• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liverpool V Manure

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but a good old fashion blood and guts derby game with plenty of passion, crap passing, missed opportunities and the obligatory 4 or 5 yellows and 2 reds.

If Fergy thought that the refereeing fraternity were against him before today, then it will be well and truly compounded, how Carragher stayed on the pitch is beyond me and how Lucas avoided a yellow was a shocker.

Right result at the end of the day though

Last edited:
Only saw the last 20 minutes. Carragher should have gone, Owen was in.

For a premier league footballer, Nani's first touch is shocking.

Is Howard Webb injured or something? I can't remember seeing him referee a game for some time and he is, by a mile, the best referee the country has to offer and should be officiating these kind of games.

Thought it was a dire, tentative game that United could have so easily capitalised on with the correct team selection. Liverpool were fractious, short on confidence and a tenacious midfield that gave them no time to think would've caused them no end of problems. For that reason, I was shocked to see Anderson, especially considering how well he played on Tuesday, to not play any part in the proceedings.

Marriner tried to let the game flow, which is commendable, but that soon descended into a farce as he let Lucas off a yellow 5 or 6 times. A stronger referee would've seen him sent off. Speaking of Lucas... That boy has robbed a living, he has no discernible talent for the game other than being an athlete and a complete pain in the arse.

This leads me into the Carragher decision which, quite frankly, was an appauling mistake to make. Bearing in mind Carragher went right through Rooney after he turned him 10 minutes earlier, In my eyes it was a professional foul as he grabbed Owen back and was the last man... One of the clearest red card's you're likely to see.

Torres done absolutely nothing apart from score the goal, which was a fantastic piece of strength and pace to hold off Ferdinand before producing a strong finish. The way he sulked around Anfield, throwing himself to the floor at the slightest contact in the first half was digusting and disappointing to see from a player with such ability.

This leads me into the Carragher decision which, quite frankly, was an appauling mistake to make. Bearing in mind Carragher went right through Rooney after he turned him 10 minutes earlier, In my eyes it was a professional foul as he grabbed Owen back and was the last man... One of the clearest red card's you're likely to see.

Carra said after the game that he got fouled! That made me chuckle!

Torres done absolutely nothing apart from score the goal, which was a fantastic piece of strength and pace to hold off Ferdinand before producing a strong finish. The way he sulked around Anfield, throwing himself to the floor at the slightest contact in the first half was digusting and disappointing to see from a player with such ability.

That's what top draw strikers do!

Back