remembers sitting at the back of Roots Hall and freezing his balls off.

Oh, and he wishes us all the best for the run-in, he knows Spinner!

My Mistake, Apologies to Ray...

It must be a bit of a rarity in the programme world, as the programmes for both the original game and the replay did not show the date the match was actually played.
Our game being due to be played on the saturday and the replay was delayed for 2 days (Monday to Wednesday iirc)

absolute classics and a standing ovation from the Kop afterwards.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 14 2005,22:36)]Tom Kennedy (only 19) - nephew of Ray and Alan
Ray & Alan Kennedy aren't related are they?
If so, blimey, you learn something new every day!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norfolk Shrimper @ April 15 2005,08:59)]Went to both games as well. Anyone recall that bloke in shakesphere drive selling hot chestnuts on his driveway??
Any one want a kebab ?

How times change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 15 2005,09:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 15 2005,09:14)]After speaking to Alan Kennedy last night
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesusssssssssssssssssssss!

wink.gif
laugh.gif

couldnt help myself, sorry, i was on the same table as him. Other SZ posters were in attendance as well.

Back