• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loan 'Keeper

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
So, who do we think will be the loan 'keeper. I would like to see Royce back here. I do know he made himself available for loans earlier this season but I don't know where he is now.

Also, anyone reckon Bosnich could do a job for us?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 11 2004,11:58)]Also, anyone reckon Bosnich could do a job for us?  
biggrin.gif
He could probably do a job of getting the boys addicted to a variety of narcotics, allegedly....
cool.gif

Roycie or Sammy for me.

Yes, i know Sammy's in his forties now, but he and Roycie are both legends here and we are only talking about 1 game at the minute. Is Sammy GK coach somewhere local? I would suspect Roycie has been fixed up elsewhere by now...
cool.gif

I was told at the weekend that Roycie was up for a months loan, isn't he at Leicester, but didn't want to spend it on the bench.  If this is true he'll certainly have one game now and would more than likely stay in the side for the rest of the loan period.  Of course then Bart would be fit so Daryl's actions on Friday could have done himself no favours atall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Oct. 11 2004,12:13)]Peter Bonetti
biggrin.gif
Poor old Peter,the first touch of the ball was to pick it out the back of the net,dad and i were killing ourselves with laughter.If it's any conselation to him i don't think brucie would have saved it either

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exiledessexboy @ Oct. 11 2004,11:48)]I was told at the weekend that Roycie was up for a months loan, isn't he at Leicester, but didn't want to spend it on the bench.  If this is true he'll certainly have one game now and would more than likely stay in the side for the rest of the loan period.  Of course then Bart would be fit so Daryl's actions on Friday could have done himself no favours atall.
Roycie is 3rd choice at Charlton at the moment, and can't even get a regular game for their reserves because they've signed some Danish keeper to be their 2nd choice.

I thought that Tilly had intimated that the percieved lack of Midfield cover at the moment (Smith still out , Bentley suspended) was one reason for gambling on not signing a loanee reserve keeper, only 2 loans allowed at any one time and were there to be an injury in the Midfield a siging in there is more important. So rather than get a keeper in for a month, to cover a one match ban (although I would love to see Roycie back) I expect a week to week contract to be given to someone currently without a club.....

I'm pretty certain it's been upped to 4 loans at a time in the last year or so. Wycombe for example have 3 players currently on loan to them while Kidderminster have 4.

Andy Petterson is available at the moment actually. Could we be heading for Groundhog Day!?
laugh.gif

Royce starts tonight for Charlton reserves v Spurs, not sure if that's good or bad! (Chrissy Powell stays with the Hamsters for another month.)

The official site says that Tilson made enquiries for a new keeper over the weekend and has a couple of options now that he can offer first team football with the enforced absences [Bart - Injury & Darryl - Suspension] to our regular custodians.

Tilson Begins Keeper Search

Darryl's suspension IS only for one game!  
wink.gif

I think we should launch the Youth team goalie into the Swansea game. He is a big lad (height department!) and I am sure he needs blooding so why not now? If I am not mistaken wasn't Cambridge's keeper only 17?

I certainly agree he should have been on the bench on Friday but I still believe Royce is the man Tilson wants if he can get him.  He's obviously trying to get his old team back, is Dean Austin still registered!

Anyhow, a couple of mentions for Royce at Charlton's reserve game last night and if it is him I expect some movement today.

Powerfully meeting the swinging cross was Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Defendi, and although Royce got a low hand to the header, the ball wriggled away from the Charlton custodian and over the line.

It could have been 2-0 to Spurs midway through the half when Royce found Dean Marney's free-kick too hot to handle, but Edson Silva Sousa couldn't convert the rebound from close range.

Just before the hour Fulop had to save well from Varney, who had been skillfully teed up by the teasing Thomas before Royce had to get down quickly to a fierce drive from Michael Brown.

Charlton: Royce, Fuller, Konchesky, Long (Tnanda 88), Ricketts, Fish, Sam, McCafferty, Walker, Varney

Back