• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loan Deadline @ 1700 Thursday

SUFCFARAWAY

The emergency loan signing deadline closes at 1700 on Thursday 24th November. Will Tily get in one in the next 52 hours? Do we need anyone in until January? We have a very busy month ahead before then so maybe we need cover as we have one of the smallest squads in the league.

Any ideas?

I think we may well see some action in January but unless someone breaks down in training in the next day then I don't think we'll get anyone before then. The current squad seems to be doing OK, after all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 22 2005,13:21)]The emergency loan signing deadline closes at 1700 on Thursday 23rd November. Will Tily get in one in the next 27 hours? Do we need anyone in until January?
27 hours?!

52 hours and counting...

I'd be surprised if Tilly did not bring anyone in. An article on the official site said he is looking at 3 players at the moment...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 22 2005,13:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 22 2005,13:21)]The emergency loan signing deadline closes at 1700 on Thursday 23rd November. Will Tily get in one in the next 27 hours? Do we need anyone in until January?
27 hours?!

52 hours and counting...
Sorry - thought it was Wednesday!

tounge.gif

Ahh damn it! Three and a half days till the weekend now!

down.gif

Today's Evening Echo says that Tilly doesn't think he will be getting anybody in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Nov. 22 2005,14:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2005,14:00)]Hopefully we will get a Robert Carlos style left back.
Not quite Roberto Carlos but Dean Gorden is training with Barnsley, does'nt have a club.
Careful, I mentioned Dean Gordon a coupla months ago and got panned by a few on here!
suspect.gif

I reckon Dean Gordon would be useful player to have as well actually. Decent experience, an out and out left back and left footed to give us a bit of balance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 22 2005,19:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Nov. 22 2005,14:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2005,14:00)]Hopefully we will get a Robert Carlos style left back.
Not quite Roberto Carlos but Dean Gorden is training with Barnsley, does'nt have a club.
Careful, I mentioned Dean Gordon a coupla months ago and got panned by a few on here!  
suspect.gif
Really? I agree with you (and Prodigal Son) that he would be a decent addition. Only trouble is, most of his clubs have been northern ones so I'm not sure whether he'd be willing to relocate at this stage of his career.

We definitely need a bit more cover in defence, particularly at left-back, so hopefully Tilly will strengthen in that area in January if not before. I think he will probably go back in for Junior Agogo as well as I can't see him signing a new contract at Bristol Rovers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Nov. 23 2005,01:23)]I think he will probably go back in for Junior Agogo as well as I can't see him signing a new contract at Bristol Rovers.
Along with Bristol City, QPR, Swansea... etc. etc.

Quite a few will be after Mr. Agogo in January.

Don't know much about Dean Gordon to be honest, but always thought he looked a tidy sort of player...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 23 2005,11:29)]I'd still rather we went for Grant Holt (the new Brettie Angell © 2005) over Agogo!
Oh, you betcha. 100% agreed.

But I don't think we can afford him - especially since he has 18 months left to run on his contract - and I don't think Rochdale would sell - especially with the Dale firmly ensconced in the promotion picture (currently lying 4th).

However, with The Gas in 19th (i.e. almost certainly no prospect of promotion this season, already), and with Agogo having only 6 months left on his contract, he is going to want outta there in January.

And whilst I'd rather have Holt, Agogo is the more realistic prospect in terms of the ability to capture him, and in terms of the ability to afford him.

The only remaining question would be whether he would want to join us rather than another club...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Nov. 23 2005,01:23)]Careful, I mentioned Dean Gordon a coupla months ago and got panned by a few on here!  
suspect.gif
Really? I agree with you (and Prodigal Son) that he would be a decent addition. Only trouble is, most of his clubs have been northern ones so I'm not sure whether he'd be willing to relocate at this stage of his career.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget he spent a good few seasons in the South with Crystal Palace.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 23 2005,11:38)]Agogo is the more realistic prospect in terms of the ability to capture him, and in terms of the ability to afford him.
Not quite as might you imagine there, Matt.

As I stated on here a couple of months ago, Agogo is on a very hefty wage which is the major stumbling block between him signing for us until he lowers his demands. Spinner is currently our highest earner. Have a little guess what he's on and add nearly double that and you'll get to what Agogo is on. Quite how Bristol Rovers can afford it I don't know.

He would be a cracking signing IMO, and with his style he'd fit in better than Holt I think, but it depends massively on what wages he'd expect. Don't rule it out next summer though.
oops.gif
wink.gif

Back