• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

well we are sitting on the most coveted retail space in the south east .....

never mind mate you keep on believing we're skint - because it easier than realising you have simply been led up the garden path...

Yeah, and you know those moon landings - well they were really filmed on a piece of waste ground at Fossetts Farm.

We have a playing budget. It's bigger than it should be, IMO, but is still far smaller than we were running with three or four years ago. It's also about a third of what Swindon had last year and there are many clubs in this division this year spending more than we are.

In your dream did you remember any multi-million pound tax bills that ate most of that Sainsburys money up?

of course my point is about a broad overview of the clubs position - and I read that as being excellent cos you can cash in Roots Hall at some point now that you have permission at FF -

he feeds the masses a load of we are skint bollox to keep expectations down ..... and every now and again slips up and gives the game away .... funny ....

Rayleigh Boy is just about the only person who thinks we have plenty of money and the money that Sainsburys lend us is reallya free gift given Abramovich style!!!

wakey wakey - we have loads of players - count them -

of course my point is about a broad overview of the clubs position - and I read that as being excellent cos you can cash in Roots Hall at some point now that you have permission at FF -

he feeds the masses a load of we are skint bollox to keep expectations down ..... and every now and again slips up and gives the game away .... funny ....
So Ron says when we employed Luggy that the aim is the championship in 5 years, how is that trying to keep expectations down?

well we are sitting on the most coveted retail space in the south east .....

never mind mate you keep on believing we're skint - because it easier than realising you have simply been led up the garden path...

Please tell us who "we" is because it's certainly not Southend United that owns it.

Perhaps this is where you're going wrong.

Please tell us who "we" is because it's certainly not Southend United that owns it.

Perhaps this is where you're going wrong.

I said we were sitting on it ..... never said we owned it - dissappointed in you

and now to add to our BIG squad and two ex CCC strikers, we have a perma-tanned ex Premshite manager -

WAHEY - LOADSA MONEY

qm.gif
qm.gif
seHUCOk.jpg

Is it wrong that I became fully erect when I saw this?

It's got everything; money, power and a devil may care hairdo.

and now to add to our BIG squad and two ex CCC strikers, we have a perma-tanned ex Premshite manager -

WAHEY - LOADSA MONEY

Hilarious thread that has cheered me up no end, and there's me thinking we're skint and we have outstanding loans all over the place and that ex-Directors are owed money for personal loans and that I dreamt about the umbongos.

I feel so much better now that I have read this thread and I will sleep soundly tonight in the knowledge that we've loadsamoney!!

Yeah I wonder why they are "ex" championship and not still there.

1. Real Madrid 479.7M Euros
2) Southend United 474, 975, 564 Euros
3) Barcelona 450M
4) Man Utd 367M
5) Bayern Munich 321M

Looks like Deloitte may agree!

I expect they get ex championship money too ... but its still a bit more than Harry Crawfords bung

This thread just gets funnier! Ex-championship money? So money they wouldn't get in the championship anymore .... sounds about right.

1. Real Madrid 479.7M Euros
2) Southend United 474, 975, 564 Euros
3) Barcelona 450M
4) Man Utd 367M
5) Bayern Munich 321M

Looks like Deloitte may agree!

Thats not one number for us, that's the amount in each of our 3 bank accounts. €474 in the tax mans account, €564 in the players wages account and €975 in the account for RMs hair stylist!

I said we were sitting on it ..... never said we owned it - dissappointed in you

But this is the point... I'm sitting in a 5 bedroom house in Leigh worth over 1/2 million but I don't own it so it's not mine and I can't do anything with it.

All your previous references, arguments and rants have been about the club having money and assets - we don't. We may be using them but they're not ours.

The real "crime" was selling Roots Hall for far less than it's worth from a position of weakness many years ago. But we can't turn the clock back can we?

come on Phil Brown Brown has a brand new Nissan Micra that needs tax and insurance - Ron must be topping up his job seekers

Back