• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loan Signings

Barry's Boss

Heard today that we'd tried to get Julian Gray from Birmingham and Matthew Spring from Watford but can't afford the wages.

Why the hell go after players that you can't afford - it's like me wasting my own time test driving a BMW when I know that I can only afford a 10 year old used Nissan.

As for Tilly saying that he needs players better than what we've got - then he can't be looking very hard - after all Clarke in midfield??

Ive been thinking alot lately about the players he released. I really do wish we'd have kept Bentley. He is just the sort of player we need on the right of even central midfield at the moment who would get stuck in with his strength and bomb forward and get the odd goal. Even Duncan Jupp was a more solid right back than we've had so far this season.

I cant help but thinkin we should have given the team that's got us promotion two seasons running a crack as they deserved it. Look at Col******r, last season we were better than they were and they havent gone out and spent big on players. They've given the lads they had last season a crack and look where they are. In Theory we had no reason to go out and buy Clarke, Hammell and Francis. 3 Defenders when we were crying out for midfielders and strikers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:12)]Ive been thinking alot lately about the players he released. I really do wish we'd have kept Bentley. He is just the sort of player we need on the right of even central midfield at the moment who would get stuck in with his strength and bomb forward and get the odd goal. Even Duncan Jupp was a more solid right back than we've had so far this season.

I cant help but thinkin we should have given the team that's got us promotion two seasons running a crack as they deserved it. Look at Col******r, last season we were better than they were and they havent gone out and spent big on players. They've given the lads they had last season a crack and look where they are. In Theory we had no reason to go out and buy Clarke, Hammell and Francis. 3 Defenders when we were crying out for midfielders and strikers.
Actually i think Col******r have gone out and brought EXPERIENCED players for this season and its as simple as that as to why we are struggling and there not

experience is vita at this level and we have none

not one player starting tonight has had championship experience (i think)

Combine this with a slight lack of ability and you have problems

Pato

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry's Boss @ Oct. 31 2006,23:07)]As for Tilly saying that he needs players better than what we've got - then he can't be looking very hard - after all Clarke in midfield??
EXACTLY!

Same old boring classic Tilly comes out with!

Why no Jay Smith in the side tonight?

We're going down!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Oct. 31 2006,23:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry's Boss @ Oct. 31 2006,23:07)]As for Tilly saying that he needs players better than what we've got - then he can't be looking very hard - after all Clarke in midfield??
EXACTLY!

Same old boring classic Tilly comes out with!

Why no Jay Smith in the side tonight?

We're going down!
Jay got injured while on loan at Notts County, as hes apparently surplus to requirements at roots hall, c'mon we all saw tonight what flare and ability we already have in midfield
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:12)]I cant help but thinkin we should have given the team that's got us promotion two seasons running a crack as they deserved it.
We're bottom of the league because we've got too many players from the team that brilliantly won two promotions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ Oct. 31 2006,23:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:12)]Ive been thinking alot lately about the players he released. I really do wish we'd have kept Bentley. He is just the sort of player we need on the right of even central midfield at the moment who would get stuck in with his strength and bomb forward and get the odd goal. Even Duncan Jupp was a more solid right back than we've had so far this season.

Actually i think Col******r have gone out and brought EXPERIENCED players for this season and its as simple as that as to why we are struggling and there not

Pato
i think your find we had 1......sodje when he was with crewe ! thats about it

Hammell, Clarke, Francis, JCR and Harrold didnt play big parts in our promotions and Lewis Hunt hardly got a game last season.

The team has been changed too much when we didnt need to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BRICKTOP @ Oct. 31 2006,23:29)]
[b said:
[b said:

Pato
Francis too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 31 2006,23:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BRICKTOP @ Oct. 31 2006,23:29)]
[b said:
[b said:

Pato
Francis too.
Plus Clarke and Hunt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Oct. 31 2006,23:18)]Why no Jay Smith in the side tonight?
Maybe because he's a shadow of his former self and being outshone in the reserves by kids?

If we did indeed go for Julian Gray, I can't help but worry as to the amount of time Tilly wastes in going for players we're never gonna get. Of course Gray is going to come to us when he's angling for a move to the Prem.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 31 2006,23:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Oct. 31 2006,23:18)]Why no Jay Smith in the side tonight?
Maybe because he's a shadow of his former self and being outshone in the reserves by kids?

If we did indeed go for Julian Gray, I can't help but worry as to the amount of time Tilly wastes in going for players we're never gonna get. Of course Gray is going to come to us when he's angling for a move to the Prem.  
oops.gif
So Gutts, Maher and Clarke are doing it in midfield then???

Tilson has alot to answer for!

Jay Smith has gone, lads. He and Mitchell Cole need to be consigned to the SUFC history books.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 31 2006,23:37)]Jay Smith has gone, lads. He and Mitchell Cole need to be consigned to the SUFC history books.
Why has he let Mitchell Cole go? Its another that I cannot understand. If we had him right now we could put Gower on the right with Cole on the left. Actualy attacking midfielders instead of Hunt and Francis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 31 2006,23:37)]Jay Smith has gone, lads. He and Mitchell Cole need to be consigned to the SUFC history books.
Why has he let Mitchell Cole go? Its another that I cannot understand. If we had him right now we could put Gower on the right with Cole on the left. Actualy attacking midfielders instead of Hunt and Francis.
I don't know. But I don't think he's coming back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 01 2006,00:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:39)]
[b said:
I don't know. But I don't think he's coming back.
As I've mentioned before, just watch Tilly's interview where Dave S. says that MC is doing well at the Cobblers, and Tilly is distinctly luke warm in his response. The minute I saw that I felt that we had seen the last of him. I wonder if he is another disruptive influence? No evidence for that, but that seems to be the cardinal sin as far as Tilly is concerned.

Jay to Notts County? Mitch to N'hampton? Che to ? Is Tilson trying hard to free up wages to allow us to stretch for that experienced player we need?

in terms of realistic loan signings, i can't help but feel like we've missed a trick with John Eustace, who i think is currently on loan at Hereford. Admittedly he's coming back from a long injury, but he's a goalscoring midfielder with bags of experience at this level. maybe if he still can't get in the Stoke team (now with Hendrie, Delap etc) when he comes back?....

getting used to tonight's story- a bit of bad luck (but some good luck too with Harrold's goal) coupled with some shocking defending and poor use of posession. Saw Brush's point about Bradbury too- whereas early this season and last year with the Goat we were able to hold the ball up-top and build a move, we're relying a lot more now on Eastwood conjuring up something from deep. he's good enough that he can often manage it once or twice a game, but 4 is a big ask. don't see why JCR didn't come on instead of (or with) Hooper, their left-back was complete pony. 3-2 down against ten we should surely have gone 4-3-3... oh well, bring on Man U
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 31 2006,23:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,23:12)]I cant help but thinkin we should have given the team that's got us promotion two seasons running a crack as they deserved it.
We're bottom of the league because we've got too many players from the team that brilliantly won two promotions.
Hear, hear.

The gap between league one and the championship is huge.

We're coming up against real quality on a regular basis (although not so much tonight).

We've got John Hartson to look forward to on the 1st Jan and he has 10+ champions league / UEFA cup goals to his name. He's like a rich man's Parkin.
smile.gif

Back