• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lloyd Owusu

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Just remind me lads and lasses - Lloyd Owusu is possibly one of the worst lumps of a striker we've come up against in recent years isn't he?

Just that there's a rumour he's signing for Adelaide over here in the A-League and I've been telling people how awful he is. Can anyone assure me my memory is correct.....?

He was on loan at Brighton at the end of the season, and he was pretty instrumental in helping them stay up - 7 goals in 14 games I think. Not as much of a waste of space as that other former Brighton-ite, Bas Savage. Looking at reports, it does seem like he's been offered a 2 year deal at Adelaide - can't really blame him, shouldn't think Cheltenham holds much attraction for him.

Just remind me lads and lasses - Lloyd Owusu is possibly one of the worst lumps of a striker we've come up against in recent years isn't he?

Just that there's a rumour he's signing for Adelaide over here in the A-League and I've been telling people how awful he is. Can anyone assure me my memory is correct.....?

When he was at Brentford he always seemed to score a hat trick against us, two in one season IIRC. From what I have seen recently he is as mobile as lamp post with a turning circle of 747.

I have family in Adelaide who go to the United games, being all exiled down under Shrimpers, I am sure they'll be "thrilled".

Well lets face it, any exports to the Australian League are hardly going to be up and coming youngsters.

His goalscoring record, suppose it could be worse.

Slough Town 7 appearances 9 goals
Brentford 163 appearances 64 goals
Sheffield Wednesday 51 appearances 9 goals
Reading (loan) 12 appearances 4 goals
Reading 29 appearances 6 goals
Brentford 49 appearances 12 goals
Yeovil 47 appearances 10 goals
Cheltenham 18 appearances 7 goals
Brighton (loan) 14 appearances 7 goals

I always hated it when he was on the team sheet, he always managed to score against us. Wasn't there rumours a couple of times that we were going to sign him?

I only remember him because he always seems to score against us. Will be glad to see the back of him.

Back