• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
As you know I have never ever bought the "we are completely skint" and so "lucky to still be in existance" bunch of bollox -

and now reading the club statement regarding how many players and the budget PS has had it seems we are indeed a

loadsa of money Lge 2 club ....

just thought it was worth a mention

Yeah man thats right, we never pay the taxman on time, players not paid on time regularly, local businesses owed thousands, rons collective companies millions and millions in debt, the club itself ten million in debt, insufficient funds to get property deals done to start stadium. Having to sell a number if youth prospects to get cash in. Yeah we are minted

ALL these Teams’ playing budgets are considerably less than Southend United’s and 4 out of the 5 teams are around half of what Southend United invest in “its” Squad. The amount of investment in players must be one of the fundamental criteria for success – otherwise I could argue that by cutting the Clubs budget in half we should still expect promotion. Our investment has enabled the Manager to build a squad both last year and this year of having more, quality, players at his disposal than most Teams in the League. Therefore in the event of injury or suspension other players were readily available to “step up to the plate” and prove themselves.

All Teams in football have injuries and when that has happened at Southend we have supported the Manager still further on every occasion. The Board has recently sanctioned an additional six players (5 loanees) to help maintain the challenge at the top end of the Table. However the form, just as it did last season, has dropped off when it should have been pushing for automatic promotion

well you see - I am well puzzled - it sounds like we are pretty well off ......

not broke at all -

also I was dreaming one night and i imagined something called sainsburys had us advanced 5 million pounds - very funny -really - very funny

qm.gif
qm.gif
seHUCOk.jpg

Now you mention it, why aren't we in the Premiership? :net:

Yeah man thats right, we never pay the taxman on time, players not paid on time regularly, local businesses owed thousands, rons collective companies millions and millions in debt, the club itself ten million in debt, insufficient funds to get property deals done to start stadium. Having to sell a number if youth prospects to get cash in. Yeah we are minted

always pay the taxman and always pay the players - (unless the manager is called tilson) - and of course we make a profit on player sales and of course the accounts have to show as much debt as possible ... doh

ALL these Teams’ playing budgets are considerably less than Southend United’s and 4 out of the 5 teams are around half of what Southend United invest in “its” Squad. The amount of investment in players must be one of the fundamental criteria for success – otherwise I could argue that by cutting the Clubs budget in half we should still expect promotion. Our investment has enabled the Manager to build a squad both last year and this year of having more, quality, players at his disposal than most Teams in the League. Therefore in the event of injury or suspension other players were readily available to “step up to the plate” and prove themselves.

All Teams in football have injuries and when that has happened at Southend we have supported the Manager still further on every occasion. The Board has recently sanctioned an additional six players (5 loanees) to help maintain the challenge at the top end of the Table. However the form, just as it did last season, has dropped off when it should have been pushing for automatic promotion

well you see - I am well puzzled - it sounds like we are pretty well off ......

not broke at all -

also I was dreaming one night and i imagined something called sainsburys had us advanced 5 million pounds - very funny -really - very funny

We have a playing budget. It's bigger than it should be, IMO, but is still far smaller than we were running with three or four years ago. It's also about a third of what Swindon had last year and there are many clubs in this division this year spending more than we are.

In your dream did you remember any multi-million pound tax bills that ate most of that Sainsburys money up?

always pay the taxman and always pay the players - (unless the manager is called tilson) - and of course we make a profit on player sales and of course the accounts have to show as much debt as possible ... doh

Yeah we pay the taxman (once we're taken to court) and yeah we pay the players (a few weeks after we should have done and sometimes not even with our money). But just out of interest, what difference does Tilson make on the players getting paid or not?

Rayleigh Boy is just about the only person who thinks we have plenty of money and the money that Sainsburys lend us is reallya free gift given Abramovich style!!!

Back